any TV coverage in the US? GolTV? RAI International? :confused:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Serie A Week 27 - 26/2/06 (14.00 UK)
Inter - Udinese

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter suffered the indignity of seeing rivals Milan leapfrog them after last weekend's stalemate with Livorno, and will be desperate to return to winning ways against an Udinese side in turmoil at the San Siro.

Roberto Mancini has had a season of ups and downs and has a crucial period ahead. The Nerazzurri looked to be Juventus' only genuine opposition for long periods, but after a recent slump find themselves in third and under pressure to perform. Mancini will be especially worried by how toothless the Beneamata have looked in recent weeks. Inter have scored a miserable three goals in four games and seem to lack a confidence in front of goal.

Udinese are a club in crisis. After the dismissal of Serse Cosmi, the new pairing of Loris Dominissini and Nestor Sensini suffered a Serie A baptism of fire, ending in a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Siena. Despite a resounding win over Lens in the UEFA Cup, the new pair have every right to be reticent. The Friulani have had a disastrous season. Expected to feature in the top six, the Bianconeri are now nine games without a win and in some danger of joining the relegation battle.

Mancini will be without Adriano for two games after videotape evidence convicted him of violent conduct in last weekend's game against Livorno. Francesco Toldo committed his future to Inter in the week with a new contract and may be rewarded with a starting place as Julio Cesar is a doubt. Alvaro Recoba is still injured as is Juan Sebastian Veron and January signing Cesar.

Vincent Candela will not make the trip to Milan after he was controversially sent off against Siena last weekend. Marco Motta's season is over despite successful surgery on his right knee. Cesare Natali is still out of action with an injury to his right calf.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter: Toldo; J. Zanetti, Cordoba, Samuel, Wome; Figo, Pizarro, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Martins, Cruz

Udinese: De Sanctis; Bertotto, Felipe, Zapata; Zenoni, Obodo, Baronio, Tissone, Muntari; Iaquinta, Di Natale

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
What a sucky strike force
:sigh:

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
rishabh16 said:
What a sucky strike force
:sigh:
Do i need to remind u of Arsenal at highbury 3-0.....although it is a different circumstance this time and different coach as well as form

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Im not too sure about the 3-0 highbury thrashing , cuz you know what happened in the return leg. Inter does play such fantastic matches but not on a regular basis.

Anyway , Martins didn't look at all bad against Ajax. Cruz . . :wallbang:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DONDARINI TO REF INTER V UDINESE
Friday, 24 February 2006 12:27:37
MILAN - Referee Paolo Dondarini (Finale Emilia section) will take charge of Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 27 match between Inter and Udinese. At the Giuseppe Meazza stadium Dondarini (yet to referee the Nerazzurri this season) will be assisted by linesmen Strocchia and Fornasin, and fourth official De Marco.

Serie A Week 27 fixtures & referees:
Lazio v Roma (20:30, Sun 26 Feb): Trefoloni
Juventus v Lecce: Rodomonti
Inter v Udinese: Dondarini
Ascoli v Messina: M.De Santis
Cagliari v Chievo: S.Farina
Empoli v Treviso: Tagliavento
Palermo v AC Milan: Pieri
Parma v Fiorentina (20:30, Sat 25 Feb): Paparesta
Reggina v Livorno (18:00, Sat 25 Feb): Rizzoli
Siena v Sampdoria: Racalbuto

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DONDARINI TO REF INTER V UDINESE
Friday, 24 February 2006 12:27:37
MILAN - Referee Paolo Dondarini (Finale Emilia section) will take charge of Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 27 match between Inter and Udinese. At the Giuseppe Meazza stadium Dondarini (yet to referee the Nerazzurri this season) will be assisted by linesmen Strocchia and Fornasin, and fourth official De Marco.

Serie A Week 27 fixtures & referees:
Lazio v Roma (20:30, Sun 26 Feb): Trefoloni
Juventus v Lecce: Rodomonti
Inter v Udinese: Dondarini
Ascoli v Messina: M.De Santis
Cagliari v Chievo: S.Farina
Empoli v Treviso: Tagliavento
Palermo v AC Milan: Pieri
Parma v Fiorentina (20:30, Sat 25 Feb): Paparesta
Reggina v Livorno (18:00, Sat 25 Feb): Rizzoli
Siena v Sampdoria: Racalbuto

inter.it

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
--------toldo
zanetti-cordoba-samuel-burdisso
figo-cambiasso-pizarro-SOLARI
------cruz-martins

I hope Solari plays, although I see Cesar and Kily both ahead of him, even Stankovic. I don't understand since he is our only left-winger who can cross the ball???
Well anyways, I hope he plays, I have faith in him.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Solari for the whole 90 minutes, no point in playing him for just one half

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
INTER V UDINESE: 19-PLAYER SQUAD
Saturday, 25 February 2006 19:37:41
APPIANO GENTILE - Updated squad list for Inter v Udinese after inclusion of Alvaro Recoba:

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 22 Paolo Orlandoni

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 33 Pierre Wome

Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 7 Luis Figo , 8 David Pizarro, 18 Cristian Kily González, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Santiago Solari, 31 Cesar

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
INTER V UDINESE: RECOBA JOINS SQUAD
Saturday, 25 February 2006 19:12:56
MILAN - Alvaro Recoba has been drafted into Roberto Mancini's squad after the CAF's decision to restore Adriano's two-match ban. "After hearing that Adriano would be unavailable through suspension I telephoned Recoba, who still isn't fully fit but said he was willing to join the squad, and now he's here in retreat with us," Mancini explained from the team's hotel. "I want to thank him for this nice gesture, but we don't want to run any risks with his recovery so as I pointed out this afternoon, we will see how he is in the coming hours."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MANCINI: "ADRIANO? I AWAIT THE VERDICT"
Saturday, 25 February 2006 15:39:04
APPIANO GENTILE - Part one of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference, which took place at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre before the CAF's verdict on the Adriano ban:

Mancini, leaving out of consideration the CAF's verdict, are you annoyed that the FA appealed over the cancellation of Adriano's ban?
"President Facchetti will reply to this. I can only hope that Adriano is free to play tomorrow."

If Adriano is disqualified, could Alvaro Recoba return?
" Recoba is still not ready. He played part of the practice match in today's training, but he has to recover without rushing things. It's better for him to return when he's fully fit."

Last week you said that Inter cannot do without Adriano. Do you still think so?
"Yes, absolutely. Adriano is a very important player for Inter. When in form, he's one of those players who can be decisive even if the team isn't playing well. I hope he reaches top form as soon as possible, but it's clear that changes can be made during matches in the interests of the team. However, we must have him back in form as soon as possible because he's very important for us."

So is it better for Adriano to play than rest at the moment?
"Definitely."

Will you still play with two strikers if Adriano is ruled out?
"Yes. Cruz and Martins will play."

Will we see Giuseppe Favalli on the pitch tomorrow?
"No. He hasn't been called up because he's not fit."

====================

MANCINI: "NO CHOICES BASED ON FRIENDSHIPS"
Saturday, 25 February 2006 15:57:37
APPIANO GENTILE - Part two of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference:

Mancini, Inter haven't won for a while. It's important to start winning again tomorrow.
"We haven't won in four matches. There were two undeserved defeats in two important matches. Two defeats like these can affect the team psychologically. Then there were two draws: the positive one in Amsterdam and the less positive one in Livorno, where we should have done a bit more to win. In these cases the main thing is to pick up quickly, and a victory tomorrow is important. Three points against a team like Udinese, who have changed coach and are doing well, are important and can help the team on a psychological level."

What's your opinion of the open letter in a sports daily written by Gianluca Vialli about your management of Inter?
"I haven't read it, I have only seen the title. But Vialli is a friend of mine and he can say what he wants. Did he write that I am too friendly with some players? The title reported this observation, but I don't think he said it like this. And I have never made decisions based on friendships. Never. If I make a decision it's because tactically I think this is the best thing for the team. And if one of my friends plays, let's also remember that he's an Inter player."

Nestor Sensini has been coaching Udinese for a few weeks now. You know him well. Are you expecting any special moves in tomorrow afternoon's game?
"Nestor was a great player. All the experience he has accumulated in a long career in Argentina and Italy will help him become a great coach. He has been doing this job for a few weeks and you can't change everything in such a short time. But his ideas will certainly be positive and of use to the team."

===========================

MANCINI: "THE DRAW WITH AJAX..."
Saturday, 25 February 2006 15:58:52
APPIANO GENTILE - Part three of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference:

Mancini, now that two days have passed since the Ajax draw, can you comment on the game?
"First I want to say that it's not fair to say we played badly in the first half in Amsterdam just because Cesar was on the pitch and not in perfect condition. I made a mistaken assessment of a player who had done well during the week's training. But the match started badly and Ajax gained confidence after the first goal and attacked our half of the pitch. At that stage Cesar might have had a few problems. But it was the whole team that made too soft a start to the match. Then we conceded the first goal and couldn't get going again. We made a change in the second half, but a single substitution can't change a game that much. In the second half the team understood it had done too little in the first part of the match, and they were more determined when they came back on the pitch."

Do you agree with the many people who say that David Pizarro's introduction at the start of the second half changed the match?
"I also said this."

So how come Pizarro hasn't played as much as he should have? And why has he been a bit abandoned?
"I have never abandoned Pizarro. He didn't play when Veron was missing for the Juventus game, and he didn't play in the first half in Amsterdam. When you join a big club you always need time to settle in because there can be problems. And maybe the team is doing well and the latest arrival has more problems winning a place, or momentarily has to accept what happens. In these cases you have to take advantage of your chances, just like Pizarro did on Wednesday. Sometimes a match or a half played well can change any kind of situation. In these months Pizarro has suffered like every player who plays less, but he has always trained hard, he has never been polemical and he has always supported his team-mates. I'm very happy that he came on and played very well on Wednesday evening because he's a great player and he deserved an evening like that. But these things don't just happen at Inter, they also happen at other teams. In any case, I repeat: Pizarro has never been abandoned."

So could the Amsterdam match be a turning point for Pizarro?
"It could be. Will he play from the first minute tomorrow? It's possible."

On another couple of occasions you have said that Inter lacked the right determination at the start of a match.
"On the other occasions this may have happened because of too much tension or pressure in matches that perhaps were important for the championship. I think that on Wednesday they probably thought it would be an easy match, but it absolutely wasn't. When a big club like Inter faces a young team like Ajax, your opponents can create problems for you if they gain confidence and glimpse a chance of doing well. Ajax are an attacking team and have some boys with excellent technical qualities. The problem on Wednesday was how to manage the match against such a young Ajax."

It has been reported that you had a few problems with Marco Materazzi at the end of the game.
"We can all make mistakes in life. Things can go wrong in every working environment, just like they can in every family. Sometimes you raise your voice or argue about stupid things or important things, but usually these things remain within the environment where they happen. I'm not used to talking about what happens in the dressing room, and I never have. I'm disappointed that this rumour has emerged. There may have been a confrontation between me and Marco, but this concerns just me, Materazzi and the team."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MANCINI: "ADRIANO? I AWAIT THE VERDICT"
Saturday, 25 February 2006 15:39:04
APPIANO GENTILE - Part one of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference, which took place at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre before the CAF's verdict on the Adriano ban:

Mancini, leaving out of consideration the CAF's verdict, are you annoyed that the FA appealed over the cancellation of Adriano's ban?
"President Facchetti will reply to this. I can only hope that Adriano is free to play tomorrow."

If Adriano is disqualified, could Alvaro Recoba return?
" Recoba is still not ready. He played part of the practice match in today's training, but he has to recover without rushing things. It's better for him to return when he's fully fit."

Last week you said that Inter cannot do without Adriano. Do you still think so?
"Yes, absolutely. Adriano is a very important player for Inter. When in form, he's one of those players who can be decisive even if the team isn't playing well. I hope he reaches top form as soon as possible, but it's clear that changes can be made during matches in the interests of the team. However, we must have him back in form as soon as possible because he's very important for us."

So is it better for Adriano to play than rest at the moment?
"Definitely."

Will you still play with two strikers if Adriano is ruled out?
"Yes. Cruz and Martins will play."

Will we see Giuseppe Favalli on the pitch tomorrow?
"No. He hasn't been called up because he's not fit."

====================

MANCINI: "NO CHOICES BASED ON FRIENDSHIPS"
Saturday, 25 February 2006 15:57:37
APPIANO GENTILE - Part two of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference:

Mancini, Inter haven't won for a while. It's important to start winning again tomorrow.
"We haven't won in four matches. There were two undeserved defeats in two important matches. Two defeats like these can affect the team psychologically. Then there were two draws: the positive one in Amsterdam and the less positive one in Livorno, where we should have done a bit more to win. In these cases the main thing is to pick up quickly, and a victory tomorrow is important. Three points against a team like Udinese, who have changed coach and are doing well, are important and can help the team on a psychological level."

What's your opinion of the open letter in a sports daily written by Gianluca Vialli about your management of Inter?
"I haven't read it, I have only seen the title. But Vialli is a friend of mine and he can say what he wants. Did he write that I am too friendly with some players? The title reported this observation, but I don't think he said it like this. And I have never made decisions based on friendships. Never. If I make a decision it's because tactically I think this is the best thing for the team. And if one of my friends plays, let's also remember that he's an Inter player."

Nestor Sensini has been coaching Udinese for a few weeks now. You know him well. Are you expecting any special moves in tomorrow afternoon's game?
"Nestor was a great player. All the experience he has accumulated in a long career in Argentina and Italy will help him become a great coach. He has been doing this job for a few weeks and you can't change everything in such a short time. But his ideas will certainly be positive and of use to the team."

===========================

MANCINI: "THE DRAW WITH AJAX..."
Saturday, 25 February 2006 15:58:52
APPIANO GENTILE - Part three of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference:

Mancini, now that two days have passed since the Ajax draw, can you comment on the game?
"First I want to say that it's not fair to say we played badly in the first half in Amsterdam just because Cesar was on the pitch and not in perfect condition. I made a mistaken assessment of a player who had done well during the week's training. But the match started badly and Ajax gained confidence after the first goal and attacked our half of the pitch. At that stage Cesar might have had a few problems. But it was the whole team that made too soft a start to the match. Then we conceded the first goal and couldn't get going again. We made a change in the second half, but a single substitution can't change a game that much. In the second half the team understood it had done too little in the first part of the match, and they were more determined when they came back on the pitch."

Do you agree with the many people who say that David Pizarro's introduction at the start of the second half changed the match?
"I also said this."

So how come Pizarro hasn't played as much as he should have? And why has he been a bit abandoned?
"I have never abandoned Pizarro. He didn't play when Veron was missing for the Juventus game, and he didn't play in the first half in Amsterdam. When you join a big club you always need time to settle in because there can be problems. And maybe the team is doing well and the latest arrival has more problems winning a place, or momentarily has to accept what happens. In these cases you have to take advantage of your chances, just like Pizarro did on Wednesday. Sometimes a match or a half played well can change any kind of situation. In these months Pizarro has suffered like every player who plays less, but he has always trained hard, he has never been polemical and he has always supported his team-mates. I'm very happy that he came on and played very well on Wednesday evening because he's a great player and he deserved an evening like that. But these things don't just happen at Inter, they also happen at other teams. In any case, I repeat: Pizarro has never been abandoned."

So could the Amsterdam match be a turning point for Pizarro?
"It could be. Will he play from the first minute tomorrow? It's possible."

On another couple of occasions you have said that Inter lacked the right determination at the start of a match.
"On the other occasions this may have happened because of too much tension or pressure in matches that perhaps were important for the championship. I think that on Wednesday they probably thought it would be an easy match, but it absolutely wasn't. When a big club like Inter faces a young team like Ajax, your opponents can create problems for you if they gain confidence and glimpse a chance of doing well. Ajax are an attacking team and have some boys with excellent technical qualities. The problem on Wednesday was how to manage the match against such a young Ajax."

It has been reported that you had a few problems with Marco Materazzi at the end of the game.
"We can all make mistakes in life. Things can go wrong in every working environment, just like they can in every family. Sometimes you raise your voice or argue about stupid things or important things, but usually these things remain within the environment where they happen. I'm not used to talking about what happens in the dressing room, and I never have. I'm disappointed that this rumour has emerged. There may have been a confrontation between me and Marco, but this concerns just me, Materazzi and the team."

inter.it

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Yayyyy ! Recoba is called up . . I wanna see him play . Its been a long time.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Carson35 said:
Inter suffered the indignity of seeing rivals Milan leapfrog them after last weekend's stalemate with Livorno, and will be desperate to return to winning ways against an Udinese side in turmoil at the San Siro.
Yeah FORZA INTER!!!!!!! :boxing: :fero: :frustrat: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
my usual battle cry -

COMMMMEEEEE OOOONNNNNNNNN :fero:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts