1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 17 - 18/1/04 (15.00)
Inter-Empoli

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter¡¦s Scudetto hopes were hit hard by the defeat at Parma, so a victory against relegation battlers Empoli is essential to prevent talk of a crisis.

The Nerazzurri slipped eight points adrift of leaders Roma following that 1-0 setback at the Tardini and they failed to score for the first time since Alberto Zaccheroni¡¦s debut on October 26. The midfield was reshuffled for that tie due to the continuing absence of the injured Cristiano Zanetti and suspended Matias Almeyda. Obafemi Martins should return to the starting eleven as part of a trident attack with Christian Vieri and Julio Cruz, moving Emre Belozoglu back into a deeper role.

If Inter¡¦s confidence was hit by that weekend result, then Empoli are more motivated than they have been all season. The 2-0 victory over fellow strugglers Ancona enabled them to push towards the possibility of safety and they have no injury worries going into this game. Antonio Di Natale, who was once linked with a move to the San Siro, is back on form with two goals in as many games, while Ighli Vannucchi was also on target in Sunday¡¦s match. With nothing to lose, Empoli could be a dangerous banana skin for Zac¡¦s men.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Toldo; Cordoba, Adani, Cannavaro; J Zanetti, Emre, Farinos, Pasquale; Martins, Vieri, Cruz

Empoli (probable): Bucci; Belleri, Cribari, Vargas, Lucchini; Grella, Ficini; Busce¡¦, Vannucchi, Di Natale; Rocchi

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
In the corresponding (Is this the correct word to use???) fixture to last season, Inter beat (Wth is past tense of 'beat'???) Empoli 3-0 (Or was it 3-1) in Batistuta's debut. Vieri helped himself to a hattrick. :star: Before that match, Inter was trounced 4-1 in the Renato Curi by Perugia. So, we came to this match after a defeat too. Is this a sign that Vieri will get his first hattrick this season??? :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CAF REDUCES ALMEYDA BAN
Thursday, 15 January 2004 16:48:06
MILAN - The Italian Federal Appeals Commission (CAF) has reduced Matias Almeyda 's suspension from three to two matches. The Argentine midfielder, sent off during the Nerazzurri's match away to Lazio in December, has already missed the first two Serie A matches of 2004 (against Lecce and Parma) and is therefore available for Sunday afternoon's game at home to Empoli.

============

ALMEYDA: "MY APOLOGY HELPED"
Thursday, 15 January 2004 17:15:30
MILAN - Matias Almeyda spoke to Inter.it following the CAF's decision to reduce his ban from three to two matches.

He said: "I'm pleased about what happened, it's proof that apologising when you know you have made a mistake is the right way to behave. And I'm pleased because I can immediately return to being at the coach's service for the championship."

inter.it :cool:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
pravesh said:
Lets hope that Milan, Juventus, Lazio, Roma lose points ! :D

no offense, but i think you guys should focus on the coppa, uefa cup and a 4th-place finish for next season's cl.

don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

·
Registered
57,627 Posts
Pippo_Inzaghi_9 said:
no offense, but i think you guys should focus on the coppa, uefa cup and a 4th-place finish for next season's cl.
I Agree, the Scudetto is between Roma and Juve now.

don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.
So arrogant and for what ? 4th and 3rd finishes in the last couple of years ?! U Won 1 friggin CL Coz Nedved wasn't there and now you are something special ? gimme a break. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Nerazzuri4life said:
I Agree, the Scudetto is between Roma and Juve now.
really, well we'll have to wait a couple more months to have a clearer picture ;)

Nerazzuri4life said:
So arrogant and for what ? 4th and 3rd finishes in the last couple of years ?! U Won 1 friggin CL Coz Nedved wasn't there and now you are something special ? gimme a break. :rolleyes:
why are you mentioning past seasons when we are speaking of the current one :confused: anyway, im not trying to be arrogant here, just want to give you a reailty check (inter are out of the scudetto).

·
Registered
45,465 Posts
Empoli in the last matches, even losing most of times, looked not so bad as their position should make us think and surely better than at the start of the season. In particular Di Natale seems in very good shape. More, they have no injuries and no bans.
Of course, if Inter play they way they know there should be no problems in getting an easy win, but if Inter play the way they did in Udine I would not be so surprised to see a win of Empoli.

·
Registered
57,627 Posts
Pippo_Inzaghi_9 said:
really, well we'll have to wait a couple more months to have a clearer picture ;)
What did I say wrong ? I said it's between Roma and Juve. Oh u mean Bilan winning it don't you ?? I doubt because you are inconsistent. On your day you can beat anyone, but if you are having a bad day, even Rutigliano can snatch points off you. ;)

why are you mentioning past seasons when we are speaking of the current one anyway, im not trying to be arrogant here, just want to give you a reailty check (inter are out of the scudetto).
DUUUUH.

Re-read your post.

don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Pippo_Inzaghi_9 said:

I don't agree with u, pippo_inzaghi

just tell me how many rounds played till now? it's not 32,or 33 or 34. there are just some rounds ahead and we play because we still have hope and we can win, whoever the opp is.

Don't think that the scudetto is just the thing of Juv or Yours, Milan. In fact you(MilanJuvEtc) are NEVER as excellent as what you think of youself.

tell me, where is your lake or rivers??

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Nerazzuri4life said:
DUUUUH.

Re-read your post.

:rolleyes:

i hope it makes more sense now:

don't go chasing waterfalls (scudettos), please stick to the rivers (uefa cups) and lakes (coppas) that you're used to.

as for milan winning the scudetto (or not) i'd prefer talking about this later. not now. ;)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Handoyo said:
In the corresponding (Is this the correct word to use???) fixture to last season, Inter beat (Wth is past tense of 'beat'???) Empoli 3-0 (Or was it 3-1) in Batistuta's debut. Vieri helped himself to a hattrick. :star: Before that match, Inter was trounced 4-1 in the Renato Curi by Perugia. So, we came to this match after a defeat too. Is this a sign that Vieri will get his first hattrick this season??? :D
I don't know about your reasoning ;), but your grammar is correct, including your tenses. :D

Inter should obviously win this one. However, I speak from experience when I say you should never underestimate the "small" teams. Overconfidence will shoot you down faster than Empoli ever could.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Joshua Lew said:
In fact you(MilanJuvEtc) are NEVER as excellent as what you think of youself.

really. then what does 'excellent' means? not winning trophies for ages?

we've got nothing to prove. just take a look at last season, and the two teams you've mentioned (milan and juve) won all possible trophies on offer bar the toyota cup.

ps you might want to have a good look at my avatar

·
Registered
678 Posts
Ok, that's fact. but that's only the last year's fact. You mean you can judge everything only upon the past facts?? Every team has his time and what are Milan doing when Inter won the scudetto and Champion cups in past time. You just reached the lakes or rivers we ever discovered. you are right when tell me what you got last year but absolutely WRONG when you think nobody else should think of that. The league is name Serie A, not M.J. *** or something else.

Yes, I love your avatar because when Maldini lifted the trophy I am just happy for the Nazurri hero but forget that someone eventually has the reason to brag times and times.

·
Registered
57,627 Posts
Pippo_Inzaghi_9 said:
i hope it makes more sense now:

don't go chasing waterfalls (scudettos), please stick to the rivers (uefa cups) and lakes (coppas) that you're used to.
Emm..Last time I checked Bilan had 16 Scudettos and Inter had 13. You're not THAT far ahead, at least Scudetto-wise ;)

And what lakes [Coppas] are you mentioning here ?? we only won 3 of em so how come we're USED to the Coppa Italia ? :rolleyes:

Joshua, don't mind Pipo here, he's a mere glory hunter.

really. then what does 'excellent' means? not winning trophies for ages?
Well, I told you before that this did happen to Bilan before so..:eek:
and are you saying Bilan were excellent in the CL last season ? :howler: :dazed: You won it but that doesn't mean you were EXCELLENT..Good maybe, or a bit above average.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Guys, why do you even bother arguing about these stuff with a Milanista again??? :rolleyes::rollani: To Milanisti: yeah, you have won 3 Scudetti more than us but do you forget the fact that you have existed 9 years more than us??? If we can't get 3 or more Scudetto in the next 9 years, than you can brag that you are a better team in the Serie A.
Ruffian said:
Inter should obviously win this one. However, I speak from experience when I say you should never underestimate the "small" teams. Overconfidence will shoot you down faster than Empoli ever could.
Ahhh, thanx for the advise. I knew you guys will be the perfect advisor for this game because Empoli beat you last season by Rocchi's goal, right??? :tongue: Jokes aside, last season we brushed through them in both games. I see no reason why we can't do it again.
Jimmy said:
The ever-optimistic Jimmy!!! :thumbsup:
:tongue::D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PAPARESTA TO REF INTER V EMPOLI
Friday, 16 January 2004 12:10:27
MILAN - Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 17 match at home to Empoli will be refereed by Gianluca Paparesta (Bari), who took charge of the Nerazzurri's win away to Siena earlier this season.

Paparesta will be assisted by linesmen Stagnoli (Inter v Ancona) and Lion, and by fourth man De Marco (Siena v Inter, Inter v Lecce).

inter.it

1 - 20 of 56 Posts