Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CUP: INTER V ATALANTA AT 17:30 ON 16 FEB
Wednesday, 02 February 2005 14:16:09
MILAN - The Lega Calcio has announced that the Coppa Italia TIM quarter-final return leg between Inter and Atalanta at the Giuseppe Meazza will kick off at 17:30 on Wednesday 16 February.

inter.it

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
We should win this match comfortably with our 1-0 away win. Lets just win the match with a decent margin to prove a point. The Coppa should be a realistic target for us as we're almost out of the Scudetto race, and a Coppa wouldn't hurt at all.

FORZA INTER!

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Next game: Wednesday 16th February 2005

F.C. INTERNAZIONALE vs. ATALANTA

vs.

@

Stadio San Siro

Ref: Nicola Rizzoli

Last Fixture in Coppa

Thursday 27th January 2005: Atalanta 0 - 1 Inter (Martins '72)

Previous meetings at the San Siro in the Coppa Italia against Atalanta

Nov 8 1967 4-1
(24' TIBERI, 56' SANTARINI, 60' DOMENGHINI, 69' RIG. CORSO, 81' D'AMATO)
Sep 22 1968 1-1
(85' VASTOLA, 87' TIBERI)
Sep 6 1970 1-2
50' MAZZOLA, 59' VALLONGO, 66' BOSDAVES
Dec 12 1973 2-0
62' MAZZOLA I, 81' MARIANI G.)
Aug 28 1977 3-1
(12' PIRCHER, 49' ALTOBELLI, 75' FEDELE, 87' ANASTASI)

P5 W3 D1 L1 F11 A5

Previous meetings this season

22 September 2004: Atalanta 2 - 3 Inter ( 54' Stankovic, 80' Recoba, 87' Adriano)
2 February 2005: Inter 1 - 0 Atalanta (33' Martins)

Last Five games

Inter: DWWDW
Atalanta: LLLWL

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RIZZOLI TO REF INTER V ATALANTA
Monday, 14 February 2005 15:06:41
MILAN - Wednesday's Coppa Italia TIM quarter-final second leg between Inter and Atalanta at the Giuseppe Meazza will be refereed by Nicola Rizzola (Bologna section).

Rizzoli, who was fourth official for Saturday's league match at home to Roma , will be assisted by Saglietti and Milardi (linesmen), and by Brighi (fourth official).

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4,000 KIDS TO WATCH CUP CLASH FOR FREE
Monday, 14 February 2005 22:19:52
MILAN - Four thousand Inter Football School and Inter Campus Italia children under the age of fourteen will watch Wednesday's Coppa Italia quarter-final return leg at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium free of charge as part of the 'Ragazzi che stadio' initiative.

Tickets for Inter v Atalanta are available at the Giuseppe Meazza ticket offices before kick-off.

Ticket prices:

1st tier: Tribune of Honour West 42 euros; Poltroncine 28 euros; Tribune of Honour East 18 euros; West 28 euros; East 14 euros; South and North 10 euros

2nd tier: 5 euros

3rd tier: closed

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MANCINI: "CONCENTRATED ON THE CUP"
Tuesday, 15 February 2005 15:31:48
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini answered questions from the press at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre today ahead of Wednesday's Coppa Italia quarter-final return leg at home to Atalanta:

Nicolas Burdisso played on the left against Roma . Is this something you are thinking about repeating in the match against Atalanta?
"It's a possible solution. If Burdisso is capable of playing in that role we'd have more alternatives."

Does the fact that everyone has been called up for tomorrow morning's training session mean you want to keep everyone's concentration high?
"We just have to decide which eighteen players will be called up, and in any case, you must never underestimate anything. Atalanta have a lot of young players, but they are the same youngsters who went to Turin and drew 3-3 with Juventus."

It was a nice victory against Roma . Do you still believe you're in with a chance of winning the Scudetto?
"You must still believe we can win the Scudetto because there a lot of matches left and the Champions League resumes now. There are a lot of difficult matches and anything can happen. We're playing catch-up in the league table so we don't have as many chances of making mistakes as Juventus and Milan, who can afford to make a few false steps."

In the match against Roma , were you angrier about the toss-up between Adriano and Mihajlovic for the free kick, or the fact that Adriano and Martins didn't look for each other much on the pitch?
"Neither of these two things made me angry. Adriano was back after a while out and it was obvious he wasn't at his best, even though I thought he did well. Martins had problems with his back last week and this affected him a bit. But he's always dangerous when he plays."

Juventus and Milan polemics have been on the front pages of newspapers this season, while everything at Inter is very calm. But hasn't been like this in recent years. What do you think about this?
"I wasn't here in recent years so I can't say. Let's hope the others continue like this... Jokes aside, I'll say I'm optimistic because Inter are doing well. Unfortunately we dropped points at the start and now we're chasing the others. But seeing the team doing well and in-form makes me calm. Before talking about certain things we should wait for the big clashes, which will be decisive."

===========

MANCINI: "I'LL NAME MY TEAM TOMORROW"
Tuesday, 15 February 2005 15:41:25
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (2):

Can we take it for granted that you will field a team of 'reserves' tomorrow?
"We have called up everyone for tomorrow morning to assess the condition of those who have played more. There could be six or seven changes in the team compared with Saturday. But they're not 'reserves'; it's a team that would be capable of fighting for one of the top four positions in the league table."

Would it be better to play Adriano or rest him?
" Adriano will either play or go on the bench tomorrow. He's training well and just needs to find his top physical condition by playing."

Does the same go for Kily González?
"Yes. He has also been training well for many weeks. He needs to play to get back his match fitness."

===============

MANCINI: "WE ALSO GET FOULED"
Tuesday, 15 February 2005 16:16:13
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (3):

Could we see Alvaro Recoba and Giorgos Karagounis back in action against Atalanta?
" Recoba is well. If nothing happens between tonight and tomorrow morning, he should play. He has had problems with his back over the last few weeks. Karagounis will probably play as well."

Last week you said Obafemi Martins had back problems. But today he has gone to Barcelona for the ('Football for Hope' tsunami aid) charity match...
"Yes, he had a few small problems last week. But in Barcelona he'll play a match that is important for him to play. He'll go there and play five minutes at the most."

Is there the same environment at Inter now as the one at Lazio when you came back from behind to win the Scudetto?
"We only had one team in front of us then, but there were fewer matches to go until the end of the season. Perhaps we have a chance because there are still many rounds to go. The spirit at this Inter is good and the boys believe. This spirit will improve if the gap is reduced after our next few matches."

Your season depends on what happens over the next week. What do you think?
"We have some very important matches to play now, the Champions League included. It will certainly be a fundamental week."

Don't you think Trefoloni tolerated too many Inter fouls against Roma ?
"I don't agree with this assumption. In football the great players are always fouled more. Totti and Cassano see more of the ball because they are two world-class players, but I don't think they were fouled too much on Saturday. This is the destiny of great players - just think about what happened to Maradona. Our fouls weren't any worse than others in other matches, but in any case Trefoloni showed us yellow cards. But our strikers also suffered a few fouls, and it's the referee who decides how to act. I don't think he was affected by me."

Is it important to change formation as little as possible at the moment?
"It's impossible to have the same eleven players for three weeks in a row. We have some very good solutions and we will definitely change a bit. I didn't know the players at the start and we changed a bit to understand what was the best thing to do. But there's nothing strange about this."

Are you already in a Champions League mood?
"At the moment we're just thinking about Atalanta and getting through the round. But in any case, we're just taking it one match at a time."

What do you think about Porto. Do you think they can be compared with Real Madrid and Manchester United?
"Porto changed coach recently and and have bought some new players who can take part in the Champions League. They have a big squad with some good players. We'll have difficulties, but I don't see any big differences between one Champions League round of sixteen match and another."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mancio calls Adriano for Coppa Tuesday 15 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have a head start in the Coppa Italia quarter-finals, but Roberto Mancini doesn’t trust Atalanta and will call on striker Adriano.

“Adriano is training well and needs to find his match fitness by playing regularly,” noted the Inter boss ahead of tomorrow’s match. “He’ll either start or be on the bench for this game and the same goes for Kily Gonzalez.”

The Nerazzurri could certainly afford to rest their entire first choice squad against Atalanta, having already won the first leg of this quarter-final 1-0 in Bergamo thanks to a goal from Obafemi Martins.

“I am not going to underestimate the potential for an upset,” warned Mancio. “Atalanta have some very promising players and already held Juventus to a 3-3 draw in Turin to eliminate them in the last round.”

Inter have not won the Coppa Italia since 1982, while it can be considered a secondary objective ahead of a trio of top drawer clashes against Udinese, Porto and Milan.

“It is possible we’ll make six or seven changes from the line-up that beat Roma on Sunday, as Alvaro Recoba and Giorgios Karagounis will probably start after recovering from their fitness worries. This certainly won’t be a second string side, as it’s still a group of players worthy of a top four finish in Serie A.”

To conclude the Press conference, Mancini responded to Roma’s claims that their stars were singled out for harsh treatment during their 2-0 defeat at the San Siro.

“Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano are world class players who like to hold on to the ball, so it’s inevitable they will be tackled more than the others,” said the former Sampdoria and Lazio legend.

“It is the nature of football and always has been, so just remember what Diego Armando Maradona had to put up with. My players made some tough tackles and were booked for them, just as my strikers were brought down on more than one occasion.”

channel4

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
INTER: 15 Carini, 3 Burdisso, 5 Emre, 7 van der Meyde, 8 Davids, 9 Cruz, 13 Zé Maria , 20 Recoba, 23 Materazzi, 24 Gamarra, 25 Stankovic
Subs: 1 Toldo, 4 J. Zanetti , 6 C.Zanetti, 10 Adriano, 11 Mihajlovic, 18 Kily González, 21 Karagounis
Coach: Roberto Mancini

ATALANTA: 27 Calderoni, 7 Marcolini, 9 Sinigaglia, 13 Innocenti, 16 Rivalta, 18 Montolivo, 22 Mingazzini, 23 Capelli, 24 Sala, 35 Pereira Da Silva Adriano, 77 Pagano
Subs: 28 Caglioni, 6 Bellini, 8 Bernardini, 20 Makinwa, 21 Lazzari, 26 Motta, 33 Stendardo
Coach: Delio Rossi

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Bologna)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Our defense has ZeMaria, Materazzi, Gamarra, and Burdisso

for those who are watching, is Burdisso playing Left Back?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
29' From the left wing Burdisso crosses over to the far side. Adriano heads out for an Inter corner.
lol, are we playing with 12 men ?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
EL CHINNNNOoo!!!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Tanel said:
BUrdisso is on left as you can see on sub-d post ;) anyway, i go away now! ciao!
i hope he plays there better than Fav :D

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
"Recoba cuts out an Atalanta attacking move then runs for forty yards before playing to Cruz. The Argentine runs into the box and passes back to El Chino, who slots into an open goal."

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
2-0 :D

i smell Messina-game

·
Registered
45,660 Posts
Ha! Recoba scored! There I was waxing lyrical about his goals in another thread and it looks like he wants to add another gem to the list! :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts