Xtratime Community banner

Ádám Szalai - The Baselmann

135K views 2K replies 71 participants last post by  Dandeer 
#1 ·
now after reading the following article I decided he deserves an own thread for this.

Stuttgart, július 5., 13.20 Német válogatottat akartak csinálni a VfB magyar középpályásából.

A német Bundesliga első osztályában szereplő VfB Stuttgart magyar támadóját a múlt héten meghívták a baden-würtenbergi tartományi válogatottba. Szalai Ádám a piros-fehérek B-csapatánál játszott edzőmeccset a japán Urawa Red Diamonds ellen, majd ezután ment az edzőtáborba, ahol csak két napot töltött.
- A németek felajánlották, legyek német állampolgár, s játsszak az U20-as válogatottjukba - mondta Szalai. - Mindezt megköszöntem, de nemet mondtam, egyrészt mert már voltam magyar ifjúsági válogatott, másrészt mert nem akarok német lenni. Ezek után nem lepődtem meg, amikor azt mondták, jó, de akkor ne maradjak velük a továbbiakban. A legfőbb célom most úgyis az, hogy a Stuttgartban minél közelebb kerüljek a nagy csapathoz.
K. B. L.

Szalai says no to german U20 NT offer. "I don't want to be german." :D

that's the wood magyarok are made of. other than Garics György or Sebestyén Zoli.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Purger said:
You love Germany,don't you Szövkap?:tongue:

Btw,did I tell you that I have decided to learn German instead of Hungarian?:howler::tongue:
I tolerate the germans. fair enough, isn't it? but they shouldn't try to cheat and steal our players and naturalize them.

and german language? completely overrated language IMO :D
I rarely need it in Berlin. I should have learned russian, turkish and srbo-hrvat though. now I come along with magyar :D

#4 ·
szövkap said:
now after reading the following article I decided he deserves an own thread for this.

Stuttgart, július 5., 13.20 Német válogatottat akartak csinálni a VfB magyar középpályásából.

A német Bundesliga első osztályában szereplő VfB Stuttgart magyar támadóját a múlt héten meghívták a baden-würtenbergi tartományi válogatottba. Szalai Ádám a piros-fehérek B-csapatánál játszott edzőmeccset a japán Urawa Red Diamonds ellen, majd ezután ment az edzőtáborba, ahol csak két napot töltött.
- A németek felajánlották, legyek német állampolgár, s játsszak az U20-as válogatottjukba - mondta Szalai. - Mindezt megköszöntem, de nemet mondtam, egyrészt mert már voltam magyar ifjúsági válogatott, másrészt mert nem akarok német lenni. Ezek után nem lepődtem meg, amikor azt mondták, jó, de akkor ne maradjak velük a továbbiakban. A legfőbb célom most úgyis az, hogy a Stuttgartban minél közelebb kerüljek a nagy csapathoz.
K. B. L.

Szalai says no to german U20 NT offer. "I don't want to be german." :D

that's the wood magyarok are made of. other than Garics György or Sebestyén Zoli.
That's it ! Great character !
I wish him a successful career with lots of Hungarian NT appearances.

#18 ·
szövkap said:
you have a heroic name, mate. is it real? or was it just your prophecy?

Hahahah it is real my friend Szalay Ishtvan my father came out in 1956 he was in the army at the time... apparently not sure if this is true the y on the end of my name was earned because one of my great grandfathers was a major in the army and he was awarded the y on the end of my family name instead of i or something along those lines??

My Szalay rokons still live in bataszec i think thats how u spell it.

#19 ·
Bataszék is very nice, I do have some rokons in Melbourne though who emigrated in, guess when, 1956. but I never met them. my father wanted to go there actually too in 1956, but got stuck in germany.

#20 ·
szövkap said:
Bataszék is very nice, I do have some rokons in Melbourne though who emigrated in, guess when, 1956. but I never met them. my father wanted to go there actually too in 1956, but got stuck in germany.
Never been to hungary my friend but plan on visting maybe next year visit all the rokons and such! And then go again when we get euro 2012 :excited:

#22 ·
Máté said:
so he plays in vfb stuttgart? is he good? has he scored goal?
he is 19, he is good, he scored many goals in the youth team. he was german bajnok of U19 teams with vfb. now he wants to play in the first team the upcoming season. and he is also regular magyar U19 player.

#24 ·
Bentex said:
I found this one, but I need a bigger one.

I found him on iwiw too :D :thumbsup:

everyone is on there :D I've searched about 80 of our footballers from all over the world and only like 5 are not there :D

In action!

Sanyi, we should get them to do interviews with us and then put them on Bentex TV. I have the audience, maybe we should try and get big sponsors :D and then we can retire :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.