Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSV Eindhoven have beaten Barcelona to gain ‘first option’ on a 13-year-old Brazilian starlet. Chelsea could benefit from the deal as they, in turn, have first refusal on all the Dutch club’s players. Maicon Vinicius da Cruz, known as Nikao and nicknamed the ‘Black Maradona’, is registered with São Paulo club Mirassol, but will be allowed to complete his move to PSV only after he turns 16.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2093-1482107,00.html

At least he isn't 9 years old.... :D

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
There will only be 1 MARADONA!

but theres that 9 year old brazilian kid, he is definetly the future best, whats his name Juan Carlos?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twayka said:
There will only be 1 MARADONA!

but theres that 9 year old brazilian kid, he is definetly the future best, whats his name Juan Carlos?

That's the 9 year old that I was referring to....his nickname is "Anderson". I don't remember his full name.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
There's nothing wrong with trying to look ahead and signing youg players but I said before and I say it again; I think that hyping of schoolkids like we've seen the last years is sickening.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
RayLewis52 said:
PSV Eindhoven have beaten Barcelona to gain ‘first option’ on a 13-year-old Brazilian starlet. Chelsea could benefit from the deal as they, in turn, have first refusal on all the Dutch club’s players. Maicon Vinicius da Cruz, known as Nikao and nicknamed the ‘Black Maradona’, is registered with São Paulo club Mirassol, but will be allowed to complete his move to PSV only after he turns 16.
So this kid is "nicknamed the ‘Black Maradona’"... nicknamed by whom? His agent? His mom, perhaps? Because I live in Brazil and I've NEVER heard of this young genius.

If I had a cent for every kid who was boasted as the "new Maradona" I would be swimming in a gold-plated pool, surrounded by playmates, preferably in an undisclosed location where my girlfriend wouldn't catch me. :mute: :lala: :D

And let me say another thing... Jean Carlos Chera's skills at his present age don't guarantee anything for his future. In my 34 years of life I have seen DOZENS of extremely talented children appearing in Brazil, many of them making headlines – but only recently the European clubs have begun to pay attention to such precocious talents, so the Brazilian "wonderkids" who appeared in past decades weren't hyped on an international level. And let me tell you, being skillful at the age of nine means NOTHING. Most of these "wonderkids" simply don't make it as professionals, they just get older and continue to impress their buddies on neighborhood games. Football is much, much, much more than just skills. For all we know, when he's 19 Chera will have ruined his potential through bad habits, or the premature hype will make him work less at his professional development as a player, or his personal life will take him off-track, or something else. Millions of things can happen to this kid. Being skillful at such a young age doesn't mean that he'll "be the next big thing", it just means he's young and skillful. Let's give him time, let him have his childhood. He MAY become a very good player. But there are no guarantees, in life or in football. ;)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
RayLewis52 said:
That's the 9 year old that I was referring to....his nickname is "Anderson". I don't remember his full name.
Not Kennet or Andreas Anderson I hope ;)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
A.V said:
I remember Madrid signed a very young English child last year. Anyone know what happend to him?
I don't know, but maybe you'd get a better response in the Future Stars forum if you posted it there.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
What next a baby still in the mother's womb,And they will be coming out saying I can tell he'll be the next cryuff.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Schumy said:
What next a baby still in the mother's womb,And they will be coming out saying I can tell he'll be the next cryuff.

You got to feel abit for Adriano and Roberto Carlos's mums when they was in the womb.:D

btw Garrincha is spot on, These things at 9 are impressive but their potential is much more clearer at 15/16 at the very least. For now they are just child prodigies but teenage/adults talents is what we should be more concerned with. Hopefully they will take it to that level but like I said the future is far from certain.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Twayka said:
WHAT????
did u even see the video of this kid, hes amazing, better than any kid u have.
Correction, he's as overhyped as any kid you have. :devil:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts