Xtratime Community

Xtratime Community (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/)
-   Computer & console gaming (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/140-computer-console-gaming/)
-   -   Detroit: Become Human (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/140-computer-console-gaming/481489-detroit-become-human.html)

Boyo April 11th, 2018 21:49

Detroit: Become Human

Apparently the gameplay is based on the story driven adventures Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. Very exciting. It seems it will be released in May of this year already. :cool:

Jeffrey April 11th, 2018 21:51

Looks amazing

Boyo April 12th, 2018 09:29

In the trailer alone you can already feel the chilling atmosphere that made Heavy Rain and Two Souls so good. And I think the concept, with the androids, is really something that people can relate to in light of the AI developments.

Ronaldwho? April 12th, 2018 23:18

Detroit (video game) Detroit is a turn-based business simulation game that puts one in charge of a fledgling automobile company starting in 1908 (the year the Ford Model T was introduced). The player is responsible for the financing, research and development, design, testing, production, and marketing of automobile product lines.

Jeffrey September 30th, 2018 08:28

Started playing it today, I like it a lot.

Carl and Markus are my favourite characters so far.

Jeffrey October 1st, 2018 08:14

The game just gets better and better. I keep fvcking up with the quick time events, though, hopefully I improve on those with repeated playthroughs. That's one of the game's strengths - there's so many branching paths to be explored. Kara and Connor are probably my favourite characters now.

Boyo October 1st, 2018 08:39

Are those quick time events like with their previous games, where you have to quickly press a button sequence?

Jeffrey October 1st, 2018 09:25

I haven't played those, but they sound like how you describe. The action sequences are some of the games high points - so exciting.

Like in one, a guy throws a punch at you, and you dodge right, naturally, by tilting the right analog in the correct direction. If you're too late, you take the hit.

Boyo October 1st, 2018 09:35

Yes, that's the same as in Heavy Rain and Two Souls. A bit tricky at first, but you get the hang of it as you grow in the game. :)

Jeffrey October 1st, 2018 09:45

Have you got the game, Boyo? I certainly recommend it.

Boyo October 1st, 2018 09:48

Not yet, but it's on my list. I haven't done of lot of gaming lately. Been too busy with other stuff.

Osman October 1st, 2018 11:08

I had it for a month, it's too good because my brother and sister hijacked it and played it nonstop so I could barely touch it.

So far what I played, it's way way way way better then Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit. didn't play beyond two souls.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Boyo October 1st, 2018 11:25

Sounds awesome! :cool:

Two Souls is scarier than Heavy Rain, but with a relatively similar gameplay. Two Souls is about death and demonic possession of a young girl. A bit like Poltergeist. It can be very frightening at times. But still a good game.

Jeffrey October 1st, 2018 11:29

The game looks so good, my brother thought I was watching a television drama for a moment as he took a glance at me playing.

One of my only complaints is how you can't explore sections of the environment.

Jeffrey October 1st, 2018 15:11

I'm nearing the end of the campaign, but earlier I made a colossal balls up which I'll hopefully rectify on my next play through.

Jeffrey October 1st, 2018 15:20

Boyo October 1st, 2018 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey (Post 22704901)
I'm nearing the end of the campaign, but earlier I made a colossal balls up which I'll hopefully rectify on my next play through.

If you're playing a game and are already looking forward to playing it again, then you know it's a good game. :)

Boyo October 1st, 2018 21:00

Exploring the environment was something you couldn't do in Heavy Rain and Two Souls either. I guess that's how Quantic Dream designs their games.

Jeffrey October 2nd, 2018 04:22

Completed my first play through earlier today. The campaign felt very meaty, quite a lengthy story. Considering the multiple playthroughs needed to unlock all the branching paths, this game has a ton of replay value. I got a terrible ending, so I've only scratched the surface. After the credits rolled, I immediately began my second campaign.

Jeffrey October 2nd, 2018 10:07

The story is really great. My aunt sat down earlier and watched as I played, and she was enjoying it. I doubt she's played a video game in her life.