Xtratime Community banner

The Game

747 views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  luba 
#1 ·
The crucial one is coming ... Bulgaria-Belgium on June 7th. Just a small detail here is that this is my B-day. :D

Balakov is out after this stupid yellow. Stilian was injured and not in form in the UEFA cup, so many of the players are out thru injury ... can we still make it?

Plus - the Stadium, the people and teh support.

This is a MUST. We will still ahve a chance if we fail, of course, but a win will makes things alomst certain ...

I want to go to Portugal!!! ;)

#2 ·
a bulgaria win will almost knock belgium right out of it unless they manage to beat croatia in brussels, but i think a draw is the best theyll manage.

croatia has to travel to estonia and much like in your game with them, the estonians will defend a lot. thatll make it difficult for croatia to break them down. so a draw is a possibility which will be great for you guys. even a possible loss as croatia like to take a lot of chances with defenders coming up and all. a counter attack might do them in, you never know.

how many of your first teamers are out? belgium will play hard, they absolutely have to so you need to hit them early.

#4 ·
I'm looking pretty forward to the game.
Allthough i dont really expect much after our game against Croatia. We're building a new team, and our coach already mentionned it would be a great step forward if we didn't lose the game. :rolleyes: :)

Good news for uss though according to the belgian media Bulgaria will be missing 6 (!!!!) :eek: first-team players.

Anyway good luck to you guys, and may the best team win. :) ;)

#7 ·
A LOT of ppl are missing - injuries, suspensions, Kishishev decided to call it a day a week before this important game! :eek: :confused: Then, Peev, the other one in the right zone , got a sever injury and Kishishev still say "I am outr of here". Stupid. Then, The brain of our team got this stupid yellow in Talinn and will miss his "last" game. And all the injuries. At least, 3 or 4 of them are regulras ...

BUT We can do it. We have a good team, we should do it ...

#8 ·
Yes, we have to do it. In Sofia everyone is preparing for a great game, I have never seen such a thing before a game-new flags , new jerseys, new paints, new songs waiting for the day.If we win it's gonna be a huge celebration :D.

In the last qualification round I saw big improvement in the teams of Croatia and Belgium so it would be extremely difficult even if we could rely on these playes who will miss the match:rolleyes:

Has anyone heard anything about Yankovic?

#11 ·
Yes, they had doubts about him but now we see he joins the rest.I have absolutely no idea about the starting 11. Hard times for Markov, I guess he may use Marian Hristov and Daniel Borimirov who hasn't played for his team for a long time...
Zhelev is an excellent player, he's made some very fine games for Litex but ...I don't know.

But no matter the difficulties I am sure we will do what we have to.
(This positive thinking will be the end of me :D)

#12 ·
The situation in the group right now:

1 Bulgaria 10 3 1 0 6-1
2 Croatia 7 2 1 1 6-2
3 Belgium 6 2 0 2 2-6
4 Estonia 5 1 2 1 2-1
5 Andorra 0 0 0 4 1-7

Games left:

07/06/2003 00:00 Bulgaria - Belgium
07/06/2003 00:00 Estonia - Andorra
11/06/2003 00:00 Belgium - Andorra
11/06/2003 00:00 Estonia - Croatia
06/09/2003 00:00 Andorra - Croatia
06/09/2003 00:00 Bulgaria - Estonia
10/09/2003 00:00 Andorra - Bulgaria
10/09/2003 00:00 Belgium - Croatia
11/10/2003 00:00 Croatia - Bulgaria
11/10/2003 00:00 Belgium - Estonia

As we can see a win over Belgium will put us 7 pts in front with 3 games left (twp of which are Estonia home and Andora away). Means we will be 1st or 2nd 99%.

Then, a crucial game is WED Estoinia - Croatia. Will EST reach another draw at home and will we beat Belgium, we will have 5 pts with three remaining, same three. Even if Cro wins and we win, then we will have the next to win , A MUST, and finally Croatia-Bulgaria in Zagreb with 3pts adv and a 2-0 home win.

Interesting enough, there is a game Bel-Cro. Means that even if we lose on Sat (God forbid) but win the next 2 we would have at least 1 point adv from teh 2nd (if Bel wins over Cro) and 3 pts in front of Cro befor ethe last game in Zagreb. Alternatively, a draw against Cro_Bel means, 3 pts ,more than Bel and 2 more than Cro before Zagreb. Wil Cro wins there and we lose on Saturday (worst option) we will have a clear 4 pts in front of Bel with one to go.

Shortly said, Lets go and get them, belgians. :D ;) and then pray for a draw or Bel win in Bel-CRo. Then, the last one in Zagreb will be a huge formality ... :tongue:

#13 ·
Nice logic:)
I tried to do the same yesterday and ended in concluding that we have to win-how simple:D
(but life is what is happening around us while we are making plans)

So if we don't win we will live in doubts till the last game-bad forecast:)

I am worried about our defence :rolleyes: even the midfield(without Krassi) is not in such an awful state

#14 ·
28 000 tickets already sold :D

I am very happy because we already bought ours.Last time we did it in the last moment and we were seated in the front line :)

The stadium will be full,I can guarantee this(and the win, too)

Teh team of Belgium is to arrive tomorrow

#16 ·
thats what I read now. Lucky lucky they say ...

Anyway, under the circumstances I am still satisfied. we have 4 up on bothe Bel and Cro, cro have that game in hand.

So, the most important things:

1. Est-Cro on WED!
2. Bel-Cro
3. Our two games v. Estonia (h) and Andora (away)

The 3rd is a MUST 6pts.

Then, if Est gets even a draw, Bel MUST win to stay alive. A draw in 1. and 2. and 6 pts in 3. puts us THERE before the lest one in Zagreb. :D

Lets see ...

#17 ·
Bulgaria-Belgium 2-2

Yes, Geert, that's exactly what happened :depress: :)

I used to repeat it several days before the game that we will have severe problems in defence, so I will say it again-every of the few times when Belgium tried to make a decent attack out defensive players were thrown in confusion.We could see Stan and Berbo in front of Zdravkov more often than Kirilov and Petkov(although they both created some good opportunities).

Martin Petrov was brilliant,Stilian Petrov's mistake made him a bit nervous...Velizar Dimitrov :D was my big disappointment, he tried some of his 'velizarki' but had no success :howler:

After Marian Hristov and Berbatov were substituted we had soem problems on teh second floor.

I think we all should thank Berbatov and Ivailo Petkov who had injuries but played on injections.

Actually my conclusion is that we missed more Kishishev and Pazhin than Balakov.

#18 ·
Good game by Bulgaria and like GoD said we really stole a point, but one question; Why didn't the bulgarian televison give a replay on the phase (75' minute?) were Mbo Mpenza was brought down in the penalty area? :confused:

#19 ·
yes, your question is important, do you really believe this situation deserves so much attention?After the game I saw an interview with Emile Mpenza who claimed that that it should have been a penalty, it's normal to hear him saying this but I prefer to trust the ref who proved his qualities once again.
I understand that you needed a win badly :rolleyes:

#20 ·
nah, i'm not saying we would have deserved a win (in the contrary, we should be happy with this point), i'm just saying i think it's pretty hypocrite not showing the phase again as it was clearly (shown by replays on the belgian television) an 100 % penalty. :rolleyes:

BTW: It was Mbo Mpenza who gave the interview not Emile. ;)

#21 ·
Probably Mbo gave interviews too but the one I saw was with his brother, I am sure about it:),I could never mistaken them

Well,I don't know why BNT hadn't replayed the situation but I know what you are thinking about that .....:D, some awful mistakes could be found out ;),right?

#22 ·
Yeah, your right it would be probably technical error. :tongue:
But actually dont mind me, i just nagging. :)

BTW: OTF nice homepage. :thumbsup: ;)

#23 ·
man, all the calculations, each team now holds their own destiny..it's do or die for all three, and throw the Estonians into the mix as well, unless we beat them on Wednesday....hope God's listening :)

#25 ·
luba said:
needs some updating :)

You know what,I love technical errors!:)

Ero, the only calculation I can make brings me to the conclusion that we must win our next two games against Estonia and Andorra :D
we must also beat Estonia and Andorra...then Bulgaria at home and Portugal here comes Croatia :)

we shall see..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.