Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PELLEGRINO TO REF INTER V JUVE
Monday, 09 February 2004 14:23:07
MILAN - Thursday evening's Tim Cup semi-final return leg between Inter and Juventus will be refereed by Emilio Pellegrino from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto, Sicily. Pierluigi Collina will take charge of the other semi-final match between Lazio and AC Milan, to be played on Wednesday.

Pellegrino, who will be assisted by linesmen Mitro and Farneti, and by fourth man Bergonzi, has refereed the Nerazzurri on four occasions:

12 April 2000: Lazio 2-1 Inter (Coppa Italia)
6 November 2002: Empoli 3-4 Inter (Serie A )
1 December 2002: Inter 4-0 Brescia (Serie A )
8 marzo 2003: Bologna 1-2 Inter (Serie A )

inter.it

·
Registered
831 Posts
all i can say is i hope Emre and Stan start in the same line-up with stan playing behind two forwards be it Recoba-Adriano or Vieri-Adriano

---------------Toldo-------------
-Cordoba-Adani-Cannavaro-
J.Zanetti--Farinos-Emre--Kily
-------------Stankovic----------
-------Adriano----Recoba-----

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRUZ: "WE WANT TO REACH BOTH CUP FINALS"
Tuesday, 10 February 2004 17:31:02
APPIANO GENTILE - After serving a one-match ban in the Tim Cup semi-final first leg against Juventus, Julio Ricardo Cruz is newly available for selection to Alberto Zaccheroni's squad for the return match in Milan.

"We know that it will be a very difficult match on Thursday evening because of the way Juventus lost against Roma in the championship and because both teams really want to get into the Tim Cup final," said the Argentine forward to Inter Channel.

"We played a nice game in the first leg and the draw was a bit hard on us. We'll have to give everything on Thursday, we have a very good chance of getting into the final."

How important is it for you to reach the Tim Cup final?
"It's very important. And we also want to reach the Uefa Cup final. It would be very important after an unlucky exit from the Champions League when we played very well in Kiev. Our primary objective now is the Tim Cup final because in order of time that's what comes first."

Juventus have let in five goals in two games against Inter. Do you think they will change their approach to this game against us?
"They'll certainly be more careful. In any case they have a significant defence, but we have a very important attack. The Inter centre-forwards are doing very well. If we've scored a lot of goals against Juventus then the merit is ours, it's not the demerit of the Bianconeri defence. We're doing well now. And I think we will make it on Thursday - with the right attitude, the strength of the squad and our great character."

=============

FONTANA: "WE'LL GIVE EVERYTHING TO WIN"
Tuesday, 10 February 2004 17:55:00
APPIANO GENTILE - Julio Cruz is back from suspension to face Juventus at the Giuseppe Meazza on Thursday, but Francesco Toldo will sit out the Tim Cup semi-final return leg after being sent off at the Delle Alpi last week. That means Alberto Fontana , who has fully recovered from an eye injury, will start between the posts. 'Jimmy' spoke to Inter Channel about the second 'derby d'Italia' in the space of nine days.

Fontana , you missed the first leg. What happened?
"I was hit in the face by a ball in training. To be more precise, it hit me in the eye. The doctor preferred to rest me because I had a bruise near my retina. It was better not to take risks."

Inter v Juventus is always a big match. And a final is at stake on Thursday...
"The Tim Cup final is a very important goal for both clubs. It certainly won't be an easy match, but we'll give everything to win. Against teams of Juventus' value you must never be let up, otherwise you risk letting in a goal at any time. We know a 0-0 or 1-1 draw would be enough, but we must play to win."

Juventus might field Miccoli and Trezeguet in attack. What do you think about this strike partnership?
"It's a good mix. They are players with different characteristics but they compensate for each other. I rate Miccoli highly, I think he's very strong."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
INTER V JUVENTUS: 20 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
Wednesday, 11 February 2004 19:21:45
APPIANO GENTILE - Nerazzurri head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has called up 20 players for Thursday evening's Tim Cup return leg semi-final match home to Juventus:

Goalkeepers : Alex Cordaz (71), Alberto Fontana (12)

Defenders : Daniele Adani (15), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Thomas Helveg (13)

Midfielders:: Emre Belozoglu (5), Javier Farinos (14), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Georgios Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Okan Buruk (22), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Dejan Stankovic (11), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: : Adriano (10), Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Alvaro Recoba (20), Andy van der Meyde (7), Christian Vieri (32)

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coppa Italia Preview: Inter-Juve
Inter - Juventus | Latest News | Match Preview | News Archive

02/11/2004. BACKGROUND:

Inter and Juve will be competing for a Coppa Italia final place on Thursday night at the 'Giuseppe Meazza' stadium of Milan in the second leg semi final of the TIM Cup.

The first leg in Turin ended in an exciting 2-2 match which gives the nerazzurri an advantage over their bianconeri rivals. In fact, the Old Lady needs a win or at least draw with a 3-3 or higher scoreline to qualify. Another 2-2 draw would send both teams to extra time and eventually to a penalty shoot-out.

Inter see the Coppa Italia as an important objective especially since they Scudetto aspirations are more or less vanished and they are out of the Champions League. Zaccheroni will therefore field the deadly duo Vieri-Adriano up-front in an attempt to open up Juve's defence which lately has been incredibly bad.

The Coppa Italia was just the third objective for Lippi's troops at the start of the season, but the latest debacle against Roma in Serie A might have pushed the importance of such a trophy for the bianconeri. The Tuscan coach is in fact expected to field first team players to improve his side's chances of qualifying to the next round.

TEAM NEWS:

Inter - Zaccheroni will be without Coco, Almeyda, Brechet and Gamarra, all injured, while Toldo, Materazzi and Kallon are still banned. Therefore, Inter's defence will have to be made of the same three men that played on Sunday against Sampdoria. Adriano and Vieri should play for the first time together from the first minute, which in theory they should be able to outclass Juve's ageing defence.

Juventus - Lippi must do without Birindelli and Iuliano who are still injured, however the rest of the team should be made of first team players to try and get a morale boosting win for the bianconeri.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Inter (3-4-3): Fontana; Cordoba, Adani, Cannavaro; Helveg, Farinos, Stankovic, J. Zanetti; Recoba, Vieri, Adriano

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Conte; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Vieri (Inter) - His return from injury was marked with two goals against Sampdoria. Will he be able to repeat his performance?

Del Piero (Juve) - After missing out last Sunday's match against Roma, Del Piero will want to lead his team to the final, proving that this team needs him more than ever.
Glenn Debattista

soccerage

===============

Coppa Italia Prediction: Inter-Juventus
Inter - Juventus | Latest News | Our Prediction | News Archive

02/11/2004. With both teams needing a win for different reasons, this match should prove as exciting as the first leg with Juve trying to score and Inter hitting back on counter attacks. Match to end 1-1 and Inter qualify for the final.
Glenn Debattista

soccerage

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Mohaned, your line up is good indeed (just what I wanted). But I dont' think that Zach would use that for some reasons.

He said that Emre's not that fit and at the moment Stankovic is doing well for us !! Actually, I would love to see both Stankovic and Emre; but the problem is that we are Inter :D, unlike other big teams we got so many options. Vieri-Cruz-V.Meyde. Not to forget that Martins is not fit; otherwise against Juve's defence, he wud had been the perfect striker to start with.

I guess that Zach would play the trio of Vieri - Adriano supported by Recoba; which means that Emre will most probably be benched in favour of Stankovic.

Vieri did very well against Sampdoria. Was involved in many good plays. I mean he did what he can do and we can's expect much from him like dribbling past defenders, so on.

But again, I thinking that the best line up wud still be :

---------------Toldo-------------
-Cordoba-Adani-Cannavaro-
J.Zanetti--Farinos-Emre--Kily
-------------Stankovic----------
-------Adriano----Recoba-----

Juve's midfield is good.
Vieri-Adriano just played for about 35 minutes or so. Thus, I don't think that it's a good time to start them. Instead play both Stankovic, Emre. That would help us to gain control of the midfield. It's of no use to experiment two centre forwards in this big game !! nope.....

If Zach plays both Adriano and Vieri and suceeds, then it would be great BUT if we fail to qualify for the final, then .....

;)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
well..i think that who will have better meildfields tonight they will win the game..so i dont see that conte,nedved,camo and tachinardi could be better tonight than our guys vdm,recoba,farinos and JZ.
and we can beat them cause they are in delirium from Roma nightmare:D
let's go Inter

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
according to the ones called uo... Toldo is not there!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Great pass from Stankovic to Adriano was broke the offside trap beat Chimenti(with a lot of luck IMO) and put the ball into the empty net.

Juve have to score atleast two goals now.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
The linesman just saved Juve from a possible second goal. Vieri put Adriano through but he was wrongly flagged for a non-existant offside.

Juventus' defence is just pathetic!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Scrappy equalizer for Juve. Miccoli's shot got deflected which left Fontana stranded and Tudor was there to apply the finish.

Trezeguet in for Juve.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts