Xtratime Community banner

Ognjen Vranjes

4K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  DelijaZauvjek 
#1 ·
19 year old Bosnian defender playing as a starter for Red Star Belgrade. He played for Borac Banja Luka and was their best defender as an 18 year old.

Red Star fans are already comparing him to Nemanja Vidic. This is what a Serbian Red Star Belgrade fan said about him:

Why hasn't Ciro called up Ognjen Vranjes yet? I'm telling you, from what I've seen this guy is a raging bull on defense. He reminds me a lot of Vidic, and he's faster than Vidic too.

Ciro better call him up, before Antic gets his hands on him.
He even says he's faster than Vidic. Having a Bosnian Serb dad and Bosniak mom, he has choice to play for Serbia and Bosnia, but he's leaning towards Bosnia more. He's played for the Bosnian U21 team, and in the first game ever for U21, he scored 2 goals as a defender overpowering the Montenegrins 3-2.

He resembles Nemanja Vidic in many ways, but as well as looks :D

He's tall, strong, fearless, and quite quick. For a 19 year old, he's a hell of a defender. Godwilling, he can become a bright defender playing for a top 3 league in the future. He has every potential to do so.

See less See more
#3 ·
Seriously do Serbia and Bosnia have some kind of factory?

#4 ·
:howler:

This dude is not even a starter at a Red Star team that is our worst in history. He's barely had a chance to play, but in his defence, he is one of the younger players in this squad and we're not exactly an environment to grow in right now.

Tomovic is at least 4 years older and right now, much better, but Vranjes will get his chance next season when all of our foreigners and best players get sold in an attempt to save the club.

But the Vidic comparison is hilarious, mate I watched both and he doesn't even come close..

#6 ·
Funny how Ognjen is leaning towards Bosnia when he actually considers himself as being serb on Zvezdas official website :howler:

Anyways, at least he likes Vidić like you said..

#7 ·
I saw him play in our last game, he didnt look to bad but to say he is better than Tomovic and liking him to Vidic is a joke.

#8 ·
He's pretty good for his age and played well when he got a chance. I don't know where that guy is getting the Vidic comparison from they have little in common. Right now Tomovic is better but hes older.

I don't know if he's leaning towards Bosnia, he came to Serbia when he could have went somewhere else, his favourite player is Vidic, he considers himself a Serb, he wrote his Red Star bio in cirilica...

#9 ·
Vidic at Oggy's age wasn't even a starter..

And Vranjes started in the last 3-4 games for Red Star and he didn't make one mistake, according to Red Star fans.

Actually no, I wasn't comparing Vidic and Oggy in terms of skill. That's coming from a fellow Red Star fan. I was comparing his looks though, and he sort of has similar body type as well.

#12 ·
I dont think he has started 3-4 games i think it was just the last one(maybe two) because before that Tomovic and Tutoric were playing constantly as cbs. And not making one mistake is a lie, he made one last week luckily Stamenkovic bailed him out.

#10 ·
Nemanja was a starter as soon as he came back from his loan at Spartak Subotica, that was when Zoran Filipović (current Montenegro coach) took care of the team back in 2001-2002-season, so of course he was a starter back then.

#14 ·
And a Cetnik he shall be :D

#17 ·
Remember when they thought Subotic was going to play for them? haha
With the way Subotic played today im glad he choose Serbia,Janko and Okotie made him their little bitch today.

#18 ·
Please if he played for Bosnia he would be you best defender FACT lmao. We kept a clean sheet and your defense copped two from Belgium haha have bosnia kept clean sheet this campaign? please don't tell me your gonna count the two minnows.

#19 ·
Did you watch the game today,the guy looked lost out there and was easily turned by Okotie,and that horrible mistake on Janko;s shot was amateur like.Im not making this BiH vs Serbia im just saying the guy is overrated.This is only my opinion on the player

Please if he played for Bosnia he would be you best defender FACT
I used to think that too

#29 ·
Did you watch the game today,the guy looked lost out there and was easily turned by Okotie,and that horrible mistake on Janko;s shot was amateur like.Im not making this BiH vs Serbia im just saying the guy is overrated.This is only my opinion on the player

I used to think that too
The real question is did you watch the game or just the highlights off of youtube. If you watched the game you would have known that he only made 3 mistakes the whole game and made some ridiculously good tackles and didn't miss one clearing of the ball when he went to head it. He's only 20 as well and you know damn straight you wish he played for you guys. The end :)

#20 ·
We kept a clean sheet and your defense copped two from Belgium haha have bosnia kept clean sheet this campaign please don't tell me your gonna count the two minnows.
Congratulations,where in any of my posts do you see me arguing that BiH have a better defense than Serbia.

#21 ·
Actually he was very solid in the first half but when Vidic went of with injury and our defense had to reshuffle he found it more difficult nothing you wouldn't expect from a 20yo and if you noticed they targeted Dragotinovic using Okotie at every opportunity there was no way he was ever gonna keep up with him so Subotic had to cover for Dragotinovic thats when he got turned and nothing major happened afterwards. He made one miss judgement witch allowed Janko to shoot outside the box. So i dont know why you would say "Janko and Okotie made him their little bitch today." its not like they scored or anything he's only 20 he's going to be a star in the future lol Vranjes is 19 and he's not even a regular at Zvezda so i don't understand why such harsh criticism on Subotic, do you have something against him cause he chose Serbia?

#22 ·
do you have something against him cause he chose Serbia?
No, after watching some Dortmund games and this one today i noticed he often makes mistakes and falls out of plays quite easily . Im just giving my opinion on what iv seen so far from him.The one thing he does well is score goals from corners and crosses.After reading couple of interviews with him it was easy to see that He was never going to play for BiH so its not like we had him and lost him.

#23 ·
No, after watching some Dortmund games and this one today i noticed he often makes mistakes and falls out of plays quite easily . Im just giving my opinion on what iv seen so far from him.The one thing he does well is score goals from corners and crosses.After reading couple of interviews with him it was easy to see that He was never going to play for BiH so its not like we had him and lost him.
So the one thing he does well is score goals i wonder why he's not a striker? The kids a good defender that has the potential to be amazing he is a NT player at the age of 20 obviously he can do at least one thing well defensively as well. And i still don't understand why you said "Janko and Okotie made him their little bitch today." were you watching the correct game?

#24 ·
No , he shut both of them down every time one of them was near him,they couldnt breathe with the way he was on them.He is the next Jon Terry .Look man i think the guy is overhyped and you think hes gods gift to defenders.This will be my last post on this,good luck to your NT and Subotic in future matches.

#27 ·
Jesus, seems like I've got a stalker :thmbdown:

I actually thougt it was myself who posted that for a second.

#30 ·
Shit i thought it was you that posted that :howler:

#32 ·
Very strange IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.