And the winner will be..........?

CL day 3: Villareal vs SL Benfica

1K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  O Glorioso 
#1 ·
Off we go to another CL clash:D

The game will take place next tuesday, in El Madrigal, at 19.45 GMT

Koeman called the following players:

Goalies: Quim , Rui Nereu.

Defenders: Nelson, João Pereira, Anderson, Luisão, Ricardo Rocha, Léo.

Midfielders: Geovanni, Carlitos, Petit, Karagounis, Manuel Fernandes, Beto, Karyaka, Simão.

Strikers: Mantorras, Nuno Gomes.

Regarding Miccoli, only tomorrow there will be some concrete info concerning the gravity of his injury, and Moreira is still out with a knee injury..

Let's hope we can grab a win! At least a tie is very important imo...these are our most direct contenders, and should we play like we did in Old Trafford (but with a lil more ambition) and yesterday against Porto...we should make a good result!!

I would like to repeat the same starting line-up as against Porto, with of coz someone replacing Miccoli...which might be geovanni....

I would give karagounis the starting role in spite of his not so good performance last saturday, because during the 1st half we should basically try to hold Villareals attack , and he can do that job well imo.

For the 2nd half and to give the team a more dynamic attacking profile, we could sub in karyaka again:)

I wouldnt be surprised if koeman choses to play ricardo rocha in leo's place...not that leo isnt good ( hes better than ricardo in that position imo) but he may want to play a more physical defense...

Just leave beto on the bench, ok ronald?:D

Anyways, here goes my starting line-up for the match:

Code:
                   quim 

nelson - luisão - anderson - leo

petit - manuel fernandes

karagounis

geovanni - nuno gomes - simão

FORÇA BENFICA!!!

Let's keep up with the good results and the good performances :D :star:

See less See more
#3 ·
nuno assis?

he was not even called:D

and quite frankly, for me...its a hard pick, between him and carlitos for that bench spot :howler:

ah yes....you're crazy :pp :D

#4 ·
I don't know. I just feel like the guy can play. He did well for us last season and hasn't been given much a chance. I honestly don't believe Karagounis has done much for us to merit a start at that position. Oh well, we're very limited at that spot so we'll do with what we have.

#5 ·
i agree karagounis hasnt done anything to win a starting spot...the thing is, he can play ahead of the DMs better than Beto, and since we are currently short on forwards , and playing away agaisnt a counter attack team, it might be good idea chosing to hold the midfield, rather than try and attack more, during the 1st half...a bit like we did with porto....thats why i would start karagounis instead of karyaka...also becoz karyaka (together with mantorras of coz) are our only bench attacking options for changing things during the game....

as for nuno assis last season ...appart from his 1st 1 or 2 games, i havent seen anything from him tbh....same goes for the few chances he was given this season...

#6 ·
I agree with OG here ... I rate Nuno Asssis quite high. At least he did better for us last season then Zahovic. I'd like to see him in as well. But since he isn't called I totally agree with that lineup of yours, Ana. :thmbup:
Quim finally gets the opportunity to show his value on the highest level. :star:
Watch it Mr. Scolari, watch it! ;)

Força Benfica!

#7 ·
O Glorioso said:
I don't know. I just feel like the guy can play. He did well for us last season and hasn't been given much a chance. I honestly don't believe Karagounis has done much for us to merit a start at that position. Oh well, we're very limited at that spot so we'll do with what we have.
The guy is a marginal player that can be useful coming in late in a game when our bench might be thin because of injuries or suspensions. Before th Miccoli injury, he did not have a spot on the bench. Miccoli's injury opens a spot, which is his to lose.

#10 ·
BENFICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLB!
SLB!
SLB, SLB, SLB!
GLORIOSOOOOOOOO! SLB!
GLORIOSO SLB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

#17 ·
good result:D

we might have won, nuno why did u misss that one on one in the end?????grrrr:D

but seriously, good result and rui nereu? wow, what a performance:D

and what can one say about manuel's goal??? that was liiiindo, liiiindo, LINDOOOOOOOOOO:D

#20 ·
Good result,and a great goal by Manuel Fernandes. :proud: :proud: :howler:
Btw,****kkkkkkkkkkkkk ref. :devil: :doh: :frustrat:

Nereu not bad at all. :thumbsup: ,and about Nuno golos,well guess that he is back to his old form. :tongue: :howler: :frownani:

#24 ·
much better than against porto;)

koeman started him again, and he was very well tactically, holding up the ball in the midfield, improved his passing and shot a couple times....a bit weak and off target but he shot!

he is still a bit rusty on attacking moves and slows down a bit the team, but hes improving .

he was replaced around the 60m for karyaka, who gave a lil bit more velocity to the game, although we lost a bit the edge on the midfield for a while.
personally i would have replaced geovanni but oh well

the thing that its still worrying me about him, is how he seems to be eager on making backside fouls (not sure this is the right expression)...

#26 ·
with miccoli back, i think it looks like geovanni will give his place, and the fight will be between the two K's for the position ahead of manuel and petit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.