Xtratime Community

Xtratime Community (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/)
-   Manchester City (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/174-manchester-city/)
-   -   Gael Clichy (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/174-manchester-city/260598-gael-clichy.html)

HOMESMOINA! July 4th, 2011 18:15

Gael Clichy

The new city signing Gael Clichy.

SM Online July 4th, 2011 19:00

14 Attachment(s)
I actually think he'll do well for you.

Can't deny I'm glad you beat us to him though.

CheapHandJobs July 4th, 2011 19:04

Really good signing for City. Signing one of your main rivals first team players sends out a huge message. Worrying times for Arsenal.

The Green One July 4th, 2011 19:51

Still not sure what to make of this.

If we want a defender who can't defend, we have Kolarov, who makes less howlers than Clichy does.

That said, he'll be playing in a decent defencive unit, which means he will be granted some cover.

I still am not impressed with it, although 7m isn't much at least.

Need to sell Bridge now.

Stanko 05 July 5th, 2011 03:58

:palm:

HOMESMOINA! July 5th, 2011 10:13

Salt The Fries July 5th, 2011 10:15

I think City needs a great RB more than anything, some world-class CM and a reasonable partner for Tevez...

I'm With Stupid July 5th, 2011 14:46

Have you actually watched us?

HOMESMOINA! July 5th, 2011 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm With Stupid (Post 8665295)

no he has not.

Salt The Fries July 5th, 2011 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm With Stupid (Post 8665295)

Yes, I have, but only at the beginning of the EPL season and also in Europa League.

Stanko 05 July 5th, 2011 16:18

So you do know a certian individual named Micah Richards :righton:

I'm With Stupid July 5th, 2011 16:40

Or Yaya Toure or Nigel De Jong?

pavnedved July 5th, 2011 16:51

Am I correct in saying Zabaleta remains your best LB? Even if you sell Bridge, I don't get the point in having 3 LBs in the squad...unless Kolarov is leaving too.

Maturin July 5th, 2011 16:58

That's the thing.

Zabaleta is the more solid fullback out of the three of them.

The thing with Clichy is that most just focus on his defensive lapses but his contribution offensively is not anything either. He will make the offensive runs all day long down the flank but his distribution, end product and composure when he gets into dangerous offensive positions has been weak.

I'm With Stupid July 5th, 2011 17:13

Zabaleta isn't a left back. He's just played there sometimes.

Maturin July 5th, 2011 17:14

When he plays there he's better than Clichy.

The Green One July 5th, 2011 18:53

Zabaleta is a better full back than Clichy, but he is not a left-back, Clichy is. He can play at left back, but he is certainly not a left-back, nor should he be first choice there.

And WTF Salt and Fries? Yaya Toure not a World Class CM?

Salt The Fries July 6th, 2011 07:04

As far as RB is concerned, you've bought Boateng, wasted him and you're planning to let him go, so you need another one. In regards to Yaya, he is a world-class, but his partners are not. That's what I specifically meant. Especially Gareth Barry could've been replaced with someone classier.

The Green One July 6th, 2011 14:12

Boateng was signed to play anywhere across the back, got injured, and now wants to leave. We haven't wasted him, he quite simply hasn't been available enough to be an important part of the side. We have Richards and Zabaleta for right back. Now we've signed Savic to cover CB and RB.

And De Jong isn't world class?

Salt The Fries July 6th, 2011 14:44

He's great, but I had more creative (it isn't his forte) players in mind...Not typical #10 like Silva, but someone like Lucho Gonzalez for a CM (not saying that you need him, but this is the type of a player I have in mind).