Xtratime Community

Xtratime Community (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/)
-   Vatreni - Croatian National Team (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/381-vatreni-croatian-national-team/)
-   -   EURO 2020 Qualifier: HRVATSKA vs Azerbaijan - March 21st, 2019 (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/381-vatreni-croatian-national-team/486167-euro-2020-qualifier-hrvatska-vs-azerbaijan-march-21st-2019-a.html)

Nepoznat February 4th, 2019 12:27

EURO 2020 Qualifier: HRVATSKA vs Azerbaijan - March 21st, 2019

UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying begins when the Vatreni host Azerbaijan on Matchday 1

Betting odds:

TBD

dinamozagreb86 February 4th, 2019 14:18

Should be a comfortable win. I'm talking about winning the whole Euros. Just crown us the champs already. :D

ForzaFiume February 4th, 2019 14:44

So being that we’re moving down leagues in UNL, we HAVE to finish 1st or 2nd in our group to advance, correct?

The Azeri’s might be the only ‘gimme’ here in terms of qualifiers. We can’t afford to sleep walk through this one and draw. Get a few goals on the board early and throw some subs in and roll to a comfortable victory. I don’t want that last second bullshit we usually do vs. teams below our level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ero_Hercegovac February 6th, 2019 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForzaFiume (Post 22763111)
So being that we’re moving down leagues in UNL, we HAVE to finish 1st or 2nd in our group to advance, correct?

The Azeri’s might be the only ‘gimme’ here in terms of qualifiers. We can’t afford to sleep walk through this one and draw. Get a few goals on the board early and throw some subs in and roll to a comfortable victory. I don’t want that last second bullshit we usually do vs. teams below our level.

If we somehow finish 3rd in the group we could possibly get a playoff chance through League A since most of those teams will qualify directly except maybe iceland

SPURS_LUKA_FAN February 6th, 2019 12:32

Just wondering about our RB and LB options with Vrsaljko and Pivaric out for the season and Strinic just coming back but not playing at Milan the obvious choice of course would be Jedvaj, but is Sosa or Barisic the first choice for LB. Does anyone else see Benkovic as a contender for this campaign yet, playing regular for Celtic and amongst the fans favourites now but obviously still qualifies for the U21 squad ?
Obviously this match should be the easiest but I ve got a feeling it will be tougher than we think! MY guess is 6-0!

croatian batman February 6th, 2019 13:45

Lovren is out for Azeribijan as well, I’d give Benkovic a go. He’s been good in scotland from everything I’ve read? I thinks Caleta-Car will play more Pongracic at Salzburg has been quite good from all reports. We have some cover there to be honest.

RB will be Jedvaj baring an injury there we really don’t have any cover. LB Sosa, Barisic, Bradaric or Leovac. Whomever is playing and playing well to be honest. I hope Sosa gets a run of games at Stuttgart.

HajdukSplit February 11th, 2019 20:47

Nikola Jurcevic is the new Azerbaijan manager

SuhoZD February 20th, 2019 09:36

I think we'll see something like this:

Kalinić - Jedvaj, Barišić, Ćaleta-Car, Vida - Brozović, Rakitić - Perišić, Modrić, Rebić - Kramarić.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Nepoznat February 20th, 2019 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuhoZD (Post 22771971)
I think we'll see something like this:

Kalinić - Jedvaj, Barišić, Ćaleta-Car, Vida - Brozović, Rakitić - Perišić, Modrić, Rebić - Kramarić.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Seems like the best we can do with the current injury and form situation

What is the status of Kalinić? I thought I read he was injured on the weekend

Ante February 20th, 2019 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nepoznat (Post 22772075)
Seems like the best we can do with the current injury and form situation

What is the status of Kalinić? I thought I read he was injured on the weekend

He walked out on us in the WC. Good riddance to him.

Nepoznat February 20th, 2019 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ante (Post 22772085)
He walked out on us in the WC. Good riddance to him.

Sorry for not being more clear, I meant #1 GK Lovre Kalinić

Ante February 20th, 2019 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nepoznat (Post 22772087)
Sorry for not being more clear, I meant #1 GK Lovre Kalinić

The Kalinic I was talking about got injured pulling splinters out of his a.ss on AM's bench. :D

Nepoznat February 27th, 2019 00:15

Darijo Srna to return to NT duty to cover RB position with Vatreni missing Vrsaljko and top 2 LBs??

Ero_Hercegovac February 27th, 2019 05:16

It's a good short term fill i guess with the opponents we have in March. I'd prefer to throw Bartolec into the fire for RB.

dinamozagreb86 February 27th, 2019 05:38

I'm with Ero H on this one. Prefer a young RB get a feel for the NT. Will probably see Jedvaj move to that position in all likelihood.

Ero February 27th, 2019 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinamozagreb86 (Post 22774821)
I'm with Ero H on this one. Prefer a young RB get a feel for the NT. Will probably see Jedvaj move to that position in all likelihood.

But man are we in trouble at that position, I'd have nothing against Darijo making a comeback and helping us these qualifiers.

dinamozagreb86 February 27th, 2019 10:54

Yep if that were to happen I wouldn't be against it either. Honestly, would be fun to watch him play for the NT again for a few games.

croatian batman February 27th, 2019 14:43

If we can’t beat Azerbaijan with Bartolec at RB we’re in trouble.

Leave Jedvaj at RB, Vida, Caleta-Car, Pongaric at CB and Bradaric/Barisic at LB. This backline should be enough for Azerbaijan and Hungary.

Ero February 27th, 2019 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by croatian batman (Post 22774935)
If we can’t beat Azerbaijan with Bartolec at RB we’re in trouble.

Leave Jedvaj at RB, Vida, Caleta-Car, Pongaric at CB and Bradaric/Barisic at LB. This backline should be enough for Azerbaijan and Hungary.

Probably, though we're missing Šime for the entire qualifiers.

szövkap February 27th, 2019 15:58

darn. that Srna guy will own us single-handedly :scared: