Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Smiddy's squad for the game:

Alexander (Cardiff City), Gordon (Hearts), Marshall (Celtic), Alexander (Preston), Anderson (Aberdeen), G Caldwell (Hibernian), S Caldwell (Sunderland), Dailly (West Ham), Naysmith (Everton), Pressley (Hearts), Webster (Hearts), Weir (Everton), Ferguson (Rangers), Fletcher (Manchester United), Hartley (Hearts), McCulloch (Wigan), Murray (Rangers) Quashie (West Brom), Smith (Aberdeen), Teale (Wigan), McFadden (Everton), Maloney (Celtic), Miller (Wolves), O'Connor (Hibernian), Riordan (Hibernian).

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Not very inspiring to be honest. Weir and Dailly should have hung up their boots by now to concentrate on their club football. S Caldwell getting an inclusion is a joke as far as I'm concerned- he's pish. I didn't think McCulloch and Naysmith had kicked a ball this season. Who is Teale?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not too pleased to see the usual four Hearts players in the squad for a meaningless friendly when we have vital games coming up :frustrat:

Also, I can't believe Robbie Neilson hasn't been included in the squad yet, as he has been one of our most consistant performers this season and I can't think of a better Scottish right back at the moment.

·
Registered
520 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
Who is Teale?
Gary Teale is a very consistent Wigan player and anyone who's bothered to pay attention to his performances on Sky Sports will agree that he's good and it will be good to see how he does for the national team.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Danny_Vanquish said:
Gary Teale is a very consistent Wigan player and anyone who's bothered to pay attention to his performances on Sky Sports will agree that he's good and it will be good to see how he does for the national team.
Cheers, I've never heard of him. Is he Scottish or another plastic jock?

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's deffo Scottish, chivo. I'm sure he used to play for Clydebank back in the day, and I think he joined Wigan way back and has remained with them ever since.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Try and catch the upcoming Wigan matches on Sky Sports (if there is any) and rate him for yourself.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I've got tickets and I'm taking my wee boy to his first ever Scotland match so hope we get a good atmosphere and a good result. :hopefull:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The Judge said:
I've got tickets and I'm taking my wee boy to his first ever Scotland match so hope we get a good atmosphere and a good result. :hopefull:
you evil bastard! don't do it! the next generation has to be spared from the tragic-comedy that is following scotland! :D

seriously though, must be a pretty proud moment for you :)

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
He's only in primary 1 and will be up way past his bedtime and I have a feeling he might freak when he sees the size of the place and hears the roar.....either that or I'll get up in the morning and he'll have the blue and white face and be reciting Braveheart :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I can't remember Teale at all. He seems to be getting the thumbs up from most which is a good sign.

·
Registered
520 Posts
A bit disappointed that there aren't the likes of Chris Burke in the squad. Of course Watty has the right to try Gary Teale out for Scotland (he is so far untested at international level), but surely you need to get the younger ones in for experience.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The Judge said:
He's only in primary 1 and will be up way past his bedtime and I have a feeling he might freak when he sees the size of the place and hears the roar.....either that or I'll get up in the morning and he'll have the blue and white face and be reciting Braveheart :D
Ahh! remember the first time I went to a Scotland game with my Dad! Had about fifteen lairs of clothes on, stood on the terracing at the Rangers end at Hampden and could see hee haw cause everybody was bigger than me. Scotland v Romania/ and we qualified too.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Stephen McManus should be in that squad as well. He's done more than enough this season to warrant an opportunity at International level. What is Smith planning to do, use the likes of Davie Weir until they hang up their zimmers only to find that there are no ready-made replacements with the necessary experience to step in?

This type of game should be ideal for giving some new guys experience, what on earth someone like Steven Caldwell has done to warrant a call-up rather than the likes of McManus or Burke is anybody's guess.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Caught the first half of the Carling Cup final and Teale looked very impressive when he was given the ball. Tracked back reasonably well too. Looks very fast and a good addition to the squad if that's how he has been playing.

I had heard of him, but had never seen him play before today.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't think he was 'so impressive' but he's good.

Just prefer McFadden more than him if we talk 'bout midfield..

And hope to see no only 'wee man forward' at that match..

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Starting Line up:

Scotland: Gordon, Dailly, Weir, Webster, Graham Alexander, Fletcher, Ferguson, Gary Caldwell, Quashie, Miller, McFadden.
Subs: Neil Alexander, Teale, Naysmith, Steven Caldwell, Anderson, Maloney, Riordan, McCulloch, Murray, Marshall.

Switzerland: Zuberbuhler, Degen, Senderos, Grichting, Behrami, Barnetta, Vogel, Cabanas, Wicky, Streller, Gygax.
Subs: Muller, Vonlanthen, Coltorti, Lustrinelli, Smiljanic, Dzemaili, Djourou.

Referee: Bruno Coue (France)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts