Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTER V STEAUA ON WED 9 FEB
Wednesday, 02 February 2005 13:25:31
MILAN - Roberto Mancini's Inter will play a midweek friendly match against Walter Zenga's Steaua Bucharest at the Stadio Sinigaglia in Como on Wednesday 9 February (kick-off at 14:30).

The former Nerazzurri keeper's side finished top of the Romanian league at the halfway point in the season and since 10 January have been training toward their Uefa Cup last thirty-two match against Valencia on 16 February. Steaua, who face a local team in Paestum, Naples province today, take on Austrian outfit Gak this Saturday before training in Milan ahead of the match against the Nerazzurri.

Thanks to the support of the Como province sports council, all children under the age of fourteen who attend schools or are members of sports clubs in the area will be able to watch the match at the Sinigaglia for free, as part of the 'Ragazzi che stadio' project which has already seen thousands of youngsters watch Inter in action at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium. Besides this new educational initiative, FC Internazionale has set prices of 5 and 10 euros for tickets in all sectors of the Como stadium for the friendly against the Romanians.

inter.it

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Another of these useless energy-wasting friendlies? :wallbang:

I hope Mancini throws the Youth team out there and give our youth players a chance to prove themselves. This way we could at least make use of this silly friendly in the middle of the season :sigh:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Razman you have a huge squad and this move is fostering support for Inter and increaasing Inters fan base. Play a good team with players who are rarely shown with a couple of regulars such as Javier Zanetti, I mean come on these are kids.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
We may have a large squad, but we have an important league game three days later, I don't see the point travelling to Bucharest to try and impress spectactors.

Pre-Season or the break I would understand

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Increase our fan base? :wth:

We're already in deep shit as far as our scudetto race is concerned, and you want us to focus on increasing our fan base? :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

·
Registered
60,988 Posts
You guys are such drama queens...

what's wrong with playing a practice match every now and then ?

Firstly, their coach is a certain great player of Inter in the name of Walter Zenga :proud: and most probably he was the one that requested playing this friendly in the first place.

Secondly, on Wednesday international friendlies will be taking place all over the world so we'll be missing nearly 13-15 international players anyway. So most of our starters won't play this Steaua game.

Thirdly, I agree with Zangari. Steaua is the biggest club in Romania and have great tradition. Playing them would help increase our popularity there.

Interista said:
We may have a large squad, but we have an important league game three days later, I don't see the point travelling to Bucharest to try and impress spectactors.
Errr, we won't be travelling anywhere. The game will be played in Como, which is pretty damn close to Milano as far as I know.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
You guys are such drama queens...

what's wrong with playing a practice match every now and then ?

Firstly, their coach is a certain great player of Inter in the name of Walter Zenga :proud: and most probably he was the one that requested playing this friendly in the first place.

Secondly, on Wednesday international friendlies will be taking place all over the world so we'll be missing nearly 13-15 international players anyway. So most of our starters won't play this Steaua game.

Thirdly, I agree with Zangari. Steaua is the biggest club in Romania and have great tradition. Playing them would help increase our popularity there.

Errr, we won't be travelling anywhere. The game will be played in Como, which is pretty damn close to Milano as far as I know.

We have what could turn out a very important game just 3 days.

·
Registered
60,988 Posts
Interista said:
We have what could turn out a very important game just 3 days.
Yeah so ?

Guys such as Mihajlovic, Burdisso, Ze Maria, Coco, Carini, Gamarra, Kily and Cruz barely get any playing time at all. So this is a good chance for them to get some playing minutes.

And our Primavera team just got knocked out of Viareggio, so Mancini can use some youngsters too.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Yeah so ?

Guys such as Mihajlovic, Burdisso, Ze Maria, Coco, Carini, Gamarra, Kily and Cruz barely get any playing time at all. So this is a good chance for them to get some playing minutes.

And our Primavera team just got knocked out of Viareggio, so Mancini can use some youngsters too.
Yeah if they play.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
There's no mention of the game or the lineups so far on inter.it, where did you get that from GICA?

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
What is the use of the image address when I can see it here. I want the homepage of the image.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
INTER 1 STEAUA 0 AFTER FIRST HALF
Wednesday, 09 February 2005 15:31:38

COMO - Inter lead Steaua Bucharest by a goal to nil after the first half of this afternoon's friendly match at the Stadio Sinigaglia in Como thanks to an Adriano strike on 43 minutes. The Brazilian's 20-yard effort from Kily González' assist flew into the the top corner.

INTER 1-0 STEAUA BUCHAREST

Scorer: Adriano 43

INTER: 1 Toldo, 2 Cordoba, 6 C.Zanetti, 7 van der Meyde, 8 Davids, 9 Cruz, 10 Adriano, 11 Mihajlovic, 13 Zé Maria , 16 Favalli, 18 Kily González
Subs: 12 Bindi, 3 Gamarra, 14 Martins, 15 Momentè, 17 Giani, 19 Visconti, 20 Marino, 21 Pilleri
Coach: Roberto Mancini

Referee: Andrea Romeo (Verona)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts