Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porto star Deco has admitted he is interested in a move to Real Betis after the Spanish high-fliers revealed they are tracking the playmaker. "Seville is a destiny that pleases me," said the £5 million-rated Brazilian.

Betis sit in fifth spot in La Liga in their first season back in the top flight and are eager to build on a squad which is well placed to make it into the Champions' League places.

Porto, by contrast, have endured a disastrous season, and are in fourth spot some ten points behind leading pair Boavista and Sporting.

Coach Jose Mourinho, who arrived midway through the season, has already warned of a clear-out, insisting he can "count on" only five players from the first-team being there next season.

And Deco now appears ready to end his three-year association with the Portuguese club, where he is a crowd favourite. "I have always said I am happy here in Porto, but I also know that the club will sell some players next summer," he explained.

Betis general manager Jose Antonio Gonzalez confirmed that they are tracking the 24-year-old Brazilian. "We have watched several players and Deco is one of them," he said. "For now I can't say anymore about it."

Betis, where Brazil winger Denilson plays, could offer former Benfica forward Joao Tomas as part of any deal.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Good signing... I think Deco has been one of the few (if not the only one) players that has played decent football for Oporto this season if I'm not wrong... and 5 million pounds is not a very high price anyway:)

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Wow this thread is amuzing ,especially at where Betis are now days and the things Deco has won with Porto and Barca since

1 - 4 of 4 Posts