Xtratime Community

Xtratime Community (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/)
-   Movies & Television (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/130-movies-television/)
-   -   GOT episode 3 (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/130-movies-television/486647-got-episode-3-a.html)

mali April 29th, 2019 18:04

GOT episode 3

i don't know for you, but me, i fell exhausted. damn !
that's what i call a total war.

Osman April 29th, 2019 18:26

One of the most intense TV moments of all time. 77 minutes of crazy ride. There is little chance for them to top this episode in last 3 episodes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

pele10brazil April 29th, 2019 18:31

I was like this the whole episode

https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/...&poi=face&q=85

****ing HBO and their louzy lighting. And I woke up at 3:40 AM to see it...

GOT turned into Disney. They made of mockery out of the whole White Walker saga with this conclusion. As if this is supposed to make Arya great again...

Some scenes were great, like the Dothoraky charge, or Jon abandoning Sam, but very few of those. I don't understand how Valeriyan steel could kill the Night King, but Dragon blaze did nothing. It's supposed to be an inferior form of Dragon derived magic ffs.

And I'm curious where the hell was Bran waging towards the end? Cersei can't possibly be the final boss, considering the emo state of Bran. I refuse to belive he kept being the cynic just for this joke of a battle.

P.S. Kudos to Melissandre for making at least a few scenes visible.

pele10brazil April 29th, 2019 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osman (Post 22798677)
One of the most intense TV moments of all time. 77 minutes of crazy ride. There is little chance for them to top this episode in last 3 episodes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Arya fanboy spoted.

van April 29th, 2019 18:39

Spoilers below

I enjoyed it, but at some points it was just too dark for me to see well, and the dragon stuff I had no idea what was going on. I was watching on HBO from the laptop. The final sequence with the music was fantastic, and the whole thing was indeed exhausting, in a good way.

The one thing I'd say is that it lacked some of the crazy, cruel surprises of GoT. Characters who died were very likeable but generally minor, and while the Arya thing was surprising in the moment (and crazy how easy it was, wtf; the old dead dude can beat a dragon with one had but Arya killed him with a cool custom-made knife), it was in some ways predictable she'd save the day.

I'd imagine some of the cruel surprises will come in the final chapters.

mali April 29th, 2019 18:43

well, we can critic after to have analysed it. but in the moment, i tought like osman that it was quite intense.

more intense than waterloo when the french cavalery charged to death and the old guard smatched.

pele10brazil April 29th, 2019 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mali (Post 22798689)
well, we can critic after to have analysed it. but in the moment, i tought like osman that it was quite intense.

more intense than waterloo when the french cavalery charged to death and the old guard smatched.

Don't get me wrong, it had its good parts and intense moments. But the show writers obviously can't live up to the standard of the first 5 seasons. I can guarantee this is not how Martin envisioned the end of White Walkers, and his version will be something far grander. They weren't just a bunch of disney monsters pestering the main characters from the real objectives. The WWs will certainly have a deeper and more spectacular role in the canon storyline.

pele10brazil April 29th, 2019 18:53

Sad part is Martin hasn't even published a single book since the show aired. And there's 2 more of them. Considering how long he's taking with writing the books, and the fact that he's 70 years old, we might never get to see how the story really ends :(

mali April 29th, 2019 19:00

what do you think about the tatic they used ?

would not have been wiser to keep the army inside the castel, the cavalery outside waiting.
then when the white walkers arrive near the trench, light it to make barrage. then send the dragons to put the fire to this bunch of pricks. use the cavalery to take them behind.

better than attack them frontaly, really.

pele10brazil April 29th, 2019 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mali (Post 22798697)
what do you think about the tatic they used ?

would not have been wiser to keep the army inside the castel, the cavalery outside waiting.
then when the white walkers arrive near the trench, light it to make barrage. then send the dragons to put the fire to this bunch of pricks. use the cavalery to take them behind.

better than attack them frontaly, really.

GoT always sucked at tactics so it's almost not worth the bother. Light melee cavalry is supposed to harass the enemy flanks, not bulldoze through its center. And the Dragons should have scorched the zombie army way before they actually got to Winterfell.

mali April 29th, 2019 20:06

this episode has been great, no doubt, but the way it ended let me dubitative. i would have prefered a nightking v snow.

Johan April 29th, 2019 20:32

I gave up on GOT last season. But it seems mindless stupid action have a lot of fans.

RahzeL April 29th, 2019 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by pele10brazil (Post 22798691)
Don't get me wrong, it had its good parts and intense moments. But the show writers obviously can't live up to the standard of the first 5 seasons. I can guarantee this is not how Martin envisioned the end of White Walkers, and his version will be something far grander. They weren't just a bunch of disney monsters pestering the main characters from the real objectives. The WWs will certainly have a deeper and more spectacular role in the canon storyline.

Bro GoT has become the popcorn action cinema fantasy stuff that I was never interested in. I got into GoT because it felt way more serious in the first 4 seasons. If a major character gets into a terrible situation in a quality tv show he gets fckin killed off. (Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos etc.) If a major character in GoT gets into a terrible situation some wonder happens and he escapes and that happens like 5 times in a row. It's come to the point where I am not excited about it anymore. There is no tension.

What I did like about this episode was Sansa and Melisandre.

Btw: What was Bran doing the whole episode? Cersei should take care of these boring ass characters now lol...

pele10brazil April 29th, 2019 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by RahzeL (Post 22798719)
Bro GoT has become the popcorn action cinema fantasy stuff that I was never interested in. I got into GoT because it felt way more serious in the first 4 seasons. If a major character gets into a terrible situation in a quality tv show he gets fckin killed off. (Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos etc.) If a major character in GoT gets into a terrible situation some wonder happens and he escapes and that happens like 5 times in a row. It's come to the point where I am not excited about it anymore. There is no tension.

What I did like about this episode was Sansa and Melisandre.

Btw: What was Bran doing the whole episode? Cersei should take care of these boring ass characters now lol...

It became the poster show for killing of all the main characters and for the last 3 seasons, they only dumped 2nd rate bums. Well, technically 4 seasons, but the Jon Snow one was freakin intense. My brother kinda spoiled it for me because the prick was stalking, waiting for that exact sequence and burst into the room screaming when Jon died(I saw the episode a few hours after it was released so he already knew what happened).

Nacka April 29th, 2019 22:53

Meh, I think it got stale after a while. I get that they wanted to create the hype of LE EPIC BATTLE SCENE, the longest in history OMG. But after twenty minutes the endless supply of ice goblins happily plunging to their "death" got boring. Not that I particularly cared for the "battle scenes" to begin with. Ran did it better. Hopefully we'll have a better battle scene when Cersei makes minced meat of these arse-wipes.

The lower tempo scenes in the middle with Arya sneaking around just felt weird as well, what happened to the onslaught? Did the ice goblins have their lunch break or something and only kept minimum staff on hand during that time?

Nacka April 30th, 2019 00:45

I'll add though, so I don't come across as a total Debbie Downer, that there were a few shots that I did appreciate.

Mainly the Dothraki fire charge and the Dothraki fizzle. Despite not being a huge fan of the dragons I also liked the inital napalm bombing from them and the shot of the dragons flying above the zombie mist.

TTM April 30th, 2019 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by pele10brazil (Post 22798683)

GOT turned into Disney. They made of mockery out of the whole White Walker saga with this conclusion. As if this is supposed to make Arya great again...

Some scenes were great, like the Dothoraky charge, or Jon abandoning Sam, but very few of those. I don't understand how Valeriyan steel could kill the Night King, but Dragon blaze did nothing. It's supposed to be an inferior form of Dragon derived magic ffs.

And I'm curious where the hell was Bran waging towards the end? Cersei can't possibly be the final boss, considering the emo state of Bran. I refuse to belive he kept being the cynic just for this joke of a battle.

Looks like you are ready to drop a deuce bro....just sayin :G

I've never watched a single minute of GoT:stuckup:

Jeffrey April 30th, 2019 03:23

I've watched a few minutes :D

Dandeer April 30th, 2019 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by pele10brazil (Post 22798683)

Did Jon abandon Sam? I kind of missed that. :eek:

dpforever10 April 30th, 2019 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by pele10brazil (Post 22798701)
And the Dragons should have scorched the zombie army way before they actually got to Winterfell.

The initial plan was for them to hold on until the NK shows up with his dragon and attack him with 2 dragons, 2 vs 1 should win... but after Dan saw what happened to the Dothraki she couldn't help but ride her dragon and start attacking, thus scrapping that plan