Xtratime Community

Xtratime Community (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/)
-   Xtratime Lounge (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/288-xtratime-lounge/)
-   -   notre dame :( (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/288-xtratime-lounge/486573-notre-dame.html)

mali April 15th, 2019 19:23

notre dame :(

is in fire.

mali April 15th, 2019 19:29

Reza April 15th, 2019 19:33

The spire collapsed :(

mali April 15th, 2019 19:47

camelface April 15th, 2019 19:49

Infinitely sad, sorry Mali

Andy Christ April 15th, 2019 20:27

Trump knows how to put it out:

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @REAL DonaldTrump

So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!

szövkap April 15th, 2019 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Christ (Post 22794533)

Donald J. Trump

So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!

don‘t americans hate anything french?

either way, shocking stuff

I still remember that fire in Chiado circa 1990, true there wasnt a fraction of media coverage about it back then but was similarly shocking

pele10brazil April 15th, 2019 21:00

Glad I got to see it before this. Terrible news...

szövkap April 15th, 2019 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by szövkap (Post 22794537)

I still remember that fire in Chiado circa 1990, true there wasnt a fraction of media coverage about it back then but was similarly shocking

1988, no live tv pictures, read about it circa 2 weeks later

Dagoods April 15th, 2019 21:11

Ero April 15th, 2019 21:12

Ah that sux, hope nobody was hurt. :thumbsup:

mali April 15th, 2019 21:29

nobody hurt, simply a part of our history in ashes.

BiHVolim April 15th, 2019 21:35

Wow, sad to see it go up in flames. I have been inside a decade ago, magnificent place.

Will be interesting to find out cause of fire. Maybe a simple electrical fault.

ToniSamp April 15th, 2019 21:51

Very sad about it.

Rodriguez April 15th, 2019 22:05

Terribly sad.

I understand that Dresden Cathedral was bombed during the Second World War, but they restored it very well. Of course a bombing and fire cause different types of damage, and the extent of the damage with Notre Dame is still not fully known. But we can hope that they can somehow restore it well.

Beaux Balkans April 15th, 2019 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodriguez (Post 22794571)
Terribly sad.

I understand that Dresden Cathedral was bombed during the Second World War, but they restored it very well. Of course a bombing and fire cause different types of damage, and the extent of the damage with Notre Dame is still not fully known. But we can hope that they can somehow restore it well.

The Dresdner raised money exclusively on private donations to restore their historical downtown after wwII. Really impressive act of solidarity by the Ossies.

I know Sanyi would dislike this.

Re Notre Dame, sad news indeed. The first reports on the cause mention short circuit current during restauration works.

mali April 15th, 2019 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodriguez (Post 22794571)
Terribly sad.

sure, it can't be as terrible as dresden or every towns bombed during the WW2.
i think that most of the artworks inside has been saved though. well i hope.

szövkap April 15th, 2019 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaux Balkans (Post 22794575)
The Dresdner raised money exclusively on private donations to restore their historical downtown after wwII. Really impressive act of solidarity by the Ossies.

I know Sanyi would dislike this.

Re Notre Dame, sad news indeed. The first reports on the cause mention short circuit current during restauration works.

you forgot to say, the Dresdners raised money exclusively from all over abroad, from westgermany to the new zealand, not one cent from local eastgerman money, just wonder why....lol at the solidarity by ossies

Morierinho April 15th, 2019 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Christ (Post 22794533)

Donald J. Trump

There's a conscientious developer talking.

Morierinho April 15th, 2019 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by szövkap (Post 22794537)

I just saw Come and Go by Joao Cesar Monteiro in a cinema and almost hoped Lisbon would burn down in the end. Not bad, but over 3 hrs...