Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Siena offer Ronaldo lifeline Friday 31 October, 2008

Siena President Giovanni Lombardi Stronati is to give Brazilian star Ronaldo the opportunity to rebuild his career – at a cost of £80,000 a goal!

The 32-year-old striker is currently training with Flamengo after being released from Milan where he suffered yet another horrific knee injury.

“It’s an idea we are working on,” admitted Stronati. “They tell me that he is really thinking about retiring, but I would like to offer him one last chance.

“I spoke with his manager and I have proposed a contract of £80,000 a goal. I am willing to reduce myself to poverty, but the goals of Ronaldo could save Siena.

“My team plays well, [Marco] Giampaolo is a great Coach,” added an ebullient Stronati. “But we score little.”

Siena have found the net just seven times this season and host Fiorentina in a Tuscan derby on Sunday.

When asked if he was delusional to think a player of Ronaldo’s stature would consider joining Siena, Stronati replied: “The slogan is very simple: Ronaldo, come and try us.”

C4 =================================================

Its a Good Idea, cuz if Ronaldo gets injured again, the payment may be low or nothing. While Ronaldo also can get continous playing time.....

With his capability.. he could score shitloads. ;)

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
“I spoke with his manager and I have proposed a contract of £80,000 a goal. I am willing to reduce myself to poverty, but the goals of Ronaldo could save Siena.,”
It's a good idea for Siena but surely he's not gonna fall for that. Because even if he scores 20 goals a season for Siena (which I doubt he will at this stage of his career considering the lovely shape he's in) he'll just be earning £1.6 Million Euros/season for his efforts. Surely a 20 goal per season striker deserves more.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
I doubt that its all the money he´ll be getting, its just incentives for Ronaldo to perform. And Siena would like to differ themselves from the other clubs interested in Ronaldo.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Its a good way for the club to cover themselves and a really good way to make a selfish striker even more selfish :pp

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
DEportivo said:
I doubt that its all the money he´ll be getting, its just incentives for Ronaldo to perform. And Siena would like to differ themselves from the other clubs interested in Ronaldo.
That would be more fair and that would make more sense, but I just thought the quote sounded pretty straight forward.

“I spoke with his manager and I have proposed a contract of £80,000 a goal.
You'd think they would mention if it was just an extra incentive somewhere in the article. If it is, then it sounds like a good deal for Fatnaldo.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Well Ronaldo´s agent would be drop-dead stupid if the 80k per goal was the only money he´d be getting. And its not like Ronaldo is forgotten goods. There still are clubs interested in him(Man.City) for example.

Or maybe the Siena boss needs just some attention.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Ronaldo stated he might not come back if he's not fast... so we never know

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
What caused his fit during the '98 World Cup? I was very young at the time and have forgotten what happened to him. I believe that was a major turning point in his career. It's a shame really as from what I remember of him during the late 90's, he was easily the best footballer in the world at that time.

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
wasn't the situation similar with Vieri and Atalanta? If anything, ronaldo should be happy that someone in europe wants his fat ass.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Wow I must've missed this story:eek:,surely R9 could even go to the state's and still command a killing of wage's wouldn't you thinK?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
80,000 per goal isn't much really. Let's say he scores 25. Thats 2 Million. I'm sure the real Ronaldo should get more than 2 M Euros no?

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
A pay as you play deal would make more sense with added goal bonus. What you don't want to do is get him on a big contact and for him to get injured and no be able to play at all.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Yeah but "only" 80,000 per goal won't work for Ronaldo. Especially playing for Sienna ;)
He could get 4 M and play for a better club.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
It's a good idea for Siena but surely he's not gonna fall for that. Because even if he scores 20 goals a season for Siena (which I doubt he will at this stage of his career considering the lovely shape he's in) he'll just be earning £1.6 Million Euros/season for his efforts. Surely a 20 goal per season striker deserves more.
what about the risk that Siena is taking on him?

I mean,i am sure if he plays enough,they can even offer 100,000 a goal.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
You can buy alot of Big Mac's for 80k Euro's.:flirt:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
.... and enough for many transvetites

its a good deal really.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts