Xtratime Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: UEFA Nations League Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
January 4th, 2019 20:50
marakana11 Right?

And thanks Zoric.
January 4th, 2019 17:25
jonny ball
Twitter

I cant wait to see adams play for leizpig. I like him. I think hes going to be an important player for the US.



Twitter


January 4th, 2019 10:34
zoric Stickied.
November 24th, 2018 09:57
Dule But yes completely agree about the communication issue.

A big part of being a manager is communicating what you want your players to do, explain if youíre not playing someone etc.

His problems with Nastasic for example stem from him not letting him know anything about not taking him to the World Cup.
November 24th, 2018 09:52
Dule Marko Pantelic new Vice President of the FSS...probably means thereís changes coming.
November 24th, 2018 07:39
Gibraldo i think krstajic lacks what is most important in leadership today and this is communication skills. you could see that also off the field after his the hague comparison. you simply don't do that as a coach, you don't articulate such thoughts.

in regard of that, the one who convinces me most is paunovic. he as also comes with a cosmopolitan attitude and is a bug communicator and he uses modern technology to rate players and their performances from what i saw on youtube about NZ 2015.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
November 24th, 2018 04:53
SrpskiInat
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
Fine, competition coupled with character and frustration can get the worst out of anyone. That's human nature. But these issues should be solved internally, either between four eyes or inside the group for the sake of your teammates. It's the honest way of doing it. I understand it can be hard to swallow your pride (especially for people in the Balkan-region) when you're this young and know that you've made a mistake but talking about the problem and forming an understanding is the way to go and not via the media.



Sounds like he was projecting his own anger and frustrations onto the coach because of the decision to take him off or maybe even off the field issues he might have because we shouldn't forget they're just that, human. I get it, you don't want to get subbed off when starting (he's been subbed off in four games I believe) but nothing is more important than the team. There are of course individuals that have to be treated differently because they make a remarkable difference (yes, I know how this sounds but it works this way in football) but these guys can be counted on two hands and Serbia doesn't have any of them at their disposal. Even if Kolarov and Matić have a hierarchical standing which is far higher than the rest as older players.

This is another incident that could've been avoided if they just had a better understanding between them. It's the foundation for any successful relationship no matter how different people are.

That's the problem though. Krstajic created animosity within these players because he never addressed the reasons why he kept some of these guys off the roster. Gacinovic definitely should have been included at the WC and we could have really used him against teams like Switzerland and Brazil that had really fast small players. Gacinovic is our best ball winner from our attacking players and it's not even close. Then he randomly calls him up and probably has never had a complete conversation with the guy.
I highly doubt it was Krstajic's decision to put him in the starting lineup anyways. He's just a puppet which is why they brought in a team strategist to help him make lineup changes
I mean this guy was literally asking players which substitutions he should make.

Which brings me to the point. This team severely lacks player leadership. Kolarov is the type of person that just says "grow up, be a man"
He doesn't know how to give advice nor does he represent a leadership role on the pitch. He knows how to yell and complain but not offer solutions. His comments to the media have also been historically bad such as the "Montenegrin" ones... as a 33 year old man.


We forget that Gacinovic is just a kid. He's a very passionate person, and he plays like that on the pitch. He will learn from this and grow just like Mitrovic did. There are multiple ways to look at this. While he was most definitely in the wrong, I can understand his frustrations.
BUT...By complaining about coming off at halftime, you're practically saying that your teammates are a$$. This won't be a good outlook for him going forward in the locker room or
Especially since he followed up with "I wish I was the only problem in the team"
There's just no reason for this and clearly his agents are pushing this. LIAN Sports is a HUGE agency for our footballers. They usually pick up some of the best young guys. They definitely have a lot of control over the NT and we all know how easily influenced our FA is by money. Which is the only reason I could see Krstajic losing his job. Otherwise, our FA would love to keep him around because they probably pay him pennies for the head coaching position while pocketing the rest.
Saying all this, Gacinovic should feel fortunate that he is starting in the first place, we have a lot of talented players, and he's not even a standard player for his club at times. He really needs to learn from his dad and to become more thankful in life.

Also, Kolarov has no room to talk. Gacinovic has won more NT prestigious tourneys than Kolarov can ever dream of. So, he looks like an idiot off the bat. Second, he spent the prime of his career on the bench. Not really one to speak and he's clearly not a good leader if that's how he handles a situation like this.
Clearly, Kolarov is looking for a career in the Serbian FA after his football career. He even got Bane kicked off the NT. A guy who has historically always been better than him in every regard.

A future captain I am looking forward to is Milenkovic. He's an incredibly hard working young guy with a good head on his shoulders. I love his comment about this whole drama, and I love his leadership during the game. As long as he can stay healthy, wherever he goes, he will be a fan favorite like Vidic was.





Last, no chance in hell we get Piksi. The guy already clearly stated that his priority is his club football in China and that he is a man of his word when he signs a contract. So, there's that. Drulovic told the media that this is a horrible time to change coaches because of the NL success (even though I disagree that it's a success to win such a weak group). I highly doubt Jokanovic wants to deal with these corrupt bastards after a failure in the EPL, and he's highly rated elsewhere around Europe with potential to grow.
November 24th, 2018 01:28
Red_Bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibraldo View Post
I think Krstajic's days are numbered and i am not sad about this. he has no charism of a good coach.

Besides, what do you guys think about the conspiracy think that is coming up now?

nastasic, milivojevic and gacinovic are all at LIAN sports and now there is a talking about a mutiny against krstajic initiated from this players agency.
Isnt some Serbian agent from Belgium suppose to be spilling the beans about all that's going on in Serbia?
November 24th, 2018 00:56
Gibraldo I think Krstajic's days are numbered and i am not sad about this. he has no charism of a good coach.

Besides, what do you guys think about the conspiracy think that is coming up now?

nastasic, milivojevic and gacinovic are all at LIAN sports and now there is a talking about a mutiny against krstajic initiated from this players agency.
November 23rd, 2018 18:33
Marko3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
Itís a wider issue though isnít it? Krstajić holds absolutely no authority with anyone. Not even the younger players in the squad.

The players know heís not running the show or wonít last long and they feel they can react how they want.
Gacinovic has had these sort of issues before as zoric pointed out. Last year, he lashed out at Kovac after getting substituted and ended up being benched for a prolonged period afterward. In this case, it's hard to fault a coach for making a necessary change to the team.
November 23rd, 2018 16:52
sippypowder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
I donít think heíd do both jobs.
I dont know his details of his salary but I was under assumption Chinese paying him a money he wouldn't walk away from and fss couldn't compete with. That's why I was thinking he would have to keep both jobs
November 23rd, 2018 14:05
Dule It would be unsurprising if the leak is the FSS itself who will then use the reason that heís lost the dressing room in sacking him and installing someone else.

Looks like itís a matter of time.
November 23rd, 2018 11:30
zoric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijat Gaćinović
"Istina je da sam neprimereno reagovao na poluvremenu na utakmici protiv Litvanije. Ne opravdavam svoje ponašanje, znam da sam pogrešio"
Fine, competition coupled with character and frustration can get the worst out of anyone. That's human nature. But these issues should be solved internally, either between four eyes or inside the group for the sake of your teammates. It's the honest way of doing it. I understand it can be hard to swallow your pride (especially for people in the Balkan-region) when you're this young and know that you've made a mistake but talking about the problem and forming an understanding is the way to go and not via the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijat Gaćinović
“Nisam dao sebi za pravo tako da reagujem zato što sam osvojio nešto u karijeri, već zato što su mi smetale neke stvari, koje sam skupljao u sebi od ranije."
Sounds like he was projecting his own anger and frustrations onto the coach because of the decision to take him off or maybe even off the field issues he might have because we shouldn't forget they're just that, human. I get it, you don't want to get subbed off when starting (he's been subbed off in four games I believe) but nothing is more important than the team. There are of course individuals that have to be treated differently because they make a remarkable difference (yes, I know how this sounds but it works this way in football) but these guys can be counted on two hands and Serbia doesn't have any of them at their disposal. Even if Kolarov and Matić have a hierarchical standing which is far higher than the rest as older players.

This is another incident that could've been avoided if they just had a better understanding between them. It's the foundation for any successful relationship no matter how different people are.
November 23rd, 2018 10:59
Krle Ga?inovi?: Daj Bo?e da sam ja najve?i problem u reprezentaciji

Love him or hate him, but guys like Mijat, Matic and Milivoje at least dare to speak out, whereas most others just stay quiet their entire lives.

I think kid has got heart and a bright future. Hopefully they don't freeze him out now.
November 23rd, 2018 10:56
Krle Mijat needs to know his place, but obviously this was leaked with a reason like Zoki said. It's shameful what they're doing to the NT, no way of moving forward with this ****ing loser mentality..

Krstajic has to go though like Dule says, the whole Milivojevic thing backfired so bad it just proved to the squad he's nothing more than a puppet. Shame, cause like Savo, I used to respect the guy.
November 23rd, 2018 10:04
zoric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
Itís a wider issue though isnít it? Krstajić holds absolutely no authority with anyone. Not even the younger players in the squad.

The players know heís not running the show or wonít last long and they feel they can react how they want.
This is how it looks like from the outside but it's more complicated than that. These things happen in every competitive football enviroment but only a small, small amount actually reach the media because of the external work of the organization and sports leaders in charge. It can even reach the media but they won't report on it because they'll have their privilege of getting information drawn in. I know for a fact that this happens a lot in big clubs in Europe for an example. It only starts reaching the media when there's an interest from someone: be it a director, coach, player or agent. FSS are terrible in protecting the sporting interests of the NT.

The players also have a responsability and not everything can be attributed solely to the coach. It's leaking too much from the players perspective as well. The old school authority is very rare these day. It's more about either working with each other or understanding each other in the end, not about projecting your anger for not playing well or being used in a certain way. There are more elements to this than what éurnal describes.

Skickat frŚn min Pixel C via Tapatalk
November 23rd, 2018 09:39
zoric These are internal things that should never leave the dressing room so someone has an interest for it to happen. There should be room for disappointment, anger and discussions. I'm even fine with throwing stuff like Gaćinović appearently threw his boots (let's face it, this industry hardly holds education highly) but never towards the person you're disappointed with or by calling your coach things openly. Dressing rooms in football are unfortunately not like other work places, especially when you have so many people from the outside constantly telling these players they're something they're not and the younger and higher up they are, the bigger the clashes. Sometimes it's a generational thing, other times it's just a matter of personal disappointment being projected towards other people. Players think they're the best at all times and they need that to perform every 3-4 day.

It's not the first incident for Gaćinović either btw. There was another one just prior or after the first game at the U20 World Cup (I can't remember the exact time it happened) which Paunović solved but where the etiquette was some sort of "stomach problem" where he was actually punished. Then there's the acusation of his agency making him stirr all sorts of things to make them control things better inside the NT - which we obviously can't confirm. Wouldn't surprise me if the interested party are using this to paint a picture of: "Look! Another case!"

Looks like Kolarov told Gaćinović: "Ko si ti? Koji si trofej osvojio u karijeri da te neko ne bi smeo da zameni?"

Krstajić did the only right thing. Serbia needed presence in the penalty area and scored four goals in the end.

I wonder if Mihajlović's "contracts" had a clause where the players couldn't spill information to the media? [emoji16]

Skickat frŚn min Pixel C via Tapatalk
November 23rd, 2018 09:35
Dule Itís a wider issue though isnít it? Krstajić holds absolutely no authority with anyone. Not even the younger players in the squad.

The players know heís not running the show or wonít last long and they feel they can react how they want.
November 23rd, 2018 07:53
Marko3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
Gacinovic had a bust up with Krstajic at half time vs Lithuania.
Sounds like he was upset about being substituted at half. Not sure where he gets the nerve to react like that - missed the match but by all accounts, he was the worst player in the first half. And it's not like he's played particularly well in any of the recent NT matches either. I definitely wouldn't have given him as many opportunities as Krstajic did. I don't care if he's not getting much playing time at Benfica but Zivkovic has always been the much better player.
November 23rd, 2018 06:51
Dule Gacinovic had a bust up with Krstajic at half time vs Lithuania.
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome