·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool::boxing::drool:

·
Registered
62,707 Posts
Hopefully Mancini sets his team up to win. Yes, a draw would be fine but we're at home, so we should take on to the pitch to win and seal the Scudetto. Roma have beaten us on their last 2 visits, so it's payback time. It would also be nice to do the double over a big team.

I would've prefer Chivu at LB for this game but given the form of Vieira and the injuries to Stankovic, Cristian should play in midfield.

FORZA INTER

SIAMO SEMPRE CON VOI

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
This will be a big game, our undefeated record will definitely be challenged.

If we win, our spirit and esteem will certainly rise, just what we need going into a big 2nd leg vs. liverpool (I can not get the champions league out of my head!) and be a huge blow to Roma's chances of winning Serie A

FORZA INTER, Pazza Inter, Non mollare mai, IT IS NOT OVER, FAR FROM OVER!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Ohh man this ain't gonna be pretty...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spalletti picks up momentum Sunday 24 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luciano Spalletti can’t wait to face Inter on Wednesday, but Cesare Prandelli feels Adrian Mutu’s injury was decisive in Rome.

The 1-0 victory over Fiorentina – and the Nerazzurri’s 1-1 at Sampdoria – has reduced the gap at the top of the table to nine points just days before a head-to-head battle at San Siro.

“I think up until now Roma have had a great season and if Inter are nine points in front then they have been almost impeccable,” said Spalletti.

“It still seems like a very large gap, though. It is difficult to play every three days and that means we are all playing below our capabilities at the moment. Inter are better in the air and from set-pieces, we play well with the ball to feet at pace, so we must try to push the game towards our characteristics.”

Fiorentina also played in Europe midweek and that clearly affected their performance at the Olimpico.

“Despite this situation, the two teams faced each other openly and there could have been many more goals for both sides, but the prerogative was to ensure the fans enjoyed themselves.”

The turning point of the encounter saw Mutu stretchered off with a sprained left knee in the first half and Prandelli felt that was crucial.

“He feels a little pain in the collateral ligament, but we hope it is only a bruise because it was a very hard sprain.

“This injury gave Roma the psychological advantage in a moment in which we were playing well. Overall the team’s performance was positive.”

It leaves the Viola at risk of being caught by Milan in the race for fourth place this weekend.

“It is not a missed opportunity to consolidate fourth, as there will be other chances to pick up points. The regret is we failed to convert some of our first half scoring opportunities.”

channel4

·
Registered
46,083 Posts
This game is just coming at the wrong time. Right only if we win, of course.

Cordoba is definitely missed.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
No Matrix please. He is in bad from and even on good form he isn't suited to roma.

My team:

JC

Maicon Rivas Burdisso Chivu

Viera Cambiasso JZ

Deki/Figo

Ibra Crespo

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
You will win and everything will be sorted it out. You are too strong to allow this mini-crisis to continue.

.. and I fully mean that, no jinxing intended. :)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
GamE_Ove12 said:
You will win and everything will be sorted it out. You are too strong to allow this mini-crisis to continue.

.. and I fully mean that, no jinxing intended. :)
:dielaugh: :dielaugh:

It's yours to lose. We're playing with a 2nd string (maybe even 3rd string) defence, our midfield is injury-depleted, and we may be without Zlatan, our main creative force.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
It's yours to lose.
I know. :) We've been playing like crap for over 3 months now. Lately we had luck on our side, but it won't last for ever.

Draw, or Inter win. Can't really see us beating you with our recent performances even with all the players you're missing.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
GamE_Ove12 said:
I know. :) We've been playing like crap for over 3 months now. Lately we had luck on our side, but it won't last for ever.

Draw, or Inter win. Can't really see us beating you with our recent performances even with all the players you're missing.
Draw is the best we can hope for:depress:

Our squad is cursed, never seen a team with so many serious injuries in one season:googly: :googly:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Look this is the hard truth- not wanting to offend anyone here

But basically Roma will f us up 4-0 or something this Wednesday but it won't matter cuz they will lose in the next week to some minnow. Sorry but that's how things lie nowadays not wanting to be a jackass

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
seems like Ibra is out, and Cruz to, as he hasnt trained with the team either, but we can cope without them, so Suazo and Crespo it will be then, and hopefully with Super Mario on the bench :D.. mark my words, if Mario gets 25-30 min of playing time against Roma, he will score :D

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Deno said:
seems like Ibra is out, and Cruz to, as he hasnt trained with the team either, but we can cope without them, so Suazo and Crespo it will be then, and hopefully with Super Mario on the bench :D.. mark my words, if Mario gets 25-30 min of playing time against Roma, he will score :D

Crespo and Suazo looked a bad combination against Samp

I'd rather play Balotelli than Suazo anyway

and no doubt Vieira will also play and put in another disaster of a performance

Roma always play at their absolute best in the San Siro

I'm expecting a loss

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Some of the attitude around here is sickening. I hope it's only sarcasm and hoping that saying one thing will lead to another.

No Inter fan should ever feel his side has lost before they step out on to the field.

Roma aren't in great form either. They lost to siena 3-0 just the other day.

Inter has as much chance as roma.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Roma has been playing much better than us in their tie against Real as well as their weekend game. A week is just as good a timeperiod to judge form by.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
G. Facchetti said:
Roma has been playing much better than us in their tie against Real as well as their weekend game. A week is just as good a timeperiod to judge form by.
They were playing at home vs real.;) Makes a huge difference in the cl whether your playing home or away.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts