Xtratime Community

Xtratime Community (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/)
-   The Sports Bar (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/139-sports-bar/)
-   -   NHL thread (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/139-sports-bar/256092-nhl-thread.html)

Styg December 12th, 2010 11:46

NHL thread

More of this kind of stuff please :thumbsup:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...ckey-fight.jpg

Roger Johnson February 23rd, 2011 18:25

I'm going to see the Pittsburgh Penguins play on April 5th. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

Petrinha March 13th, 2011 23:27

What, hardly anybody follows hockey in here? :D

Cool for Pens game Dupont, envy u badly !!! They r my 2nd fave after my Sens that r a disaster this season but at least they r tanking so they get some good player in the draft this year lol ... these 2 play on tuesday, hope to see if i manage to stay awake ...

HajdukSplit March 14th, 2011 00:08

I like hockey, the Western Conference is very tight but living on the east coast I can barely keep track whats going on. In the East most of the playoff teams seem set but there are a good 5-6 teams fighting for the 7th/8th spots.

My early Stanley Cup pick is Detroit vs. Philly

Roger Johnson March 14th, 2011 08:32

Yes, Philly is looking very strong.

Pens have gone off the boil a bit. :thmbdown:

voka_gsw March 14th, 2011 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
My early Stanley Cup pick is Detroit vs. Philly

You're playing it safe with that prediction, though I'd go with Canucks to make the finals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dupont
Pens have gone off the boil a bit.

It's amazing that they're doing this good, considering that they're missing a certain injured player..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrinha
They r my 2nd fave after my Sens

Sens fan? I sympathize. ;)

Petrinha March 15th, 2011 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by voka_gsw (Post 8454949)
Sens fan? I sympathize. ;)

lol tnx :D i tell ya, they r doing it all on a purpose :)
Anyhow am following hockey since that Oympics 1994 in Lillehammer, that's where my love for the game and the unlucky Kariya started ... followed Mighty Ducks coz of him in the following 2 seasones then after he left and few years without a fav club started to follow more Sens after seeing them in real in the season when Chara and Spezza came 2001 or 2002 and since then am Sens in bad and worse :)

Yeah Pens dropped a bit, but still doing good even with injuries, happy Crosby is back on ice ...
About finals d go as well on Flyers -Canucks, they should remain strong without Prongie till the poffs, as a friend of mine says, so we can watch Sedins cry when Prongie abuses them :D

We shall see, cannot wait for the poffs :cool:

voka_gsw March 17th, 2011 06:52

Kariya! Havent heard that name in a while.. My all time favorite players are Sakic and Forsberg, ah the good old days. Unfortunately, that team is now sucking big time.

It seems we all expect Flyers in the finals, no love for the Caps..

HajdukSplit March 17th, 2011 19:32

to me the Capitals don't play good enough defensively to win the Stanley Cup, but then again they and the Penguins will get every call in the book from the referees (yes I believe those conspiracies :pp). Also if they are not careful, they could lose their division lead to the Lightning

I think if the Devils sneak into the playoffs they will be a dangerous team, their trap system is very good and they only need 2-3 goals to win a game lately.

Roger Johnson March 18th, 2011 21:43

Crosby nearly ready to return.

Reza March 18th, 2011 21:47

Go Habs Go

Nothing else needs to be said

Roger Johnson March 18th, 2011 21:48

Sid the Kid will get ya!

HajdukSplit March 19th, 2011 03:56

with the Devils' loss to the Caps that practically eliminates them from the playoffs unless they win something like 9 of their final 11 games

Rangers have a hot streak right now despite not playing well, but they still can't distance themselves from teams like Carolina and Buffalo for the 7th/8th spot...those are the three teams in contention for the final two spots, teams like NJ, Toronto and Atlanta need to go on a big run

Petrinha March 20th, 2011 00:41

Kinda sad for the Devils after these 2 loses, don't wanna think it's the end of that magical run and comeback from 27 to 6 pts to the poffs, really had a soft sport for them after all ... d be hard, Koval, even a beastie, looking tired lately but well, all is possible ... Buffalo(even with 2 games this weekend) & Carolina might be catcheable ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by voka_gsw (Post 8460647)
Kariya! Havent heard that name in a while.. My all time favorite players are Sakic and Forsberg, ah the good old days. Unfortunately, that team is now sucking big time.

It seems we all expect Flyers in the finals, no love for the Caps..

Yeah, good old times, seen Forsberg first time at these Oliympics as well, was looking forward when he came back to NHL even it lasted shortly ... Sakic is of croatian origines, so tracked her career as well :)

About Caps, nahhh we love them :D And speaking of them how is Backstrom's thumb and Ovy's wrist? Red some conspiracy theories on his performances ... i mean it's not that he is a bloody machine neither a team himslef.

voka_gsw March 21st, 2011 05:10

PK Subban scored 3 goals! :D

Petrinha March 21st, 2011 23:37

ehehe saw that hat trick, an all around rookie :D

Roger Johnson March 22nd, 2011 04:04

Getting close to when I see the Penguins now. April 5th.:heart:

voka_gsw March 23rd, 2011 08:37

Well, Caps beat Flyers today. I'm hoping there'll be an epic playoff battle in the East..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dupont
Getting close to when I see the Penguins now. April 5th.

Get some nice pictures for us. ;)

.BLAUGRANA. March 24th, 2011 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by voka_gsw (Post 8468635)
PK Subban scored 3 goals! :D

Crazy.

BTW, classless comments from Recchi.

Anyway...

HajdukSplit April 3rd, 2011 16:47

Most teams have 3-4 games to go in the season and playoff races are tight in both the east and the west as expected.

In the East, 5 teams have already clinched (Capitals, Flyers, Bruins, Penguins & Lightning) while 5 teams fight for the final three spots. The Canadiens are the cloest to doing it, I think one win will be enough. Sabres, Rangers, Hurricanes are fighting for realistically the 7th and 8th spots and they are separated by two points. Hard to believe the Rangers put themselves in this position, last week they were within shot of the 6th spot. Canes have played very well the past few weeks. Leafs have an outside chance, currently three points out but with three games to go, they need scoreboard help and they will probably have to win all three remaining games

1. Washington 79 103
2. Philadelphia 78 102
3. Boston 78 99

4. Pittsburgh 79 100
5. Tampa Bay 78 97

6. Montreal 79 91
7. Buffalo 78 88
8. NY Rangers 78 87
-----------------------
9. Carolina 78 86
10. Toronto 79 84
11. Atlanta 78 78
12. New Jersey 78 77
13. NY Islanders 79 72
14. Ottawa 79 70
15. Florida 79 70

In the west only three teams officially clinched (Canucks, Sharks, Red Wings) but they should be joined by the Kings, Coyotes and Predators in the next few days. Ducks, Blackhawks, Flames and Stars fighting for two places. Flames seem practically out because they only have two games left while despite the Stars being behind the Flames they have 4 games to go

1. Vancouver 79 113
2. San Jose 78 101
3. Detroit 78 100

4. Los Angeles 78 96
5. Phoenix 79 96
6. Nashville 79 95
7. Anaheim 78 93
8. Chicago 77 93
--------------------------
9. Calgary 79 89
10. Dallas 77 87
11. Minnesota 78 82
12. Columbus 78 81
13. St. Louis 78 80
14. Colorado 77 66
15. Edmonton 78 59

I think the race in the East is better, there are still two divisions up for grab and the race for 7th/8th should be interesting. In the west there are more teams involved in the race but pretty much the current top 8 should make it in my opinion