Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its official, Alen Markaryan made the announcement at the premier of the groups documentary "Asi Ruh"

This is sad news
Çarşı is the heart of Besiktas, and one of the most prolific fan groups in the World,
In any regard they had legitimate reasons, but I hope a new group emerges to fill that void

although to be honest I don't think it will stand, if you goto any of the Çarşı forums sounds like most fans are against it,

·
*the drum drum*
42,884 Posts
They were accused of having too much influence over the running of the club, and have decided to disband the group to avoid that. Amicable move :thumbsup:

·
Master Debater
20,701 Posts
The group was a tad bit too extreme if you ask me. If a more docile and civilized group were to emerge from the ashes it would be better for everbody involved.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't imagine Inonu without the Carsi firebrand support, yes occasionally a couple fans ruin the spectacle but that comes with everything

The more i think about Carsi closing the less I like it, without a doubt a new group will emerge, but will it have the same political conscience? will it have the same pride and respect?

The other possibility is that Carsi fragments into different supporter groups which can only cause tension

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I dont think this will effect anything of besiktas's atmosphere in their homestaduim.

Atleast I hope not, I always watched bjk-home games with joy when it was en european game or a derby, the atmosphere there is unknown and just phenominal.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with the stadium move?

I still remember how they opposed Serdar Bilgilis decision to move them from "Kapali". Perheps it will make it easier for the board to make Inönu more profitable?

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I'm sure the group of people that made up Carsi will still be in touch with each other and support with the same passion. I think all this is is mostly public posturing to avoid problems for BJK.

Officially disbanding Carsi means there is nothing for TFF/UEFA/FIFA to point to as a conflict of interests or 'interference' in the running of BJK. But I'm sure individuals formerly of Carsi will still be in touch with individuals in the BJK management. And those individuals will still have access to the stadium to setup the displays, etc on match day.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
If they had to disband this is the perfect time. The stadium being rebuilt and all :cry:. Watch for much commotion to ensue.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Carsi still exists the real Carsi is at Karsiyaka ;) This just puts an end to copy cats who happen to support Besiktas.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Why is Çarşı disbanding? Is it doing so at the request of the club? Is there any connection between the dissolution of the group and reports that Alen Markaryan had been banned from the stadium for six months?

Some people have said that the group has no structure and no "official" membership, that in effect anyone can say "I'm in Çarşı". If that is the case, the group's "leadership" has no control and the same people will continue to attend games. It will be interesting to see if the club allows banners with the word "Çarşı" into the ground from now on.

This reminds me a bit of what happened in Sao Paulo a few years ago. The state authorities announced that shirts, flags, etc, bearing the name of organised supporters' groups would be banned from the state's football stadiums. As far as I can gather, the measure was ineffective.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
A documentery about Carsi and BJK "Asi Ruh" is out as DVD! :boxing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts