So, who coaches? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2010, 13:01 Thread Starter
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

So, who coaches?

Curious to see how many people pop out of the woods to be honest.

Would be nice to hear some stories too, although I'll be a killjoy right from the off and say that I won't divulge much information about myself - I coach at a decent enough level that someone may be able to find my real identity on this site where my name and nationality/location are easy to come by.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2010, 14:50
World Class Player

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona, Los Islanders
Good thread Zico. I knew you were Pep Guardiola all along!

I coach an under 10 boys team in the local club. Really wonderful experience and a great club that focuses on development, not results at a young age. I'm pretty much a trainer for the age group and don't progress with the kids, the older ages demand time that my full time job just doesn't allow, but I love the time I do have on the field.

Visca Barca!!

1 DECADE IN XTRATIME!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2010, 08:07
XT's Demi-God
World Class Player

Had to stop when I became a father, but I did coach @ U13-U15 level with a very honest bunch of lads who won their league in 2nd season. Might have a chance to get back into coaching this summer, but I have found some time to continue writing my philosophy and playing style guide, which I'm hoping can lead to better things in terms of becoming a technical director.

Had the time to do a small bit of coaching overseas which was good, esp as I could meet alot of good coaches, and it really gave me the bug again.

buve - the shit on the heel of Italian football.

RIP CLAUDIO LIPPI.

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." - Oscar Levant

Sent from my Computer using a keyboard.

Irish commentator during 94 WC - 'The Baggio brothers, are of course, not related.'

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2010, 09:49 Thread Starter
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Shh, if Laporta knew I was using online forums he'd kill me

CarlosMiguel what sort of pitch do they have 10 year olds playing on where you are? They only recently moved the 10 yr olds onto smaller pitches here in Australia, but where the representative football starts at 11, they move back onto the full size pitch with 11-a-side. It's quite ridiculous and naturally you get coaching emphasis being put on positioning and structure far too early.

The young ones though, they're great, they take everything in and are so enthusiastic. When you get the older boys sometimes it's a struggle getting into their heads and there's so much more going on mentally.

That's interesting stuff Tony75, are you looking at publishing your works? I've been thinking of putting together a few pieces of literature myself, nothing too serious at this point but something nonetheless.

And on that, if you could sum up your philosophy and style in one sentence how would you do that?

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2010, 15:48
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester City the pride of manchester
i am coaching for this local bussiness near me its great we teach 3-10 year olds we are goin to get more footie teams goin next year so fingers crossed the under 7s and under 9s hopefully i get to have my own footie team,the team we have,have scored 100 goals in 12 games so its preety gud and we sit at the top of the league

the academy at citys top
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2010, 17:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
What league are they in shyne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2010, 18:19
Rising Star

east manchester jfl u8

the academy at citys top
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2010, 18:29
Rising Star

called fc sport

the academy at citys top
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2010, 19:01
XT's Demi-God
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
That's interesting stuff Tony75, are you looking at publishing your works? I've been thinking of putting together a few pieces of literature myself, nothing too serious at this point but something nonetheless.

And on that, if you could sum up your philosophy and style in one sentence how would you do that?
Total football, total honesty, to play the game beautifully, and respect for all.

RIP CLAUDIO LIPPI.

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." - Oscar Levant

Irish commentator during 94 WC - 'The Baggio brothers, are of course, not related.'
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2010, 04:15
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
I am currently having a year off in order to have a small return to playing. I am enjoying playing again but will definetly get back into it next year.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2010, 13:30
World Class Player

Zico10,

We play 7 a side at the U10 level and I believe it stays that way in the league until 12 where they move to 11 a side. Ideally we could get another step between 7 and 11 a side, whether that is 8 or 9 a side, would help make the progression a little easier for the boys.

Visca Barca!!

1 DECADE IN XTRATIME!!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2010, 05:17 Thread Starter
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Good stuff, I'd like to see the step up to the full pitch with 11-a-side be delayed until 13 or 14 to be honest.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2010, 18:13
World Class Player

Yes, I agree, there's really no point to it until then.

At least we are evolving. I can remember playing 11 a side when I was an 8 year old......

Visca Barca!!

1 DECADE IN XTRATIME!!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2011, 20:17
XT's Demi-God
World Class Player

I'm coaching an U13 team now after coaching a U16 team last year. Have done mainly 1v1 work with them - dribbling, 1v1 def, some passing & SAQ work. Good potential growth in alot of the players.

RIP CLAUDIO LIPPI.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2011, 20:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
I also trained an under 10 team for a while. Now it has become absolutely impossible both because I moved to a different quarter and because I have no time.
One year ago we had a very good group of players and even defeated Torino 4-2 in a friendly.
My 15 months old daughter can already kick a sponge ball.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2011, 22:02
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
Shh, if Laporta knew I was using online forums he'd kill me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2011, 00:40
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
I was a player/coach for one year, which is already long ago. Like in a silly Hollywood movie I gathered a team of non-footballers and other crazy people to start up a team near the village I grew up. apart from me there was only like two players that actually had played the season before.

Yeah and like the movie we had a fat kid, a tall player that couldn't head the ball, a fantastic dribbler that always dribbled himself all the way towards the corner flag, one with a great left foot that was locked in fear if someone forced him to use his right. Right and a striker that was sent off three times for the most silly reasons.

We did okay under those circumstances. The year after when I left, they were crowned "the worst team in northern Sweden" with a goal difference of 1-135 (in like 16 games ). I think that was not due to them missing my coaching skills, more about me and dribble boy leaving the playing field.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2011, 08:54
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
I was a player/coach for one year, which is already long ago. Like in a silly Hollywood movie I gathered a team of non-footballers and other crazy people to start up a team near the village I grew up. apart from me there was only like two players that actually had played the season before.

Yeah and like the movie we had a fat kid, a tall player that couldn't head the ball, a fantastic dribbler that always dribbled himself all the way towards the corner flag, one with a great left foot that was locked in fear if someone forced him to use his right. Right and a striker that was sent off three times for the most silly reasons.

We did okay under those circumstances. The year after when I left, they were crowned "the worst team in northern Sweden" with a goal difference of 1-135 (in like 16 games ). I think that was not due to them missing my coaching skills, more about me and dribble boy leaving the playing field.

Damn. I thought there'd be a Mighty Ducks moment for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2011, 07:13
Legend

Teams: Arsenal, Melbourne Victory
I do. Amassed quite an impressive trophy haul in FM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA
Being perfectly blunt, you can't relate to someone who owns four super cars, but you can relate to a person who would chuck a pizza at Ferguson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pun View Post
Tough. It's like asking the same about Xxavi and Tarik.
Pun upon answering who fails more after dropping their trophy, Steklenburg or Ramos.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in