Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope this game gonna be televised in the US...let me check Gol TV and RAI first... :D

Forza INTER...

btw, this game will be played on saturday...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joshua Lew said:
can Adriano play?:rolleyes:
i guess not...

btw, RAI will show this game...but tape delay...not LIVE... :rolleyes:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adriano close to return Thursday 8 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma striker Adriano could return to first team action next week after recovering from a thigh strain.

The Brazilian has been out of action since November but whispers from the Tardini say he is just days away from a comeback.

It is understood that boss Cesare Prandelli will field the 20-year-old in the Coppa Italia game at Lazio on Wednesday 14 January.

Adriano was his club’s top scorer before injury struck at Brescia and his return will decrease the pressure on young Alberto Gilardino.

The Under-21 international has been forced to lead the line on his own given the Gialloblu’s lack of striking options.

channel4

---------------------------

i guess he's not gonna play this sat...

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
even parma is good,i think that we will winn this match.
this is a derby seria a:)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Joshua Lew, even I am not sure....

I have to go out, and don't know if I will be back at home or not..
I will try my best.....don't wanna miss this match.. :mad:

and thanx Italia for the link. I don't need it now, but will need it in the future. I had similar kinda link before, but don't know what's wrong that it doesn't work now ??

:)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ZAC NAMES 21-MAN SQUAD FOR PARMA MATCH
Friday, 09 January 2004 19:00:01
APPIANO GENTILE - Inter head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has called up 21 Nerazzurri for Saturday evening's Serie A Week 16 match away to Parma:

Goalkeepers: Alberto Fontana , Francesco Toldo

Defenders: : Daniele Adani , Jeremie Brechet , Fabio Cannavaro , Ivan Cordoba , Carlos Gamarra , Thomas Helveg , Giovanni Pasquale

Midfielders:: Emre Belozoglu, Francisco Farinos , Cristian Kily Gonzalez , Giorgos Karagounis , Sabri Lamouchi , Luciano , Okan Buruk, Andy van der Meyde , Javier Zanetti

Strikers: Julio Ricardo Cruz , Obafemi Martins , Christian Vieri

inter.it

==============

PARMA V INTER TO BE REFEREED BY BERTINI
Friday, 09 January 2004 12:17:35
MILAN - Tomorrow's Serie A Week 16 match between Parma and Inter will be refereed by Bertini (Arezzo) who took charge of Perugia v Inter last season.

The Tuscan official will be assisted by linesmen Griselli (Chievo-Inter) and Biasutti (Lazio-Inter), and by fourth man Castellani (Brescia-Inter).

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MARTINS: "ME AND THAT NIGHT IN PARMA"
Friday, 09 January 2004 19:29:40
APPIANO GENTILE - It was 22 December 2002, the last championship match before Christmas. Inter took on Parma at the Tardini without Hernan Crespo, Mohamed Kallon , Domenico Morfeo and Christian Vieri , and alongside Alvaro Recoba up front was Obafemi Martins , who at the age of 18 made his Serie A debut for the Nerazzurri.

"I will never forget that match in Parma," recalled Martins in an interview with Inter.it. "Above all because of the result. We played well and won. Then, at the end of the match, I found out that it was Inter's first victory away to Parma - another reason to be pleased."

He continued: "I got on well with Recoba immediately, playing fast, two-touch football. With tranquillity and without being afraid."

In that match Inter took the lead through Luigi Di Biagio, then Adrian Mutu equalised for the Gialloblu after the restart. Recoba scored the winner with a power penalty after Emre Belozoglu was brought down in the area. Martins added: "I remember well the affection my team-mates showed me, Recoba in particular, but all of them immediately made me feel part of the squad. I never felt alone on the pitch and I didn't even have the time to feel excited.

"No, I didn't make any plans after that match. I dreamt of playing for the first team, but I knew I was still part of the Primavera. Then what happened happened and now I'm happy to be able to return to Parma with the first team. I'll be even happier after tomorrow's match. After a victory."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ZACCHERONI: "A TRUE INTER AT PARMA"
Friday, 09 January 2004 14:03:41
APPIANO GENTILE - "We must propose ourselves as a team. All of us must run, win balls and provide team-mates with as many solutions as possible. Basically, we have to be the real Inter, the one we've shown we are and that we can and want to be. We have to be like this because we have high prospects, and I'm saying this without looking at the standings, just like I have asked the players not to do, and because we face a good team in Parma." Those were the most important comments from Alberto Zaccheroni at today's news conference held in the press room at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre.

Stay wired to Inter.it this afternoon for more remarks from the Inter head coach. In the meantime, the Nerazzurri will finalise their preparations for the Tardini clash with a training session at 15:00, then the squad will leave for Parma after dinner.

=============

ZACCHERONI: "I'M COUNTING ON EVERYBODY"
Friday, 09 January 2004 15:36:41
APPIANO GENTILE - Alberto Zaccheroni media conference (1):

Alberto Zaccheroni, will your team for tomorrow evening's match against Parma be more or less the same one that faced Lecce?
"I don't think I'll change much. The boys are all well. Only Recoba and van der Meyde have a few problems that are stopping them from being at their best. The doctors are doing everything they can to get them back in top condition, seeing as we're talking about two players I'm counting on a lot."

Is it more likely that Inter will face Parma with three strikers, or with two strikers and an extra midfielder?
"Each solution has its pros and cons. With an extra midfielder we'd reinforce the nerve centre of the pitch, but we'd be improvising with respect to the module we always use. I don't like improvising much. I'm taking into account the team's general condition. If they're all well and we're running, there's no need to remove a striker."

Is there a chance that Helveg will play on the wing tomorrow, with Javier Zanetti in a central midfield role?
"I consider Javier Zanetti better on the wing, though the solution you're proposing is possible. Let's say there's a twenty percent chance it might happen. More than individual solutions, I'm interested in working on attention on the pitch seeing as the few goals we've let in so far were down to us not paying attention."

It's a stormy time for Parma. It seems that there's only one result for you against them...
"Ancona were also expecting Parma to be in a storm and instead things went in a different way. I'm expecting the Parma that everybody knows, not the one that fell to three or four consecutive defeats. Their coach Cesare Prandelli has surely worked hard on the psychological aspect. We have to present ourselves with a true side which is convinced of being better technically. Getting used to this attitude will help us face any team in the future. We have to get it into our heads that we can do well against anybody."

==================

ZACCHERONI: "MASTERS OF OUR DESTINY"
Friday, 09 January 2004 16:08:39
APPIANO GENTILE - Alberto Zaccheroni media conference (2):

Zaccheroni, Bertini will referee Parma v Inter. There were some polemics the last time he refereed Inter against Perugia last season. As a fan, do you remember
"Quite honestly I didn't know the referee for tomorrow night was Bertini. But it doesn't interest me that much. I always think positive and believe the result of a match always depends on us. I think I showed this after the match against Lazio in Rome. I made absolutely no reference to the contact in the penalty area between Cruz and an opponent or to Almeyda ’s sending-off. In these cases when two players have been getting at each other for a while the referee should always try and calm down the situation and separate them before taking disciplinary action. But I'm convinced that if Inter do what they have to on the pitch, then refereeing decisions cannot affect us. I repeat, I always think positive. You’ve named Bertini? I’m thinking about Inter's performance.”

Christian Vieri and Francesco Toldo returned to speaking at press conferences in the week. Are you pleased about this? Is this the merit of the good atmosphere at Inter that you spoke to us about on Monday?
"I'm pleased they spoke with the journalists. And I want to point out that it wasn’t my suggestion, even though I’m convinced that champions must communicate. For a simple reason. They say that Inter have seven million fans, I think there are many more. When I'm on the move, loads of people stop me and ask me how things are going. The fans must always be able to know what's happening to the champions they love. This is an example of why I'm against press silences."

Have you met Callisto Tanzi? Were you expecting him to be involved in such a situation?
"I've met Tanzi and what has happened has left me speechless. I'm very sorry for him and all those that have suffered significant damage. I think it's a difficult situation to put right.”

Which is the best Inter performance of your management?
"I saw the best Inter in two occasions: against Dynamo in Kiev and against Juventus in Turin. In these situations we played like a true team and we were in the match for the whole game. I've already said on several occasions that we didn't get the result in Kiev, but the performance was of a high level. Our objective is to continue to turn in positive performances."

================

ZACCHERONI: "THERE'S NO NEED TO HIDE"
Friday, 09 January 2004 16:34:04
APPIANO GENTILE - Alberto Zaccheroni news conference (3):

Zaccheroni, let's talk about Okan and Karagounis . Is it true the Turk is willing to leave, while the Greek would prefer to stay at Inter?
"I've spoken with the two players, which is what I do with everyone. I like things to be clear between players and coach. You're saying to me that Okan is willing to leave, but as far as I know both players want to stay with us. They get on very well here, and I'm pleased about this. I explained to them that it's difficult to experiment because I wasn't here for the pre-season. I have been clear with them and they have been clear with me."

You had words of praise for Farinos after the match against Lecce...
"I really like players with Farinos ' characteristics. He's one of those players that are capable of assuming responsibilities when in difficulty, including boos from the fans. He's the kind of player that doesn't hide and always puts himself at the service of his team-mates. Against Lecce Farinos played a lot of balls and he was all over the pitch, both when we were in possession of the ball and when we were defending. It's clear that when you run a lot you lose in terms of lucidity and get passes wrong. But this doesn't affect my judgement.

How is Kallon 's morale after yesterday's eight-month ban?
"He's certainly not pleased. When he was available he always wanted to come on to the pitch. Let's all hope that it is recognised as involuntary, which is what happened. For this reason we're hoping for a reduced suspension or an annulment of the sentence."

inter.it

1 - 20 of 93 Posts