Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Robosn has 15 million this year to spend on transfers this year but what is needed. We have potentially great central defence but it seems that the promise of Goma and Marcellino has not been shown. I think that we should previal. Also bad news as Helder looks like returning to Deportivo for good.

What to look for is the players in the team that have gone down:

Andy Hinchcliffe -LB - good player and could re-kindle his patnership with Fergie that proved so devistating.
Niklas Alexanderson - CM - great player and our midfiled needs strengthening.
Giles de Bilde - Att - limitless skill and again would be a cheap buy for a problem position.
Mica Hyde - Mid - good youngster with limitless energy.
Peter Kennady - LB/LM - good player with a wicked left foot.

Any others will be added after the last match of the season, any comments??

R

·
0 Posts
The £15m he's been rumoured to spend is on just two players according to match football magazine. Robson is planning a double barca swoop for Guardiola and Luis Enrique. That's just two players. There not the only players on his shopping list so imagine how much he'll spend this summer. (Over £25m) Guardiola and Luis Enrique are two quality players and will be great buys for the club. Also have you saw the new away strip. It's pretty smart although they've changed the brown ale sponsor to Ntl.

D

·
0 Posts
Hehehehe, Luis Enrique and Josepa Guardiola to Newcastle, in your dreams mate!

But this is a rumour, Newcastle will sign midfielder Christian Bassedas from
Argentine club Velez Sarsfield for 2.5 million pounds.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heared that, also one about a Portugese guy, defender. I forgot his name but he may walk out on his club as they have apparently not paid him all the wages that he has earned.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meira, that's his name. Phew thought I lost it then. Anyway this guy could be good.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What would the side look like?

---------------Given

Barton-Goma/Marcellino-Dabizas-new player

Dyer---Speed--new player--Solano

---------Fergie-Shearer

The left back could be solved with Hinchcliffe/Thatcher and the centre midfielder is slightl more complex.
If Solano goes then we could try and get Michael Hughes also what abot Stubbs from Celtic?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i think both goma and marcelino will be sold this season, they havent played well at all. how bout giving aaron hughes a chance, well, at least give him more games. at left back, thatcher would probably be better because hes younger, but hinchcliff has more experience....
backup forward= either heidar helguson from watford or david johnson (if ipswich dont make it up) or gudjohnson
cm would be alexandersson. or maybe jonk, both from sheffield wednesday. jonk may be too old, but alexandersson would be great, although newcastle hasnt had much success with swedes eg. andreas andersson a few years back (is it the right name?)

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good point Loose, we should also look at the sides that miss out in the play offs for some talent. Birmingham look as though they are out so we could try and get Bryan Hughes.
The thing is that I have no idea who will be bought. I hope it is someone who will be good for the club.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
The thing is just about anybody could sign for Newcastle, I mean look at spurs, if you'd told me Rebrov would choose them I'd have laughed at you.
The difference with Newcastle is you have Bobby Robson, and he is one of the most respected managers throughout the world, if anyone can attract big name players, then you have the right man for the job.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true but is the financial situation that good. A lot has been wasted on players already (Goma, Maric, Dumas, Maric) as well as spent well (Dyer, Ferguson).
I think that Robbo is more likely to be shrewd with the money and buy unknown quality plyers.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Its to late for Meira...he signed with Udinese. I think you guys got Calado from Benfica though.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

<url>http://www.fcporto-online.com</url>

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Calado is a good bet to go to Newcastle with Benfica making a strong move for Oliseh of Juventus (they play the same position).

He had an off year, but he's a good, solid defensive midfielder. You could do worse.

Forca Benfica!
www.benficacentral.com

D

·
0 Posts
And play Stephen Glass, he's been a revelation in English football over the past 2 seasons.

Silvio Maric should be sold, he's un-motivated, what would a club do with un-motivated players?

Oliseh sounds good, he was a very good player when he was at Ajax, good enough for a starting line-up place, don't know why he went to Juventus, a dream come to, but realistically, it was always going to be hard for him to breakthrough at Juve, unfortunately in his first season there, eh got injured and when recovered played very little first-team football.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Pool, how come you put a question mark on left back. What about Domi? He is such a great young talent!! I was shocked that he didn't play every game this year. He is the natural replacement for Lizarazu in the French side. Last year fourfourtwo magazine named Domi one of the fifty or so stars of the next world cup.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree but at the time it looked like Domi wss going to be sold. I think that he is a really good player and hope that he is kept.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts