Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would hate to see milan win the scudetto...but i would hate even more to see us not to qualify for the CL...so we gotta win this game even though the victory means that milan would have more advantage...

forza INTER!!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Serie A Week 24 - 7/3/04 (20.30)
Roma - Inter
LIVE on British Eurosport (KO 7.30pm UK time)
Stadio Olimpico

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A defeat for either Roma or Inter at the Olimpico could be devastating for either side. The capital outfit run the risk of losing touch with leaders Milan, while a loss for the Nerazzurri could see boss Alberto Zaccheroni axed after just 18 League games in charge.

Roma have been sensational at times this term. Their class was further underlined against Parma when, despite knowing that talks over the club’s sale with the Russians had stalled, they came from a goal down to win 4-1 at the Stadio Tardini.

Olimpico boss Fabio Capello has everybody available apart from Vincenzo Montella. Jonathan Zebina returns to the fold after he served his one match ban. The only doubt for the tactician seems to revolve around his formation.

He may decide to go with a 3-5-2 in a bid to match Inter in midfield. If he doesn’t then he will drop De Rossi to the bench and bring in an extra stopper, possibly Vincenzo Candela on the left. Totti and Cassano will start up front with the aim of piercing a dodgy Nerazzurri defence.

These are tough times for Inter. They’ve lost seven times this term, the last coming at the San Siro against Brescia on Sunday. Although they do have a host of injury problems to deal with, all is evidently not well.

The whole squad was ordered into training camp immediately after the loss in a bid to re-compact the group. Fortunately Fabio Cannavaro is looking good to return from injury but they will be without Dejan Stankovic in midfield and Alvaro Recoba because of suspension.

Christian Vieri is set to return to the starting line-up after being dropped. He will probably partner Adriano in a bid to break down Serie A’s meanest defence. Goalkeeper Francesco Toldo will also be keen to impress after some shaky displays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma (probable): Pelizzoli; Zebina, Samuel, Chivu; Mancini, Emerson, Dacourt, De Rossi, Lima; Totti, Cassano

Inter (probable): Toldo; Cannavaro, Adani, Cordoba; J Zanetti, Farinos, C Zanetti, Pasquale; Kily Gonzalez, Vieri, Adriano

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
MARTINS IS BACK

:eek:

I don't know whether you guys noticed this or not :

INTER 0-0 SOCHAUX (Agg. 2-2)

Scorers:

INTER: 1 Toldo , 2 Cordoba , 4 J. Zanetti , 6 C.Zanetti (26 Pasquale 72'), 9 Cruz , 13 Helveg , 14 Farinos , 15 Adani , 18 Kily Gonzalez , 22 Okan (7 van der Meyde 68'), 32 Vieri
Subs not used: 12 Fontana , 8 Lamouchi , 19 Karagounis , 30 Martins , 31 Brechet
Coach: Alberto Zaccheroni

_______

That's really a great news, atleast for me.
If UEFA rejects our appeal for Vieri's red card, then Martins might have to start along with Recoba or Cruz.
And who knows, he could come as sub striker in the coming Serie games (instead of Cruz) ??

Adriano will definitely start, most probably with Vieri. Don't know about Recoba (fitness / formation / position) ? Martins could be useful against Roma as well.

And well, I am not saying that he will help us in great way but gives a linger of hope (I guess)
:D ;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Prepare to lose :tongue: I am still slightly cautios about this match Inter have surprised more than once this season already when we least expect it, like away to Juve and Arsenal for sure but even at home to us everyone expected us still to win but you held out a 0-0. I am reasonably confident though as Inter are just dispicable at present and defensively are quite a shambles. Then our attack is absolutely brilliant at present. I mean, it would break every scientific law in history if we did not win this match!!!

·
Registered
57,729 Posts
Don't worry. We're all mentally prepared for this loss. At least Roma can maintain their title challenge and another thing is that Zac would be finally sacked.

I Just hope we don't get humiliated like Juve.

Oh and another thing, i Hope Cannavaro can catch this game. A Trio of Cordoba-Adani-Cannavaro doesn't look bad. A headless Cannavaro withouht legs is ten times better than Helveg. :yuck:

P.S We gotta make up some nickname for Helveg. Any suggestions lads ?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
hope to see this lineup:

toldo

cordoba - adani - cannavaro

zanetti - biava - zanetti - farinos - kily

adriano - vieri

i hope to see 5 midfielders cuz i wouldnt risk playing 3 attackers against Roma, they usually play with 5 midfielders too so they would tear up our midfield with only Zanetti and Farinos in the starting eleven so i really hope to see Biava play, okey i know he shouldnt be played in this kind of game rightaway as he hasnt played at all, but this guy is very talented and i know that he will do very well if played... for u who havent seen him play he reminds a lot of Ambrosini and kinda looks like Ambrosini too ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Deano said:
Prepare to lose :tongue: I am still slightly cautios about this match Inter have surprised more than once this season already when we least expect it, like away to Juve and Arsenal for sure but even at home to us everyone expected us still to win but you held out a 0-0. I am reasonably confident though as Inter are just dispicable at present and defensively are quite a shambles. Then our attack is absolutely brilliant at present. I mean, it would break every scientific law in history if we did not win this match!!!
SCREW THAT SHIT! WE ARE GOING TO WIN! WE ARE GOING TO TEACH ROMA THAT WE ARE STILL KINGS IN ITALIA! BE PREPARED TO WIN! WE WILL PREVIAL! WE WILL WIN! WE WILL WIN! WE WILL WIN!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Your declarations seem a little optimistic Pulsar and possibly even a little foolish. I do not think Inter are capable of winning this match. We are up against Serie A's most potent attack and tightest defence. About the only thing Inter has going for them is the fact that we have nothing to lose but apart from that, the forecast is pretty glum.

When Inter loses, do you think Zaccheroni will really be sacked or do you think his midweek 'victory' will save him for a little longer? I do not think he would be sacked because to bring in Cuper or anyone else at this time would undermine the teams quest for the UEFA Cup.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
APPIANO GENTILE - The Nerazzurri who took part in last night's Uefa Cup draw at home to Sochaux did some jogging and performed warm-down and stretching exercises during today's training session at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre. Defender Daniele Adani took part in the session despite suffering a left-hand sprain in last night's match at the Meazza which required bandaging.

The rest of the squad did an athletic session, with aerobic exercises for some and strength-building work for others, followed by a practice match.

The players currently working to improve physical condition trained individually, as below:

Cannavaro : running at a continuous pace

Emre : therapy, exercises in gym

Gamarra : jumps on sand track, weight-dragging exercises

:rolleyes: What now ??

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Milan hope for Inter success

sportinglife.com

It is not often that AC Milan supporters feel compelled to cheer on city rivals Inter, but the Serie A leaders will be keeping their fingers crossed the Nerazzurri can take points off Milan's closest challengers Roma on Sunday night.

When Roma take the field against Inter Milan at the Stadio Olimpico, they will already know the result of Milan's clash with Sampdoria at San Siro, which would mean the Rossoneri moving temporarily eight points clear of Fabio Capello's side if they prevail.

With Inter in turmoil having lost their last three league matches, Roma go into the match strong favourites for victory.

But Alberto Zaccheroni's team are such an unpredictable bunch that they are quite capable of pulling off a shock success - as they proved by inflicting a first league defeat of the season on Juventus earlier in the season.

"We believe we have the talent to pull level with Milan in the table," said young Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi.

"But we have to be wary of Inter. They come to Rome under a lot of pressure, so I expect the match to be a real battle."

AC Milan's game with Sampdoria, meanwhile, could prove far tougher than many would believe.

The Blucerchiati are one of the most resilient sides in the top flight, and will fancy their chances of earning a UEFA Cup place for next season; they are currently three points and two places behind Inter, who occupy the final qualification spot.

The match opens a vital week for Milan, who face Sparta Prague in the Champions League in midweek and travel to Turin to take on Juventus next Sunday.

Defender Kakha Kaladze expects Roma and Juve, a further point behind the Giallorossi in third, to remain in contention for the title until the very end.

"I am wary of both Juve and Roma, because they are great teams who will believe they have a chance to win until the season ends," he said.

"We all hope Inter can do us a favour; it is the first time in my life that I have supported them!

"It is a good period for us, but we can't rest on our laurels. We must keep going with the same intensity, game after game."

Juventus, who will also be hoping for a favour from Inter, face a tricky trip to Brescia, who are on a high following their 3-1 victory at Inter last time out.

Furthermore, Gianni De Biasi's side should welcome back Roberto Baggio, who would like nothing better than to score against the club where he became a genuine world superstar before falling out with coach Marcello Lippi and being shown the door.

Lazio will be looking to bounce back from their home defeat by Milan when they travel north to Bologna, while fellow Champions League-chasers Parma head for an Emilian derby at Modena.

Udinese entertain a resurgent Perugia - who have won their last two league games.

Chievo host Empoli, faltering Siena face a difficult afternoon at in-form Lecce and winless Ancona take on Reggina.

Updated: Fri, Mar 5, 2004 12:00:05 PM AEST

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Recoba out of Roma tie Thursday 4 March, 2004

Alvaro Recoba has had his two-match ban reduced to one but he still won¡¯t be available for Inter¡¯s trip to Roma on Sunday.

The Nerazzurri star was handed the suspension earlier this week after TV evidence was examined of an incident in the 3-1 defeat to Brescia.

The Uruguayan was spotted grabbing Markus Schopp around the throat after a mini scuffle developed.

Inter appealed against the sentence today but the striker¡¯s ban was simply halved rather than dismissed.

The San Siro outfit also appealed in an attempt to get Dejan Stankovic¡¯s two-match ban cut.

But the Disciplinary Commission argued that his sending-off against Brescia merited a two-game stop. Stankovic was also ordered to pay a �0„52,000 fine.

Recoba will be available again for the Chievo game in Week 25, while the midfielder will return against Ancona.

channel4

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i have the feeling that the ref will be in our side in this game (maybe becuase milan and juve will take the profit if we win)

let's say totti will receive a red card :rolleyes:

·
Registered
678 Posts
it makes me think the old days when we can't get even 1 point from Milan or Juv, but Rome sometimes gives us 3.;)

so I think this time, ;)
just give Rome what they really wants.

Remember what we do now is to lift the UEFA Cup.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ROSETTI TO REF INTER V ROMA
Friday, 05 March 2004 12:17:21
MILAN - Sunday evening's Serie A Week 24 match at the Olimpico will be refereed by Roberto Rosetti. The official from Turin will be assisted by linesmen Babini and Farneti, and by fourth man Rocchi.

Week 24 matches & refs:
Ancona v Reggina: Palanca (Rome)
Bologna v Lazio: Messina (Bergamo)
Brescia v Juventus (Saturday at 20:30): Bertini (Arezzo)
Chievo v Empoli: Pellegrino (Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto)
Lecce v Siena: Rodomonti (Rome)
AC Milan v Sampdoria: Trefoloni (Siena)
Modena v Parma (Saturday at 18:00): Pieri (Genoa)
Roma v Inter (Sunday at 20:30): Rosetti (Turin)
Udinese v Perugia: Racalbuto (Gallarate)

Kick-offs on Sunday at 15:00 unless stated

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cannavaro: We can conquer Capital Saturday 6 March, 2004

Fabio Cannavaro believes that Inter can leave the Stadio Olimpico with a victory and hopes to be a part of that match.

¡°The last few training sessions have been very encouraging,¡± said the defender who has been suffering from muscular problems. ¡°We will decide today whether or not I can make the trip to Rome.¡±

The Azzurri captain has been out of action for a month and his return would be a valuable boost when facing the Giallorossi.

¡°Roma are a wonderful team who will fight for the Scudetto until the very last day of the season. Nonetheless, I am convinced that we will make them suffer on Sunday evening.¡±

Inter have not won here since a spectacular 5-4 victory in 1999, but they have a strike force able to conquer even the most difficult arenas.

¡°It will be a real battle for the two sets of defences, there is no doubt about that,¡± smiled the central defender.

¡°With two beasts like Christian Vieri and Adriano pushing their way into the box you cannot afford to lose concentration for a second, but then again the same can be said of Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano.¡±

The midweek 0-0 draw with Sochaux allowed Inter to qualify for the UEFA Cup Fourth Round and boosted confidence after three consecutive Serie A defeats.

¡°This is a difficult time for us,¡± he added. ¡°The team is struggling to find the right level of concentration and relaxation needed to get results. But I am convinced that we can still win the UEFA Cup and get that fourth Champions¡¯ League spot.¡±

Francesco Toldo has been under fire of late with some disappointing performances, but he looked secure against Sochaux.

¡°Walter Zenga helped me a great deal in this time of crisis,¡± he revealed of the former Inter legend.

¡°He told me to block my ears off to all the insults and maintain my determination. I did that in the UEFA Cup and finally had a good game. This could be a turning point for both Inter and myself, or at the very least a step in the right direction.¡±

channel4

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
APPIANO GENTILE - Alberto Zaccheroni has named a 20-man squad for Sunday evening's match away to Roma.

Goalkeeprs: Alex Cordaz (71), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Jeremie Brechet (31), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Thomas Helveg (13)

Midfielders: Biava Fabrizio (29), Francisco Farinos (14), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Georgios Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Cristiano Zanetti (6), Javier Zanetti (4)

Srtikers: Adriano (10), Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Obafemi Martins (30), Andy van der Meyde (7), Christian Vieri (32)

:)

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i think our best line up for this game well be like this ( in zac formation 3-4-3 )

******* canna **** adani **** cordoba *******

************** j.z******** c.z **************

******* vdm *********************** kily *******

******* cruz ********* adriano ******** martins ******

1 - 20 of 146 Posts