Registered
44,626 Posts
Nice job Marakana.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
JiUFBwXw6CI

Good start to the season after Spartak wins the Russian Super Cup over local rivals Lokomotiv Moscow 2-1 in extra time. The game was tied 0-0 after 90 minutes. Promes kicking on with his goal scoring. I'm also happy to see Lorenzo Melgarejo part of the squad. He set up Luiz Adriano for the first goal of the match. I really think we'll need his quality as we rotate the starting 11 with the Champions League games this season. He won't be a starter, but we will need him this season.

Starting 11 for Spartak was:

Rebrov, Eshcenko, Dzikiya, Bocchetti, Kombarov, Fernando, Glushakov, Popov, Promes, Ze Luis and Adriano. The subs that came in were Ananidze for Popov, and Melgarejo for Ze Luis.

The bench consisted of - Selihov, Petkovic, Tigiev, Kutepov, Leontayev, Bakaev, Nimely and Davydov.

Outside of Ananidze, Melgarejo, Petkovic and Kutepov the squad needs a bit more in terms of reinforcements if they are to challenge for the title once again.

First match of the RPL season is coming up against Dinamo in Khimki on Tuesday, 18/7.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
Some photos from the Super Cup win -

·
Zeko lopove...
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·

·
Zeko lopove...
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
My favorite image... Rebrov pouring champagna like a boss.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
Also... good start by Spartak Moscow II to the new season defeating last season's RPL side FC Orenburg 1-0 at home. The goal was scored by Fashion Sakala, a 20 year-old Zambian forward who joined the club this past season.

7wCqHNFb3CE

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Also... good start by Spartak Moscow II to the new season defeating last season's RPL side FC Orenburg 1-0 at home. The goal was scored by Fashion Sakala, a 20 year-old Zambian forward who joined the club this past season.

7wCqHNFb3CE
I've been reading a lot of good things about Sakala.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
Really tough pillow to swallow as we draw 2-2 away to our bitter rivals Dinamo Moskva. This, after being up 2-0 and looking in control. However Dinamo found a way and in stoppage time in the 92nd minute managed to find an equalizer. As much as I dislike Dinamo it's nice to see they're doing a bit better as they're a historic side in Russian football and need to be a player to make the Russian league more interesting as some of the other Moscow sides in recent times haven't been there (excluding Spartak and CSKA of course).

No reason to get upset though; it's still early in the season and I'm sure the Super Cup played its part in the players' concentration towards the end of the 2nd half. Moving forward onto the next game. Also, must be said, with the form Promes finds himself in it will be hard to keep him. Also, Luiz Adriano is looking as slim as I've seen him since his glory days at Shaktar Donetsk. I firmly believe he will have an excellent season.

Starting 11 was - Rebrov, Eshcenko, Kutepov, Bocchetti, Kombarov, Fernando, Glushakov, Promes, Luiz Adriano, Melgarejo, and Ze Luis. There was no Zobnin from the beginning. Subs that came in were Timofeev for Ze Luis in the 89th minute and Popov for Luiz Adriano in the 65th minute. I'm hopeful that Timofeev can make an impression as I was impressed with him when he was introduced during pre-season a couple of years ago under Karpin. Surely it's do or die for the young midfielder at Spartak this season.

Highlights here:

31OD1Zu-fmY

Some photos from the Arena Khimki:

·
inbred amoeba
4,410 Posts
Ufa - Spartak in about an hour.

«Спартак»: Ребров (к), Петкович, Джикия, Боккетти, Комбаров, Фернандо, Тимофеев, Попов, Бакаев, Промес, Зе Луиш.

Запасные: Селихов, Максименко, Тигиев, Щербаков, Кутепов, Ещенко, Ананидзе, Глушаков, Леонтьев, Самсонов, Мельгарехо, Давыдов.

Luiz Adriano out injured. Debut for Petkovic on the RB.

·
inbred amoeba
4,410 Posts
A second yellow to Samedov just before the break, and another won game will be a turnaround. Our third in the season :facepalm:

·
inbred amoeba
4,410 Posts
CL week. The first game at Maribor is just two days from now. Probably the most important game for Spartak in terms of making it out of the group.

The club registered the following 29-man squad for the competition:

GOALKEEPERS

32. Artem REBROV
57. Aleksandr SELIKHOV
98. Aleksandr MAKSIMENKO

DEFENDERS

3. Marko PETKOVIĆ
5. Serdar TASCI
14. Georgi DZHIKIYA
16. Salvatore BOCCHETTI
17. Georgi TIGIEV
22. Konstantin SCHERBAKOV
23. Dmitri KOMBAROV
25. Lorenzo MELGAREJO
29. Ilya KUTEPOV
38. Andrei ESCHENKO

MIDFIELDERS

7. Jano ANANIDZE
8. Denis GLUSHAKOV
10. Quincy PROMES
11. FERNANDO
18. Zelimkhan BAKAEV
19.Aleksandr SAMEDOV
21.Artem SAMSONOV
47.Roman ZOBNIN
50.Mario PAŠALIĆ
71. Ivelin POPOV
87. Soltmurad BAKAEV

FORWARDS

9. ZÉ LUÍS
12. LUIZ ADRIANO
66. Sylvanus NIMELY
69. Denis DAVYDOV
99. Pedro ROCHA NEVES

COACH

Massimo Carrera

Sakala left out of the squad on the account of Davydov.

461 - 480 of 521 Posts