Xtratime Community

Xtratime Community (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/)
-   Vatreni - Croatian National Team (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/381-vatreni-croatian-national-team/)
-   -   EURO 2020 Qualifier: HRVATSKA vs Wales - June 8th, 2019 (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/381-vatreni-croatian-national-team/486733-euro-2020-qualifier-hrvatska-vs-wales-june-8th-2019-a.html)

Nepoznat May 16th, 2019 18:41

EURO 2020 Qualifier: HRVATSKA vs Wales - June 8th, 2019

UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying continues when the Vatreni host Wales on Matchday 3. Both teams are on 3 points but Wales has played only 1 match so they sit 2nd in the Group, Croatia down in 4th.

https://i.imgur.com/vskH5F8.png

-Croatia unbeaten in four games v Wales: W3 D1
-Both past encounters in Osijek ended 2-0
-Croatia yet to lose in 11 Osijek games: W9 D2
-Modrić and Bale are club-mates at Real Madrid

FYI The game will be broadcast on ESPN2 here in USA

Betting odds:

Ero May 16th, 2019 19:18

A must win....

Nepoznat May 16th, 2019 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ero (Post 22803355)
A must win....

Indeed, this match is vital!

These factors are playing in our favor:

-Croatia unbeaten in four games v Wales: W3 D1
-Both past encounters in Osijek ended 2-0
-Croatia yet to lose in 11 Osijek games: W9 D2

betting odds
https://i.imgur.com/tyGBMPt.png

szövkap May 16th, 2019 20:15

beat those cünts 3-0

#notevenacountry

dinamozagreb86 May 17th, 2019 09:43

Nothing but a win here.

dinamozagreb86 May 20th, 2019 11:03

https://scontent.fsyd8-1.fna.fbcdn.n...31&oe=5D67AEE7

Surprise player is Dario Melnjak, a player I've never heard of before. A left back.

croatian batman May 20th, 2019 14:26

Bradaric, Sosa, Pajac all would make more sense than Melnjak.

Also I think Barisic hasn’t played in a few weeks? Dalic is beginning to lose me a bit. Don’t really have a good feeling for this game.

Also Kalinic shouldn’t start. He hasn’t played since Hungary I think. Give Livakovic the nod.

AnteDinamoZG May 21st, 2019 17:45

“Surprise player is Dario Melnjak, a player I've never heard of before. A left back.”

Agreed.

Has anybody ever heard or followed Dario Melnjak? I know Dalic made it a point to say he hasn’t been following him just preko noci.

Maradona May 21st, 2019 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnteDinamoZG (Post 22805025)
“Surprise player is Dario Melnjak, a player I've never heard of before. A left back.”

Agreed.

Has anybody ever heard or followed Dario Melnjak? I know Dalic made it a point to say he hasn’t been following him just preko noci.

he recently mentioned he sent scouts to watch this kid. he also said he's been getting standard minutes for the past seasons...basically, my interpretation is that he doesn't want a band aid remedy. he'd rather play someone in that position that is familiar with it...no need to try and get Jedvaj or anyone else playing out of position.

Ante May 21st, 2019 18:25

Bale at full speed against our inexperienced outside backs...

Someone pass the Rolaids please.:scared:

szövkap May 21st, 2019 18:31

Bejl hasn‘t played much lately at Real, no? should be out of form

also, from what I read on nso.hu, players of Tottnhem and Liverpul aren‘t in their squad because CL final duty. Ramsey or what‘s his name injured.

#makewaleslittleagain
#1958neverforget
#notevenacountry
#pubteam

Ante May 21st, 2019 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by szövkap (Post 22805039)

also, from what I read on nso.hu, players of Tottnhem and Liverpul aren‘t in their squad because CL final duty. Ramsey or what‘s his name injured.

#makewaleslittleagain
#1958neverforget
#notevenacountry
#pubteam

Bale has been essentially frozen out at Real and barely plays..but still poses a big danger. Speed and strong in the air. And for us Lovren, has barely played at all for Liverpool this year...and in the CL will be on the bench too..

I don't know much else about Wales players..but they'll battle no matter who they put out there...

szövkap May 21st, 2019 19:34

usually they are a bunch of pub team hacks and have 1 or 2 stars, who now either aren‘t nominated or out of form, nobody to feed that gay hack Bejl with balls. we‘ll play against them too 3 days later, so you better destroy them hard so they‘ll arrive demoralized in Judapest :D

Ero May 21st, 2019 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by szövkap (Post 22805039)

Curse your jinxing you no good Mađar sheep herder! Bejl is a threat and we will have to neutralise him and have our midfield run the others ragged, unlike against you lot when we totally shat the bed.

Maradona May 21st, 2019 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ante (Post 22805045)
Bale has been essentially frozen out at Real and barely plays..but still poses a big danger. Speed and strong in the air. And for us Lovren, has barely played at all for Liverpool this year...and in the CL will be on the bench too..

I don't know much else about Wales players..but they'll battle no matter who they put out there...

In a game like this, we should be able to control the play and limit any opportunities to set Bale on a long counter by always doubling on his side. We should easily take the play to Wales...we have a strong enough midfield to control possession.

szövkap May 21st, 2019 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ero (Post 22805073)
Curse your jinxing you no good Mađar sheep herder! Bejl is a threat and we will have to neutralise him and have our midfield run the others ragged, unlike against you lot when we totally shat the bed.

no jinxing. you better neutralise that genderneutral cünt, best case scenario he gets injured or a red card. Wejlz fo shaw is the team I want the least to do well from our group.

DiegoDalma May 22nd, 2019 13:46

We are in a very complicated situation.
It is the time to put fresh blood in the national team but in the starting XI.

After the run in world cup nobody will dare to put some players on the bench but it is needed.

Let the likes of livakovic benkovic bradaric sunjic vlasic gain experience.

Most of our players from the world cup had a very average season.

It is the time to start a cycle with the new generation of players.

Ero_Hercegovac May 22nd, 2019 20:04

I wonder if Vlasic, Brekalo, Duje CC, and Benkovic will be joining the U21 squad after for the Euros

ForzaFiume May 23rd, 2019 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiegoDalma (Post 22805197)
We are in a very complicated situation.
It is the time to put fresh blood in the national team but in the starting XI.

After the run in world cup nobody will dare to put some players on the bench but it is needed.

Let the likes of livakovic benkovic bradaric sunjic vlasic gain experience.

Most of our players from the world cup had a very average season.

It is the time to start a cycle with the new generation of players.

This exact process gives me a pit in my stomach about this qualification cycle. On paper we should be the clear cut #1 team in the group but when your moving from an old generation to a new one, it’s not easy coupled with the fact that no team in our group is a walk in the park and they all feel like they can qualify. I think typical us, we’ll eek by via the playoffs and make it in that way.

Nepoznat May 23rd, 2019 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ero_Hercegovac (Post 22805313)
I wonder if Vlasic, Brekalo, Duje CC, and Benkovic will be joining the U21 squad after for the Euros

They definitely should / will... anyone who is eligible to play for U21s must represent us in the tournament!