·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy new year, everybody... :happy:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I hope this little break they recieve will recharge there batteries and they can make it 2 wins in a row!.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Yea.. I'm hoping that this break will result in consecutive wins up to the last matchday :stuckup:

We should be able to beat Livorno at least.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is one of games that we must win,and i think it wil not be a problem!
Over the Xmas I wil pray the God that Mancini put Obafemi on the pitch and Vieri and Recoba on the bench!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ONE-MATCH SUSPENSION FOR CORDOBA
Wednesday, 22 December 2004 11:21:18
MILAN - Already on a caution before being booked in the second half of Sunday's match against Brescia , Ivan Ramiro Cordoba has been disqualified for one league match by the Lega Calcio disciplinary commission. The Colombian defender will therefore miss Inter's Serie A Week 17 match away to Livorno on 6 January.

inter.it

·
Registered
64,413 Posts
Always Inter said:
Their only real danger is Lucarelli!

Fabio :)
And Igor Protti too deserves a mention.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Serie A Week 17 - 6/1/04 (15.00)
Livorno - Inter

Stadio Picchi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter boss Roberto Mancini still believes that his side are in the Scudetto race despite the 15 point gap between themselves and Juventus. If he is to be proved right then the Nerazzurri will have to start winning games after drawing an incredible 12 out of 16 so far this term.

The San Siro giants, who are the only unbeaten side in Serie A, will start this match as massive favourites but that will count for nothing. Although they have the deadliest strike force in the Division after netting 33 goals so far, Mancio’s men look weak at the back after conceding 24.

Livorno will hope to take advantage of the Nerazzurri’s defensive frailties, mainly with the threat of Cristiano Lucarelli. The former Torino and Lecce ace has been a revelation this season after scoring nine times so far. He should be partnered in attack by veteran Igor Protti.

Inter go into this match after collecting a narrow 1-0 win over Brescia before Christmas. While Livorno, who are only four points behind the giants, drew 1-1 at relegation threatened Siena in Week 16. Kily Gonzalez, Gamarra, Veron, Pasquale, Emre and Mihajlovic are all doubts for an Inter side who are without the suspended Cordoba.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Livorno (probable): Amelia; Melara, Galante, Vargas, A. Lucarelli; Pfertzel, Vidigal, Passoni, Doga; C. Lucarelli, Protti

Inter (probable): Toldo; J. Zanetti, Burdisso, Materazzi, Favalli; Van Der Meyde, C. Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Vieri, Adriano

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Hopefullyl we will win and stay undefeated.

I noticed burdisso in the starting lineup, how long has he been starting, and how well is he doing? Why is Cordoba not starting? Why is C. Zanetti starting, because no Veron?

Thanks for answering my q's

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I say Inter Partner Cambiasso with Davids in the midfield, but i know mancini wont ha:).

I hope Inter can collect the 3 points and that Juventus Draw,Com'on Inter 15 Points isnt that much:(..

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
No matches in Serie A are easy, especially when Inter make defensive errors and fail to kill off matches. Perhaps the new year will bring us better fortune and organisation. We can only hope that Mancini has been working with the team to sort out the problems we had prior to christmas.

FORZA INTER!

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Inter01 said:
No matches in Serie A are easy, especially when Inter make defensive errors and fail to kill off matches. Perhaps the new year will bring us better fortune and organisation. We can only hope that Mancini has been working with the team to sort out the problems we had prior to christmas.

FORZA INTER!
The organisation is fine, I would rather see this Inter than the one of a couple of season's again. If you tamper with the system Inter will lose there attacking instinct, last thing we need is to be playing 2 dmc again oh how those were the days :frownani:. The rest of the team just need to help the defence out here and there.

·
Registered
64,413 Posts
Beraht said:
I noticed burdisso in the starting lineup, how long has he been starting, and how well is he doing? Why is Cordoba not starting? Why is C. Zanetti starting, because no Veron?
Burdisso has been warming the bench for a while now, but he got to play in the second half against Brescia when Pasquale got injured and couldn't carry on. Burdisso played as a left-back that day and was quite solid.

Cordoba is suspended so he'll miss the game in Livorno.

CZ is starting because Mancio is the boss and he says so. :D

According to gazzetta.it, Veron is out. So he's not fit yet to play it seems.

FORZA INTER !!!! :fero:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Good decision. I think Burdisso can do very well for us. I also think CZ will be solid for us and I hope to see Cambiasso in the middle alongside him, with a more advanced role. Hopefully Kily can make it but if not, then Stankovic on the left and VDM on the right. VDM was in very good form in the last friendly of the season. I want Adriano and Vieri to start up front, but if not, then Adriano and Martins. At the back JZ for RB and Favalli for LB and I want to see Miha alongside Burdisso even tho the last time that happened we all know what the end result was.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well I agree with you I guess. Vieri can be very effective as a late substitute, or 2nd half substitute, but its Martins lack of finishing ability that worries me, even against lesser teams.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
How else is he going to get better? He needs games and I am totally against letting him leave Inter to do that even on loan. I think he is our 2nd leading goalscorer after the emperor anyway.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You are simply wrong. He had his chances. He started his games. ANd he scored some nice goals, but also had some bad performances where he blew many finishing chances. I think that if you look at it, Adriano is our man for goals. He will score all our goals. What we need to do is partner him up NOT with someone who will score more goals but at less needed times but someone who WILL score less goals but key ones when it is needed. Vieri has done that for us time and time again the first part of the season, saving us ties and starting rallies. He scores at key moments. Now, the debate is whether he should start OR whether Martins should start and have Vieri come in later to clean up his missed opportunities and score late to TIE the game. Or we could start Vieri from the start and win games. And stats mean nothing, b/c Vieri only recovered form injury in the latter part of the season.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts