Xtratime Community banner

Who do you prefer for our right wing?

Romania-Russia...Preparation game (26 March)

5K views 255 replies 18 participants last post by  DacoRoman 
#1 ·
Romania vs Russia

vs

26 March (20:30)

Steaua stadium

Currently these are the "foreigners" called up:

Cosmin Contra (Getafe), George Ogăraru (Ajax Amsterdam), Gabriel Tamaş (Auxerre), Ştefan Radu (Lazio Roma), Răzvan Raţ (Şahtior Doneţk), Cristian Chivu (Internazionale Milano), Florentin Petre (ŢSKA Sofia), Răzvan Cociş (Lokomotiv Moscova), Marius Niculae (Inverness), Daniel Niculae (Auxerre), Ciprian Marica (VfB Stuttgart) şi Adrian Mutu (Fiorentina).

See less See more
#2 ·
Previous games against USSR/Russia...

1957 USSR - Romania 1-1 (Friendly)
1959 USSR - Romania 2-0 (EURO qualifiers)
1959 Romania - USSR 0-0 (EURO qualifiers)
1973 USSR - Romania 2-0 (Friendly)
1975 Romania - USSR 2-2 (Friendly)
1978 Romania - USSR 0-1 (Friendly)
1979 USSR - Romania 3-1 (Friendly)
1985 USSR - Romania 2-0 (Friendly)
1986 Romania - USSR 2-1 (Friendly)
1990 Romania - USSR 2-0 (World Cup 1990)
1990 USSR - Romania 1-2 (Friendly)
2003 Russia "B" - Romania "B" 4-2 (Unofficial game)

#4 ·
This is virtually the last chance for any kind of tests. The next and last friendly will be with the final squad already selected, and of course Piturca won´t take any new player without using him in a friendly.

Except for the ones coming from injuries, like Zicu or Radoi, who may be called if they reach a good form because they already were part of the team, nobody who isn´t in this selection will go to the euro. The only thing left to decide will be between the squad players like Bucur, Bratu, Trica and Cristea.

#5 ·
He will Keep M.Niculae, bring Radoi.

He will call Cristea and forget Trica.

he will call Bucur and not Bratu.

Piti has trends, I don't see him taking any risks.

#6 ·
Russia squad

Goalkeepers: Igor Akinfeev (PFC CSKA Moskva), Vladimir Gabulov (FC Amkar Perm), Vyacheslav Malafeev (FC Zenit St. Petersburg).

Defenders: Aleksandr Anyukov (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Aleksei Berezutski (PFC CSKA Moskva), Vasili Berezutski (PFC CSKA Moskva), Sergei Ignashevich (PFC CSKA Moskva), Denis Kolodin (FC Dinamo Moskva).

Midfielders: Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (FC Lokomotiv Moskva), Dmitri Torbinskiy (FC Lokomotiv Moskva), Vladimir Bystrov (FC Spartak Moskva), Yuri Zhirkov (PFC CSKA Moskva), Konstantin Zyrianov (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Roman Shirokov (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Marat Izmailov (Sporting Clube de Portugal), Igor Semshov (FC Dinamo Moskva).

Forwards: Roman Adamov (FC Moskva), Roman Pavlyuchenko (FC Spartak Moskva), Dmitri Sychev (FC Lokomotiv Moskva), Pavel Pogrebnyak (FC Zenit St. Petersburg).

No Arshavin and Kerzhakov

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/news/kind=1/newsid=673553.html

#11 ·
Arshavin won´t be available in the first 2 games in EURO, right?

And about the result, you are too pessimistic. I don´t expect a comfortable win for Romania at all. I just hope they show good football and an efficient display. The result is not so important in a friendly, but a win is good for the moral.

I´ve seen that Ovidiu Petre has been playing quite decent lately (even scoring some goals). It´s funny that now that I think he really deserves a call-up he can be punished for his stupid red card against Israel.

#12 ·
Arshavin won´t be available in the first 2 games in EURO, right?

And about the result, you are too pessimistic. I don´t expect a comfortable win for Romania at all. I just hope they show good football and an efficient display. The result is not so important in a friendly, but a win is good for the moral.

I´ve seen that Ovidiu Petre has been playing quite decent lately (even scoring some goals). It´s funny that now that I think he really deserves a call-up he can be punished for his stupid red card against Israel.
Same here, I agree.

#13 ·
Russia will be without strikers Andrei Arshavin and Aleksandr Kerzhakov for their friendly away against fellow UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifiers Romania on 26 March.

Time to adapt
Guus Hiddink has opted to omit the pair for the trip to the Steaua Stadium in Bucharest as Arshavin is due to serve a two-match ban which will keep him out of Russia's first two Group D games – against Spain and holders Greece – in Austria and Switzerland this summer. Kerzhakov, who returned to his homeland to join FC Dinamo Moskva from Sevilla FC last month, has been given more time to re-adjust to life in Russia after his move.

Izmailov opening
In their absence, Hiddink has turned to Sporting Clube de Portugal midfielder Marat Izmailov – who won the last of his 31 caps in October 2006 and is seen as a possible replacement for the creative Arshavin for this summer's finals – although 1. FC Nürnberg forward Ivan Saenko is also left out. FC Moskva forward Roman Adamov and Roman Shirokov, who has impressed since dropping back into defence from his usual midfield role, are the only uncapped players in the squad having been called up for the first time for last month's training camp in Turkey.

Russia squad
Goalkeepers: Igor Akinfeev (PFC CSKA Moskva), Vladimir Gabulov (FC Amkar Perm), Vyacheslav Malafeev (FC Zenit St. Petersburg).

Defenders: Aleksandr Anyukov (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Aleksei Berezutski (PFC CSKA Moskva), Vasili Berezutski (PFC CSKA Moskva), Sergei Ignashevich (PFC CSKA Moskva), Denis Kolodin (FC Dinamo Moskva).

Midfielders: Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (FC Lokomotiv Moskva), Dmitri Torbinskiy (FC Lokomotiv Moskva), Vladimir Bystrov (FC Spartak Moskva), Yuri Zhirkov (PFC CSKA Moskva), Konstantin Zyrianov (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Roman Shirokov (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Marat Izmailov (Sporting Clube de Portugal), Igor Semshov (FC Dinamo Moskva).

Forwards: Roman Adamov (FC Moskva), Roman Pavlyuchenko (FC Spartak Moskva), Dmitri Sychev (FC Lokomotiv Moskva), Pavel Pogrebnyak (FC Zenit St. Petersburg).

#18 ·
We will have links , many of them..

there will be media player, sopcast, ect.ect.ect.

and even live streams from websites probably.

It will be easy to view.

Yea, Costea and Prep can go to B team.

Although Cristea from Iasi deserves to be in the B team too.

#20 · (Edited)
Bogdan Lobonţ (FC Dinamo Bucureşti) şi Marius Popa (FC Politehnica 1921 Ştiinţa Timişoara) – portari

Cosmin Contra (Getafe CF), George Ogăraru (AFC Ajax Amsterdam), Gabriel Tamaş (AJ Auxerre), Dorin Goian (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Cristian Chivu (FC Internazionale Milano), Răzvan Raţ (FC Şahtior Doneţk) şi Laszlo Sepsi (SL Benfica) – fundaşi

Florentin Petre (TSKA Sofia), Bănel Nicoliţă (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Răzvan Cociş (FC Lokomotiv Moscova), Ovidiu Petre, Mirel Rădoi, Nicolae Dică (toţi, FC Steaua Bucureşti), Marian Aliuţă (FC Politehnica 1921 Ştiinţa Timişoara) – mijlocaşi

Adrian Mutu (Fiorentina), Ciprian Marica (VfB Stuttgart), Daniel Niculae (AJ Auxerre), Marius Niculae (Inverness) – atacanţi

Yuck... Bad choices... Same team. Aliuta new. Niculae and Sepsi also, but that was quite clear.

#23 ·
Aliuta is going to be exciting, I hope he is in euro 2008.

With DICA's form he could be a starter, and maybe on that right side we need so badly?

And yeah, Sepsi is there for Radu.

he won't make euro 2008 though.

2 player per position, Radu and Rat are the two to pick.

#25 ·
Haha Claudiu you actually mentioned Aliuta a while ago, when nobody believed he could be called. Next surprise will be Sorin radoi then:tongue:

This shows that in his strange vision Piturca is looking for solutions. I don´t get why he ignores Costea tough.

Strange thing abouit Trica too, when he was in his best form.

#28 ·
yeah, I can see him being the sinmartean for Romania, hate to say it, but a "hagi like" threat.

And he could be lethal with Mutu, take the attention of Mutu then bang.

Next thing you know Mutu is un marked because Aliuta has such pace, dribbling ability, a threat.

I think Piti is thinking this too, because everyone thinks MUTU is the creative player, and MUTU is everything.

Man all we need if Aliuta is on the pitch, we require Mutu to finish!!!!!!!

Right now DICA is a bench player behind Aliuta.
And for Trica, his attitude is horrible.
I hope he doesn't even go to the B team.

And Costea deserves B team, if he does well there.. we can think about him.

But I have a problem with bringing in players days before the tournament, If Costea was getting a call, it would have been now.

Unless 1 of those players get injured ( I.e. Radu/Sepsi )
Costea will have to wait for world cup.

#26 ·
I think Piturca simply dislikes Trica's mentality... even Tunarul told me about numerous occasions where Trica simply talked crap...

#27 ·
and about Aliuta... he's a typical Romanian AM... we have plenty of them but none made the cut to the NT... he'll bring back memories of our days when we fielded technical players instead of fighters

#30 ·
It's too late though.

If Aliuta can impress v Russia, he has to go with him.

It would be shit to make last second decisions between two talented players.

Zicu is great, but he also has been invincible for the most part except that 90th minute goal.

It should come down to who's most fit, and who can play best v Montenegro.

But seriously, shouldn't happen.. Piti shouldn't have left shit this late, Israel was the time to test Aliuta.

#32 ·
They both should be in the 23, but I'm mentioning who gets the nod for starting position.

Piti should have that by now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.