1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 20 - 8/2/04 (15.00)
Sampdoria - Inter

Stadio Marassi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter will be keen to impress again after their 4-0 win over Siena but Sampdoria will be no pushovers. The port club have been one of the revelations of the season and are set to make it tough for the Nerazzurri.

Samp grabbed a 0-0 draw at the San Siro earlier this term and will be keen to finally beat an Italian giant at home after Marassi defeats against Milan and Juventus. Walter Novellino¡¦s side grabbed a point at Lazio last week when Bazzani was again on target.

He¡¦s netted his side¡¦s last three goals which is of some relief as they are still without the injured Francesco Flachi. However, young Giacomo Cipriani has put his injury problems behind him and is now proving his worth.

Inter boss Zac is expected to keep faith with the men that beat Siena given the fact that both Christian Vieri and Obafemi Martins are still experiencing some fitness problems. Recoba will keep his place on the right after his stunning display.

New signings Adriano and Stankovic also impressed at the San Siro on Sunday. Even if Zac still has problems in central midfield as Cristiano Zanetti and Almeyda are still injured. Emre is banned. Materazzi, suspended until late March, and Coco are also unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria (probable): Antonioli; Zenoni, Conte, Falcone, Bettarini; Diana, Volpi, Donati, Doni; Cipriani, Bazzani

Inter (probable): Toldo; Cordoba, Adani, Cannavaro; J Zanetti, Stankovic, Farinos, Helveg; Kily Gonzalez; Recoba, Adriano

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH match. But Francesco Flachi is out which is in our favor. I expect a hard fought 1-0 win. Recoba will score from a free kick.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i predict adriano will score..he's been very hot.... :D

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Watching Recoba and Adriano against Juventus, it was like they are Inter's regular starters upfront. I was surprised at how well they played and understood each others games and their efforts were made all the more special by the fact that Adriano has not yet been at Inter for a week and Recoba has been injured for most of this season. Its good to see Zac playing Recoba up front rather than on the left wing as well as stating how much he appreciates Recoba's contribution.

I'm not sure if Vieri will be fit or not but I think Cruz and Martins will start against Sampdoria. Its going to be a tough match as Samp are by no means a push over. But if Inter continues with its present form, it should be enough to get the three points. As long as there is no return to the lack of direction and effort Inter displayed against Modena and Empoli, then I will be happy. Of course, winning is a must! ;)

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
PAPARESTA TO REF SAMP V INTER

Friday, 06 February 2004 13:33:32
MILAN - Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 20 match between Sampdoria and Inter will be refereed by Mr Gianluca Paparesta (Bari), who has already taken charge of two Nerazzurri matches this season: Siena 0-1 Inter and Inter 0-1 Empoli.

:eek: :groan:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adriano-Vieri duo ready for debut Saturday 7 February, 2004

Inter fans could witness the Christian Vieri and Adriano partnership in action against Sampdoria this Sunday.

The Italian international has been out of action for several weeks with a thigh problem, but is ready to make his return to the starting eleven.

Pundits feared it would be difficult for Vieri to break back into the side following the remarkably quick gelling of the rapport between new signing Adriano and the enigmatic Alvaro Recoba.

It is reported that Alberto Zaccheroni is now planning to push Recoba behind the front two of giant centre forwards in a modified trident attack.

It¡¦s a similar tactic to the one Zac used so successfully when winning the Scudetto with Milan in 1999, using Zvonimir Boban as a Trequartista.

However, there are serious injury worries at the back with the news that Carlos Alberto Gamarra is out for up to a month with a thigh strain.

Marco Materazzi has now officially confirmed he will not appeal against the ban keeping him sidelined until March 29, while Daniele Adani is not 100 per cent fit.

Meanwhile, Thomas Helveg is looking to the future with confidence following Inter¡¦s 2-2 draw with Juventus in the Coppa Italia.

¡§We had a few problems,¡¨ noted the Dane, ¡§but are back on the right track and now everyone feels good again both physically and psychologically.¡¨

¡§Adriano and Vieri play together perfectly well during training sessions and I see no reason why they shouldn¡¦t do that on match day. The Brazilian is scoring for fun in Serie A and is starting to earn some precious experience.¡¨

channel4

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i think we should start the attacking pair that has been tried and tested in the last two matches

Adriano-Recoba

But Samp can do us some damage

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Jimmy, good preview but

Their current form has been averaged though, with only 8 points from the last 6 games.
Well, this is not properly correct. The point is that in the last 6 matches we met Roma, Juventus and Lazio, while in the 6 previous matches we had much easier opponents.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TWENTY PLAYERS CALLED UP FOR GENOA TRIP
Saturday, 07 February 2004 19:10:09
APPIANO GENTILE - Inter head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has named a 20-man squad for Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 20 match away to Sampdoria:

Goalkeepers: Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2)

Midfielders: Emre Belozoglu (5), Francisco Farinos (14), Thomas Helveg (13), Georgios Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Okan Buruk (22), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Dejan Stankovic (11), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Adriano (10), Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Alvaro Recoba (20), Andy van der Meyde (7), Christian Vieri (32)

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zac unveils new trident attack Sunday 8 February, 2004

Alberto Zaccheroni has hinted that today's clash with Sampdoria will see Alvaro Recoba, Christian Vieri and Adriano together.

¡§All I can do is try to put together a team that is tough and balanced,¡¨ commented the Inter boss, ¡§with added character and the determination to never give in.¡¨

Vieri is back in the squad three weeks after suffering a thigh strain, but the stunning form of Recoba and new signing Adriano force a tactical rethink for the Coach.

It seems as if Zaccheroni will emulate the Scudetto-winning Milan system with Recoba playing behind the front two rather than as part of a more traditional trident.

¡§We are recovering some of our players at last. Cristiano Zanetti has been in full training for a fortnight, but lacks match fitness. Our only problem is that three of the six men still out of action are defenders.¡¨

Marco Materazzi is suspended until March 29 for punching Siena¡¦s Bruno Cirillo, while Carlos Alberto Gamarra, Jeremie Brechet and Francesco Coco are sidelined.

¡§Dejan Stankovic is still trying to regain full fitness,¡¨ added Zac, ¡§but he needs time to become used to this new system and he will eventually perform those darting runs that are his trademark.¡¨

Inter have not won an away game in Serie A since mid-December and must beat Sampdoria to maintain any hope of a Scudetto challenge.

¡§I think we are capable of getting just as many points as the top three,¡¨ insisted the former Milan and Lazio Coach, ¡§and I really doubt that the others will maintain this pace until May. Everything is still possible.¡¨

Samp have struggled against the big teams so far this season, but have an Italian international on fine form in Fabio Bazzani.

¡§Sampdoria are like Udinese in my view, a team that has character and remains solid for the entire 90 minutes. They have great forwards and an excellent midfield. It certainly won¡¦t be an easy task.¡¨

Finally, Zaccheroni was asked about the reports that Inter are aiming to bring Ronaldo back to the San Siro.

¡§We talked about the transfer market for the last five months and it is now closed,¡¨ he noted. ¡§In any case, right now I would prefer to sign a new defender instead.¡¨

channel4

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Halftime comments...

It appears that commentators and studio television hosts are disappointed that Adriano was left out of the lineup and that Vieri was included.

Inter are dictating play and playing very good possession football.

Captain Zanetti is playing on the left and has hardly been as a effective.

Helveg is useless and it is down his side that Sampdoria are running their attacks.

Up front, Cruz seems a little disinterested. Understanding between the front three seems a little mixed up at times as each player is vying for his own space on the field. As a result the effect of some of our attacks has not been very flowing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
fuc*k 2:2 i cant understand were is the truth where is the phuckin truth there was no penalty u jerk paparesta u son of a bitch cipriani .DAM **** paparesta and ciprianiu and the wholl squad of piece of shit called sampdoria:fero: :fero:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Stop whining - the draw was a fair result. The penalty was dubious but your second goal was from clear offside position. Very interesting game, Vieri seem to be regaining his form but Cannavaro was guilty for both goals for Samp.

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
F.Zakaryan no9 said:
fuc*k 2:2 i cant understand were is the truth where is the phuckin truth there was no penalty u jerk paparesta u son of a bitch cipriani .DAM **** paparesta and ciprianiu and the wholl squad of piece of shit called sampdoria:fero: :fero:
Hey, Der Zakarian, watch the clear offside of Adriano on the second goal by Vieri before screaming against the referee.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Inter payed a very good game IMO. Samp are no pushovers especially when playing at the Luigi Ferraris. Vieri had a great game and same goes for Chino.

As Senna01 mentioned, Thomas Helveg was useless. Hell Zac, put JZ on the right and play Pasquale or even Kily ! Dunno why we have to witness Mr. Helveg starting all the time ! He should be a backup player. Not more.

WTF was Cannavaro doing in BOTH goals ?! Simply he cost us the game with 2 school boy errors. Look at Adani, he man marked Bazzani really well. But Fabio ? He sucked against some unknown player called Cipriani that replaced Flachi ! Imagine if Flachi was playing ! :rollani: Fabio Cannavaro should be sold. He has never played well for Inter. Give me 1 fukn great game he played. He plays without passion and he is no longer the great player he previously was.

As for the refereeing. Inter's 2nd goal and the spot kick are both debatable, but i wouldn't blame Paparesta at all. The first incident should be blamed ( If it was offside that is) on the assistant ref. The 2nd could be a dive and we know Paparesta is medicore when it comes to players diving ;)

Anyway, the team is improving and we're actually playing football like a TEAM, like a UNIT. That's more important than anything else, IMO.

FORZA INTER !!

·
Registered
213 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Hey, Der Zakarian, watch the clear offside of Adriano on the second goal by Vieri before screaming against the referee.
I like that der Zakarian call me just ARAMO and sorry for what i said i was really sad bcz i hate paparesta so it doesnt matter sorry anyway:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts