Xtratime Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: Italian younger national teams Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
Today 15:08
camelface Di Biagio says he would have been considered the best if romania-france didn't end in a draw, and as such the evaluation of his team depended entirely on an external result. Also stated he has many Serie A and B offers.

i hope for those clubs that this is false. i am very glad he is no longer with FIGC. Ciao
Yesterday 23:24
ToniSamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
That sounds familiar!

The difference being that you think our players are mediocre, while I think our coach was the mediocre one.
Yesterday 22:42
roadrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
That said, we can only blame ourselves, because we really shouldn't have lost to Poland.
That soiunds familiar!

Another very disappointing tounrament to add to the many disappointing tournaments in recent years.
Yesterday 21:53
ToniSamp I have watched, rather lazily, Romania - France and I think the number of shots on goals pretty much describes the game: 0.

That said, we can only blame ourselves, because we really shouldn't have lost to Poland.
Yesterday 02:40
Firdaus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
Anyway, if we are out (which is very likely indeed) the good news is that Calamity Di Biagio will be finally out of the Italian NTs and for good. Harmful since 1998.
Yesterday 02:26
Osman France and Romania will draw and both will go through.
June 23rd, 2019 22:44
ToniSamp The results of group B keeps our hope alive but it's the game between France and Romania of the group C which is the most dangerous.
June 22nd, 2019 23:37
ToniSamp Anyway, if we are out (which is very likely indeed) the good news is that Calamity Di Biagio will be finally out of the Italian NTs and for good. Harmful since 1998.
June 22nd, 2019 23:30
roadrunner True, but I think it is a formality.
June 22nd, 2019 23:29
ToniSamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Then they are overvalued because they are nothing special.

Anyway, they are out now and it is not undeserved.
They are not out yet.
June 22nd, 2019 23:15
roadrunner Then they are overvalued because they are nothing special.

Anyway, they are out now and it is not undeserved.
June 22nd, 2019 21:47
Osman Di Biagio defenitely need to be fired once and for all. Its foolish to say the failure I'm seeing to the players mainly, because this is the most talented and stacked team in long while. Player value wise this Italy squad is the highest in the competition by some margin.
June 22nd, 2019 17:16
roadrunner It's the players, not Di Biagio, they're mediocre.

Any coach would do the same.

NB. From the next edition, the competition will feature 16 teams in four groups of four.
June 22nd, 2019 12:05
Primo Really disappointed in DiBiagio, have never cared for him and somehow he's still in the job, failing. How do you NOT score with that attack playing in Italy? What a loser.
June 22nd, 2019 09:18
ToniSamp The qualification to the semifinals won't be an easy job at all for the Italian NT, who have a remote chance to get the first position and a solid chance to get the second, which might not be enough unfortunately, depending on the results in the other groups (a draw between France and Romania would eliminate our team for sure but a win of France could eliminate us anyway). UEFA should consider the possibility to increase the number of teams participating in the final phase to 16, or decrease it to 8. The 12-team format is unfair.
June 19th, 2019 22:29
ToniSamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
I think it is more a case of the players being way overrated; let's face the facts, no Italian team - club or national - has won a competition since Inter's Club WC win in 2010. There has to be a reason for that.

I disagree. Evani before and Nicolato now have obtained better results with the under 19 and under 20 NTs which had a few of these players, in spite of the fact that the best among their players were with Di Biagio. Nicolato has just obtained a brilliant 4th spot in the world cup without Kean, Tonali and Zaniolo. Nicolato's team had defensive defaillances but played brilliant football.
June 19th, 2019 22:11
roadrunner I think it is more a case of the players being way overrated; let's face the facts, no Italian team - club or national - has won a competition since Inter's Club WC win in 2010. There has to be a reason for that.
June 19th, 2019 22:04
ToniSamp Italy - Poland 0 - 1 FT


Unfortunately my remarks on the performance in the first game were confirmed by a similar performance in the second game. I knew Italy would have had even more problems against a team playing with all the men behind the ball and that was exactly the way Poland played. Di Biagio simply can't make a proper use of all the enormous potential of our attack. In the first game he was "saved", in this one he has paid the bill for both games.
June 17th, 2019 22:03
Deano First 30 was all Spain but Italy grew into the match and played well. Orsolini especially as a winger is better but we need Zaniolo fit for the squad. This is definitely a talented bunch
June 17th, 2019 12:17
ToniSamp The biggest problem I have with the performance is that we hardly created chances to score in spite of the huge quality in attack. Good that we prevented Spain from creating chances either, by hook or by crook. Surely we exploited the fact that the competition is played in Italy. Probably we wouldn't have finished with 11 players on the pitch if the game had been played in Spain.
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome