Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the first game of the second half season..we should win this game...

forza INTER!!! and happy new year... :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
happy new year, joshua... ;):star::D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Serie A Week 15 - 6/1/04 (15.00)
Inter-Lecce

Stadio San Siro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have suffered their first Serie A defeat under Alberto Zaccheroni and will be eager for a show of force against struggling Lecce.

The Nerazzurri had gone for seven League games unbeaten, six of which were wins, before their controversial 2-1 setback against Lazio. That game was tarnished by the red card to Matias Almeyda, who picked up a three-match ban for his antics.

The Argentine midfielder joins the injured Cristiano Zanetti, Marco Materazzi, Thomas Helveg and Francesco Coco on the sidelines. Zac could opt to keep Alvaro Recoba as the third prong of the trident attack alongside Christian Vieri and Julio Cruz, although Andy van der Meyde and Obafemi Martins are pushing for more room in the starting eleven.

Lecce have not adapted well to the transition from Serie B to the top flight, particularly on their travels with just one draw and six defeats. Uruguayan international Javier Ernesto Chevanton remains their only real attacking threat, but he has already shown in the 1-1 draw with Juventus that he can hurt the big clubs with his pace. It seems as if Under-21 goalkeeper Marco Amelia will be dropped ahead of a likely January sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Toldo; Cordoba, Adani, Cannavaro; J Zanetti, Emre, Lamouchi, Kily Gonzalez; Recoba, Vieri, Cruz

Lecce (probable) : Poleksic; Siviglia, Bovo, Stovini, Abruzzese; Cassetti, Ledesma, Giacomazzi, Tonetto; Konan, Chevanton

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RODOMONTI TO REFEREE INTER V LECCE
Sunday, 04 January 2004 12:16:58
MILAN ¡V Tuesday afternoon's Serie A Week 15 match between Inter and Lecce will be refereed by Rodomonti. The official from Teramo last took charge of an Inter match on 26 January 2003 (Inter v Empoli).

Rodomonti will be assisted by linesmen Strocchia (Reggina v Inter in Tim Cup) and Ricci (Inter v Sampdoria, Inter v Reggina in Serie A ), and by fourth man De Marco (Siena v Inter in Serie A and Inter v Reggina in Tim Cup).

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MILESTONES IN SIGHT FOR CRUZ, VIERI
Monday, 05 January 2004 09:40:35
MILAN - (Football Data) - Facts and figures related to Tuesday afternoon's Serie A Week 15 match between Inter and Lecce:

Cruz : 100 Serie A appearances
If he plays against Lecce, Julio Ricardo Cruz will celebrate 100 appearances in the Serie A championship. The Argentine forward made his Italian debut in Roma 2-0 Bologna on 1 October 2003, and since then has scored 32 goals in matches for the Rossoblu and Inter.

Vieri one goal away from century
Christian Vieri 's strike against Lazio before Christmas brings his total for the Nerazzurri to 99. Divided among the various competitions, Bobogol has netted 85 times for Inter in the Serie A , 5 in the Coppa Italia, 5 in the Champions League and 4 in the Uefa Cup .

Recoba up against favourite target
Uruguayan forward Alvaro Recoba has scored 62 goals in official matches in Italy, with Lecce his favourite target. El Chino has netted 6 times in matches against the Apulian side: 1 in the 1999/00 Serie A , 1 in the 2000/01 Coppa Italia, 2 in the 2000/01 Serie A and 2 in the 2001/02 championship.

Inter and first matches of new years
The Nerazzurri are unbeaten in their first matches of solar years since the turn of the 21st century, In 2000 Inter beat Perugia 5-0, then drew 2- 2 with AC Milan a year later. Inter drew 0-0 with Lazio in 2002 and last season beat Modena 2-0. All four matches were played at the San Siro.

Chevanton fourth all time scorer for Lecce
Ernesto Javier Chevanton is Lecce's top scorer of the 2003/04 season with 7 goals to his credit. The Uruguayan striker, who has scored a total of 18 goals in the Italian top flight, is Lecce's fourth top scorer of all time in the Serie A behind Pasculli (29), Lucarelli (27) and Vugrinec (19).

===============

INTER V LECCE: 20 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
Monday, 05 January 2004 19:00:01
APPIANO GENTILE - Inter head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has named a twenty-man squad for Tuesday afternoon's Serie A Week 15 match at home to Lecce:

Goalkeepers: Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Jeremie Brechet (31), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Carlos Gamarra (24), Thomas Helveg (13), Giovanni Pasquale (26)

Midfielders: Emre Belozoglu (5), Javier Farinos (14), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Luciano (11), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Obafemi Martins (30), Alvaro Recoba (20), Andy van der Meyde (7), Christian Vieri (31)

inter.it

·
Registered
213 Posts
What the how why where are the posts dam we are losin to a shity team and the one who scored his name is bovo i hope we wont lose:rollani: :stress: :skull: :sleepy: :depress:

·
International
6,724 Posts
Inter win 3-1 :)

Cruz from freekick, then Cordoba headed in Emre's corner, and Vieri scored his 100th career goal for Inter.

Note: Pasquale got injured.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
was bit worried when I saw the line-up on inter.it. Farinos-Emre centre. But guess we got not much choices. How did the team perform. did the centre 2 clicked well?

Anyways... Congrates BOBO for his century.
Cruz for his Free-kick and Cordoba for header.
off to see the video gols. cheers..

BTW Zebras won while Lazio lost.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I wached the game and Inter were very lucky indeed. A lot of chances missed by Lecce especially in the first half. But they were obviously in bad physical condition and got tired too early. Your defence had a lot of problems and if it wasn't the goals from set-pieces Lecce could have won. I guess Zac's luck held on again.:)

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Very lucky in the first half. Lecce might have scored more than just once. Corner before Cordoba' goal had to be a goal kick. OK, but didn't see the whole match so :mute:. See you on Saturday. FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Sure we could had ben 3-0 by the first 14 minutes, but emre cruz and oba had nice combinations, we played a lot better than previous games believe me, what was scary was that our defense seems to be getting worse and worse, but our offensive game imrpoved a lot since Vieri wasnt the reference point, it was martins who was awsome.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Bresciano said:
Very lucky in the first half. Lecce might have scored more than just once. Corner before Cordoba' goal had to be a goal kick. OK, but didn't see the whole match so :mute:. See you on Saturday. FORZA PARMA!
:D

yes.....Saturday.....I will get to watch this match....
c'mmon Inter :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Martins was no where from man of the match.....Vieri was the player dumping in chances for the nigerian who was offside......today vieri has claimed his CROWN....

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
VIERI: "A VERY IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENT"
Tuesday, 06 January 2004 17:31:00
MILAN - Inter centre-forward Christian Vieri 's comments after scoring his 100th goal for Inter in this afternoon's 3-1 victory over Lecce:

"This is a nice and very important achievement for me, I'm very pleased. Marco Materazzi bought the crown two months ago and was waiting for me to wear it... Now it's fundamental to continue on our path and make our best effort. I've been at Inter for five years and I've always done this.

"Let's hope the victories come. We got an important result today. I'm not interested in what Roma and Milan do tonight, we'll always try and improve our game. If you play well then the victories also come."

================

CRUZ: "IT WAS A GREAT GOAL"
Tuesday, 06 January 2004 18:57:05
MILAN - At the San Siro on Tuesday afternoon Julio Ricardo Cruz scored a crucial goal just after the restart to bring Inter level with Lecce. "I scored a nice goal in a match which wasn't easy," said the Argentine striker to Inter Channel after the 3-1 victory.

"We definitely played better in the second half than in the first. The goal was nice because I managed to kick well. The goalkeeper didn't think I'd succeed in putting the ball where I put it. He was surprised."

================

J.ZANETTI: "A GREAT SECOND HALF"
Tuesday, 06 January 2004 19:20:10
MILAN - Nerazzurri captain Javier Zanetti's remarks to Inter Channel after the 3-1 win over Lecce:

"It was a difficult match, especially in the first half. They started off well and suprised us. But we deserved to win thanks to a great second half. In any case, compliments to Lecce."

================

EMRE: "A HARMONIOUS SECOND HALF"
Tuesday, 06 January 2004 19:23:56
MILAN - Emre Belozoglu's comments to Inter Channel after the victory over Lecce:

"It wasn't easy to win today, especially after their start. In the first half the team didn't manage to keep the distances and we were spread out. The second half was more harmonious and our game developed better."

=================

LAMOUCHI: "NOW FOR PARMA"
Tuesday, 06 January 2004 19:30:58
MILAN - Sabri Lamouchi 's remarks to Inter Channel after Tuesday afternoon's win against Lecce:

"Now we're thinking about Parma. They have a young team. I know how they play and the best Inter will be required to beat them.

"I'm very attached to Parma. They gave me the chance to prove myself in the Italian championship. But on Saturday there's no room for memories."

inter.it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts