Xtratime Community banner

Salas won't play in Sydney after all

439 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  EL MATADOR 
#1 ·
when Marcelo Salas was interviewed after Chile's outstanding 3 - 0 victory over Brazil, he did not mentioned the Olympics for his upcoming plans. He said that he had permision to stay in Chile until the Colombia game (Sept. 2nd) then he would have to return to Rome and start working for Lazio. Marcelo said that it would be difficult for him to play in the Olympics because he wanted to regain his starting role at Lazio and if he played in Sydney that would be very hard since he then would miss key games for the Roman squad.

http://www.tyc.com.ar/sintdepo_nota.asp?s=i&id_seccion=1&id=22488

Zamorano would be a no brainer for his replacement but Lippi won't let him play because he said that Zamorano was returned to Inter in a very bad condition, injured all over the place. Lippi claimes that Bam Bam was not taken care of while in Chile.

http://www.deportivo.cl/2000/08/18/futbol01.htm

Bummer! :(

[Edited by Loco_Poom on 20-08-2000 at 09:10]

See less See more
#2 ·
I would like to see Salas in the Olympics but it is truth that if he goes there it will be harder for him to secure a place in the Lazio starting eleven.So his desicion is good.
After this,i think that Zamorano is the perfect man to go to Sydney.I don't think that Lippi will miss him as Inter has so many strikers.

#3 ·
As much as I love Lazio and as much as I want him to have the best chance to make the first 11 week in week out, I still want him to come to the olympics :(

Lazio have enough strikers for the first cl games; Crespo,Lopez,Inzaghi,Ravanelli,Berrettoni.

Well anyway I hope that Acosta will invite Bam Bam then :) still doesnt sound as good as Tapia-Salas. Hey if I got this right, Rozental is only 2 or so weeks off being an underage player, that was bad luck!

Please Matador change your mind :(

FORZALAZIO!

#4 ·
Wow if Salas did come he would make a big differance but since Lazio has alot of fowards Salas doesn't want to lose his place so he has a point.

And last but not least El Matardor
Sydney Roosters made the grand final
and Newcastle lead 16-2 that is bad luck for newcastle
but don't worry i know how u feel Roosters lost in the same way in 97 by a freakin Point so it's not that bad

GO THE ROOSTERS
FORZA INTER

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.