Xtratime Community banner

Vote for your new BiH FM:

Resignation.

3K views 74 replies 20 participants last post by  Bosanac 
#1 ·
Hi there my fellow forumites, i would like to inform you of my decision to resign as FM of our beloved forum effective the moment we find a willing and admin endorsed replacement.

I have had a great time fulfilling the role and have given it my best even though some will strongly disagree but i don't care :D. On a more serious note i believe time has come to pass on the batton to a new face. I think the forum has really matured over the last 12 months and am confident that with a change of guard and a varried new approach it can only improve even further. I also think it makes perfect sense to make this transition now, as this year, one of our more successfull ones, winds down and a new one comes knocking.

Apart from this, my commitment to the role is sure to wind down as i am proud to announce my wife has recently graced me with a beautiful little girl (that's why i was away for a while lately) that will take up most of my free home time. I will still be a regular poster as i get some free time at work but won't have the time to moderate threads and forums.

Anyway please note that Velez1922, BozniaN and Zloca have already been nominated. All 3 are very regular posters on our forum and contribute a great deal of good. Manijak and others are free to nominate more candidates but please be serious as only appropriate nominations will be considered by the amins. I will create a poll for everyone to have their say election style pending the nominated posters agree first.

Thank you all very much for your patience and support during my long reign (22 bloody months) and best of luck to whoever takes over.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm sorry to see you go. I want to congratulate you on your baby daughter, and wish you the best of luck with the new born child.
Back to topic; unlike our FA certain people know when to step down, unfortunately in this case you did the job as FM very well and I'm sorry see you go.
I hope you stay a regular and give us your great input.
Caos
Zloca
P.S. Thank you for nomination as FM

#4 ·
Well Bosanac, its a sad day mate. I cant believe its been that long but I still remember the day I got you over here. (since I knew you from that other forum) From day one I knew you were a level-headed, sincere guy, that just loves to talk about BIH football and footy in general. And I had no doubt you would attract many people with your perspective. You have done an awesome job keeping this forum civil.

Congrats again on your daugther. I hope for all the best, and if she turns out anything like you, the world will have a well-rounded person running around. (which these days, we badly need)

I'm glad to hear that you will still be around regularly.

#5 ·
Yep you did a great job Bosanac! Now you can just sit down, relax and let other people delete your posts :thumbsup: :)

Congrats becoming a dad, that means that you wont have time to sit down, relax and let other people delete your posts. :)

I hope the admins choose VELEZ as new FM otherwise Zloca will ban the shit out of me for being mean against pitars :D

#6 ·
I don't ban people, I just am hard on people :) (I did request BDS to be banned lol)

#9 ·
I have been thinking of quitting as well. As I have been on for over 4yrs as well. However, I do want to leave the place in good order.

1. I think the Intro/Photo thread will invite more people to the forums. If people get a chance to know more about others they are more likley to stay on. That creates discussion and that is what we want.

2. I have an idea in terms of moderators. (and this is where I would quit ) If we consider potential, where the BIH forum can gain, it would be the outside posters. There is great potential for Serbs and Croats to take part in discussion. However, I think when there is no visible person they can relate to on the BIH forum, they are much less likely to post. If they see also a Serb and Croat mod here, I think it makes it much more likley. On top of that, I would hope it would bring more Bosnian Serbs and Croats to the forum. Someone like DedinjeDisciple would be good, as he favours BIH, is very level-headed, posts quiet a bit, has quiet a bit of knowledge, but considers himself Serb. We need to represent the BIH pop. even here.

I am not for politics. I dont want to get this forum into that. However, the things that have went on with our FA has shown us that in BIH, politics and fudbal are intertwined. And I see the discussion on that front, as important as the discussion about the results of the national team, and how the clubs in BIH do. The Serbs and Croats perspective is important in this case, because all these problems can not be solved by one party. And I think the mistake we have made is not making this forum as diverse to make everyone feel welcome.

If we have three solid mods, I dont think we will have problems. The only thing we can ask is that there are no insults, but heated discussion will be there. Look, I'd love to talk results, BIH NT and league, but there are a lot of underlying problems in BIH fudbal that unfortunatley are taking the big stage. To stay quiet, to not address, is not doing anybody a favour.

Personally, my absence has been largley due to these underlying issues. All we can do is stay quiet, but thats get us nowhere. I dont feel like talking about the NT, or even the league, when you know there is corruption, and when you are just plain unsure of the motivation of some. So creating an open dialogue is the only way. This forum is not being used to its full potential if we have one side complaining, and we see no other perspective.

#10 ·
Honestly, both of you do a great job, and in my opinion you two are sitting in that seat for a reason. Having said that, bringing in Serbs and Croats is a great idea, but when those people don't consider them selfs our ethnicity what good do they do moderating this forum.
In my opinion the only one that can be considered is Ero; do to the fact that he is proud to be from Mostar, but still doesn't consider himself from BiH doesn't help the situation.
DedinjeDisciple is also a great guy, but he isn't active enough to be the FM of this section.
This is just my input, I'm not here to judge, just express my opinion.

#11 ·
Zloca said:
Honestly, both of you do a great job, and in my opinion you two are sitting in that seat for a reason. Having said that, bringing in Serbs and Croats is a great idea, but when those people don't consider them selfs our ethnicity what good do they do moderating this forum.
In my opinion the only one that can be considered is Ero; do to the fact that he is proud to be from Mostar, but still doesn't consider himself from BiH doesn't help the situation.
DedinjeDisciple is also a great guy, but he isn't active enough to be the FM of this section.
This is just my input, I'm not here to judge, just express my opinion.
Well, let me tell you what I saw in terms of DedinjeDisciple. (btw, I dont even know if he would be interested)

First off, Serbs are definetley not taking part in the BIH forum. Some did before, but there has been so much fightning that we have stayed to our corners. Bosnian Serbs are staying away because they see this forum as just Bosniaks.

So to expect to get someone who is an active poster on the BIH forum is probably not realistic. However, DedinjeDisciple has over 1300posts and he has been around maybe 5-6 months. That is a lot of posts in that span of time. And I've checked them out and they are quality posts. The guy seems very level headed and mature (for 19). I was 18 when I became the mod here. And he has BIH listed as one of his favoured countries. He's made quiet a few posts here as well and they have always been very positive and mature. So that is the type of person we need, I think anyways.

There is definetley quiet a few names out there, but just using DD as an example, that there is indeed some people out there who do qualify IMO.

#12 ·
Manijak I think you should stay, I dont think the forum has ever been so calm as it is now (atleast the not 2 years Ive been here)

I wouldnt mind if lets say Ero or Dedinje were mods here but I doubt it would bring more Serbs and Croats to the forum. I also think that you and Bosanac have been fair when it comes to warnings/bans so Serbs and Croats doesnt need to feel like they're not welcome here just because 2 Bosnians are mods.

Only way to get lots of new members would be to advertise this forum in big BiH communities who arent mainly about sport and football, sarajevo-x, SuperBosna(?) etc. Think the Macedonians did the same thing.

#13 ·
And about people that dont consider themselve part of BIH. Well, the situation is that a lot of people dont, and would have it some other way if they could. That is the situation. I want to see a good moderator in this position. You can be extreme one way or the other, but good mods are good mods. I expect my general opinion to be represented here, but I will not complain that another one is being expressed as well.

#14 ·
Despite our differences in the past, I still like to read and post in your forum at times and the same can't be said for some other forums on XT. It's well moderated and I don't feel like I'm not welcome to share my views on football here.

The three nominees are all good guys IMO and Adnan should have been added to the list, had he not become XT's enemy :D.

#15 ·
Only way to get lots of new members would be to advertise this forum in big BiH communities who arent mainly about sport and football, sarajevo-x, SuperBosna(?) etc. Think the Macedonians did the same thing.
Lets say we got people from those sites. If we are going to get into arguments, which is absolutley guranteed with the things we have to discuss, the biggest problem occurs when the moderators have to step in, and one sides starts feeling they are being outnumbered and their things are being unfairly edited, locked, etc.

I guess I want to hear people's opinion, I've been on here kind of long, and I definetley dont want to turn into an Usanovic. I'd like to improve the forum, whether I stay or go. Otherwise, I have a feeling Zloca and you will be knocking on my door to take me down ;) lol

#17 ·
Hey guys used to be a regular here but dunno what happend. Either way from what I know Bosanac you have done a great job here which is why usually this forum usually stays on the topic of footbal and doesnt get too political which is great. Congrats on the birth of your daughter man !!!

#20 ·
Congratulations Bosanac :thumbsup:

There is a nice core of posters in the BiH forum who have been here for a while now, and of course more active posters wouldn't hurt.

I understand the toughts by wanting Croatian and Serbian forumers to post more activly in this forum. Now, I haven't been active on this forum in months so I can't tell the situation now, but I haven't seen many Serbian posters being interested in Bosnian football or the NT in ways except when it is involving bosnian-serbian football or such. On the Croatian side it has been mostly the same, some people posting when it's about Siroki Brijeg etc but generally not showing any interest in Bosnian football or the NT. I think it will be very hard to attract forumers of the two bordering countries who will be active posters in several BiH topics.

I would support a Serbian or Croatian poster who has a big interest in BiH football and NT in general to be a moderator on our forum, seing that he is qualifed and respected of course by the other people on the forum.
This is not so much about what nationality you are really, it's more about having someone who can show that he is truely interested in BiH Football.

#22 ·
thank you all for the well wishes and show of support - it's really touching

Manijak, i really like how you are always on the lookout to improve the forum but when it comes to picking mods based on ethnicity i will have to disagree. I hate the try-presidency bullshit setup in BiH and i hate the fact that our FA has people in charge along ethnic lines as opposed to who the best person for the job is. However, i do agree with you 100% that the forum has great potential to attract posters from neighbouring countries/forums. I hope they do not feel ostracised from visiting but if they do i think the new mod can take that on board and work towards rectifying the problem. This is not an invitation to the trouble makers to come over and flame shit. I will create a poll so the forumers can have their say on who the prefered FM is.

Fo the record I too think Ero would make a good FM but i doubt that he is interested in such a role or that he would be comfortable dealing with certain issues and/or posters when the need arose.

#23 ·
Basically, to re-iterate once again why I like this idea:

1) If you currently consider the biggest discussion points about BIH Football they are:

a) Corruption b) organization of the savez.

And all of these items result in threads and comments that are along political lines. Everyone has a different opinion on what should happen. We need to hear that, and we are not.

Personally, I come here a lot and see my opinion being written, but others we dont see. But I dont think its doing anybody a favour.

There are interesting things to discuss, watching news events, some interesting points have been brought up by Croat and Serb components on their vision and their ideas on how things have to function.

To use an example. It seems most Bosniaks blame the savez, blame the organization for our failures in not making it to big tournaments...but really, is that the problem or is it other factors? Well, hearing these points on the news there are points that can be argued that really this is just used as an excuse. I'll never hear it here because it is one sided.

Now, we can argue why others are not here, but I stick with my view on why that is the case. Lets say there was a muslim guy from Sandzak as a mod on the Serbs forum, honestly, I would feel a lot more comfortable posting there, and I would also be very interested in their perspective. It is a unique one for sure. And it would not be just me, these types of unique perspectives have a way of bridging people. DD for example is a very unique case, frankly I'm interested in hearing his opinions and he has a very interesting perspective to bring, to make people think. This will create discussion, and hopefully in a respectful manner.

If we get more Serb and Croat visitors, great. Will it be to discuss the league and NT? Some I'm sure will be more comfortable. But the rest may be interested in discussing what the real item on the plate is, and that is just the whole org. and whole system that is based along ethnic lines. Until this is addressed, this will always be topic number 1.

And as I mentioned above, if you want to bring new people, and attract new people, this is something that we should do. If we want Borac fans, and fans of other clubs that are considered Serb or Croat, we have to show that we are even on this forum..unfortunatley what you say is not enough at this time, it has to be clear.

If its ok with Bosanac, I dont have an issue with putting this item to a vote too. (If peoople want this or not)

#26 ·
Thats fair Manijak . I know you guys have been saying DD or Ero who are probably the best choices and althogh DD is probably one of my better freinds on these forums it will be hard for managment to accept him cause he was mod of the Serbian forum and got it taken away because he thretend someone so although he would be a good choice he is an unlikely one. As for Ero I think when he talks about football he is knowlagable he might have trouble in certain situations with certain people so the slection is not exactly easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.