Xtratime Community

Xtratime Community (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/)
-   Love & Dating (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/194-love-dating/)
-   -   Does anyone ever get that feeling... (https://www.xtratime.org/forum/194-love-dating/201941-does-anyone-ever-get-feeling.html)

eyeofthetiger September 25th, 2006 16:44

EOTT's looooooong road to success

...when you're not sure whether you fancy someone or not? There's this girl I think I like (I don't know though) and I'm not sure whether I fancy her or not. I guess what this does mean though, looking on the bright side is that there is potential there for a future relationship. If I'm unsure whether I fancy someone or not then that must mean something, because that's obviously different to when you know that you don't have feelings for someone. Does anyone ever feel this?

eyeofthetiger September 25th, 2006 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano
Just kiss her, then you'll know...

If not then you lost nothing, you still kissed a
good looking girl (I am assuming here :D)

As great an introduction as that would be, I somehow doubt that would go down too well. :howler:
I was too passive today, my foolish self walked straight past her without even saying anything :rollani: (bizarrely that sometimes means something, that kind of action). Now I have to wait until Wednesday to see her again.
One bonus thing that happened once was when I was looking at her (and yes, she is nice looking :smileani:) she smiled at me. :) That was nice, and maybe an indicator that she is aware of what I'm doing and maybe she likes me... I won't find out until Wednesday, and I promise I will be braver then. I've missed too many opportunities with people in the past due to my confidence not being too sharp. I have to go for it, and I will on Wednesday, I can guarantee.
If I find her smile at least a little stimulating then there should be something there.
The most basic and important rule must apply - be myself. :hopefull:
Maybe I do fancy her, but like I said, Wednesday will be the day.

Tim September 25th, 2006 18:37

1) Walk up to her
2) Look into her eyes
3) Say, "You and me, baby, ain't nothin' but mammal, so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel."

If she runs away, you don't want her. If she laughs, you might want her. If she agrees with your proposal, you do want her.

:angel:

Tim September 25th, 2006 20:00

I was trying to come up with cheesy pickup lines and had to think of that lyric, which is from a Bloodhound Gang song that was popular a few years ago. :D

On a serious note, the best thing you can do, Tiger, is to be confident and to be yourself. That's what's going to impress her the most.

Remember, the worst thing that can happen is that she's not interested. Life will go on anyway, so don't let fear of rejection stop you.

G. Facchetti September 25th, 2006 20:09

The key to chicks....show them you are not interested....and then they'll come.....the minute you go after someone they'll start ascting like they don't need ya and down you go

Hectorious September 25th, 2006 20:22

yes is true about this....be a bastard with them and after this they come to you like maniacs, the girls in america are crazy about the guys becoming bastards to them :D :D

Marc September 25th, 2006 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim
I was trying to come up with cheesy pickup lines and had to think of that lyric, which is from a Bloodhound Gang song that was popular a few years ago. :D

"I hope you die"? :howler:

ToniSamp September 25th, 2006 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger
As great an introduction as that would be, I somehow doubt that would go down too well. :howler:
I was too passive today, my foolish self walked straight past her without even saying anything :rollani: (bizarrely that sometimes means something, that kind of action). Now I have to wait until Wednesday to see her again.
One bonus thing that happened once was when I was looking at her (and yes, she is nice looking :smileani:) she smiled at me. :) That was nice, and maybe an indicator that she is aware of what I'm doing and maybe she likes me... I won't find out until Wednesday, and I promise I will be braver then. I've missed too many opportunities with people in the past due to my confidence not being too sharp. I have to go for it, and I will on Wednesday, I can guarantee.
If I find her smile at least a little stimulating then there should be something there.
The most basic and important rule must apply - be myself. :hopefull:
Maybe I do fancy her, but like I said, Wednesday will be the day.

Maybe you fancy her? Hey man, you are clearly in love.

eyeofthetiger September 25th, 2006 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToniSamp
Maybe you fancy her? Hey man, you are clearly in love.

:thumbsup: I really hope so. It would make me very happy. :heart: :happy:

About the Bloodhound Gang song - it would be interesting... I will have that down as plan B. :cool: :dielaugh:

eyeofthetiger September 26th, 2006 22:34

Right now, I don't feel any lust. :moan: Sorry to bother you lot like this, but is this natural, to think you have feelings for someone one minute then the next be unemotional? :confused: Am I being irrational here? For once I want to choose my personal life before my career, it gets really dull when all you focus on is work. I don't want to sound like some bewildered, insecure fool (but that seems to be where I am :groan:) but is this all normal? I can't tell.
(Damn you unpredictable hormones. :frustrat:)

eyeofthetiger September 26th, 2006 22:56

Perhaps I just need more stimulation - see more bands perform, flirt with this girl (and be flirted back, hopefully). I need more fulfillment.
Most of all, I need to find all the work I lost at college in a folder lol. Maybe that's the niggling problem at the back of my head. I might be able to think clearer once that problem is sorted out...

Tim September 27th, 2006 04:47

Could be that you are more interested in being with someone in general than you are in being with this girl specifically.

Marc September 27th, 2006 13:07

Maybe you have bipolar disorder...

eyeofthetiger September 27th, 2006 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc
Maybe you have bipolar disorder...

Is that like a very minor form of split personallity?

Btw, I was feeling blue today (I've actually written a song called 'Feeling Blue'. :neutral:), but when I saw the girl again, my blues just became diminished. :angel: I am making small progress, I learned what her name is today - Harley. Nice name. :) Anyway, yes I'm confused.

I think she may be going out with someone, but I will try to summon the courage to find out somehow.

I should at least talk to her.

mali September 27th, 2006 16:44

Quote:

Btw, I was feeling blue today (I've actually written a song called 'Feeling Blue'. :neutral:), but when I saw the girl again, my blues just became diminished. :angel: I am making small progress, I learned what her name is today - Harley. Nice name. :) Anyway, yes I'm confused.

I think she may be going out with someone, but I will try to summon the courage to find out somehow.

it's good to have a goal in life. let us know how things are going:)

Marc September 27th, 2006 19:42

Quote:

Its like mood swings, manic behaviour, depression and you feel disconnected among other things. Well if she makes you happy let her know a bit, just say something like its "good to see you again" and try to spark up a little talk.

Yeah, talk to her a bit. If she has a boyfriend you can still be friendly, amiable and then if they don't work out, you'll be there for her. Good luck, not the end of the world to say hello. :) :thumbsup: