Started my own football club! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 06:27 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Italia - Roma
Started my own football club!

Yep, finally have my own football club. We will be called Legends FC and we will use Barcelona Home Jerseys. I wanted to use Roma but some guys already took it.

Anybody in here already has a club?

Make Xtratime great again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 20:45
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Totti
Anybody in here already has a club?
Yes I own Chelsea.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 20:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
I used to be in charge of a 5-a side team in the JJB Soccerdome here in Manchester, hardly a club. Had to ring round to recruit players and register them (hardly difficult, they sign a form, they're in). We didn't have a kit, nobody in the league does. We just wore white, I wore the black Roma top from 3-4 seasons ago as I was GK. We agreed on white because we supported City and United between us, and couldn't agree to wear either of those colours We only played one season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 23:53 Thread Starter
Legend

Well so far it is 8 of us and they are all pretty committed peeps. I found that to be the hardest part, getting good players that are serious about the team. Tomorrow we will have our first gathering, so we will see. I need still 3 players to make the team get to 11 but hopefully we will get them soon. We get pretty good jerseys actually. Our Director has a guy in China that can give us 15$ jerseys. They are not orginal but they are very good for our purpose.

Wanted to play indoor but these guys decided to play at night, and the place is too far from me to go there at 9 and come back at 11. And to be honest, to me football is outdoor, I do play indoor but mostly friendly games for now.

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2007, 14:36
World Class Player

Wow, that sounds exiting! :thmbup: Founding ones own football team seriously is about the best you can do, the players have a higher identification to the team if they are co-founders and not just like employees of 'Whatsoever FC East 1946'. If I was living nearby, I would have subscribed to such a team right away, but I have a contract here in Germany.
Now, tell me, how did things devellop so far, in the first month, had matches yet?
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2007, 17:51
Star Player

Teams: Newcastle United, England
Me and a few mates started a 7 a side team over a year ago and its still going strong . Won promotion in our first season and did really well in the Premiership in our first season up. However last season we only just stayed up and this season is developing into another relegation battle.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2007, 22:38
World Class Player

So is there still someone around?
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 05:57
Winter is Coming.
World Class Player

Teams: Liverpool F.C, TFC, BVB
we have a team, made up of friends and we recruit around... just people we know. it started up 2 years back as 3 guys who were out of the region's rec league cuz there was no team for our age group U20.. so we joined the U-25 open league. we recruited previous teammates and friends who were somewhat adept at soccer. our first season wasn't good, it was 18 year olds vs 25 year olds... needless to say we were near the bottom.

2nd season we took on a few older guys from a disbanded team and played better, cut a few passengers and won a few more games, lacked consistency but showed promise with wins against upper table league teams

3rd season hasn't started yet, we're playing some indoor 7 a side games... so far we are doing ok, finding a consistent level, we are playing u25 again most likely, we are aiming for a mid to top finish.

the guys all like each other, though there is a division from the older guys and the younger guys. it's a good group of felos but we still have a few passengers. they are serious about the team but lack fitness, too much bars and clubs really. hopefully we can fix that this year.

alm:
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 18:15
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
Yeah, my mates and I have our own 6-a-side team too. It was only ever supposed to be a bit of fun between mates, most of us play 11 a side for other clubs more seriously.

For our kits, as it was basically gonna be the same side week in/week out we decided it was best for everyone to just chip in Ł15 and buy thier own shirt which is their's to keep.

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2007, 03:36 Thread Starter
Legend

Alright, finally got our Barcelona jerseys and they look good!
Next Tuesday we start! LEGENDS FC is about to own all!

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2007, 18:44 Thread Starter
Legend

Yesterday we had our first league game and we won 2-0!
Amazing game guys.

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2007, 21:39
World Class Player

Congrats, keep us informed :thmbup:
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:06 Thread Starter
Legend

March 20th, 2007.
Legends FC Vs. Sin City Strikers: 2-0

Next match, Legends FC vs. Dutch Oven.

We need to win games against these "new" teams because there are two teams that are, 1) great team who has won several editions and 2) the B team for the Semi-Pros in Vegas.

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2007, 11:17
World Class Player

Well, then good luck against the Dutch Oven. The teams in your league seem to have rather funny names. :thmbup:
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2007, 05:17 Thread Starter
Legend

This year they do. Last time it was pretty normal names mostly team names.

post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2007, 18:40
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
Cool to hear about someone starting up their own club, and congrats on the success! Just out of curiosity where and what sort of level is your league at?

I actually helped to start an intramural club here at my college, which actually has a very competitive intramural league, and right now we're in the second part of the first season (we do a fall and spring league due to weather being too poor in the winter to play). We did really well in the fall phase considering we had just started and we were 18 and 19 year-olds with just high school team experience playing against some teams that were composed largely of 20-21 year olds, some of whom had played on the college team or were involved in some other sport. Came in third place out of eight. Our spring season just started and we actually won the first game by forfeit since the other team didn't bring enough players, but we have a game this afternoon against the team that beat us to the championship last season, so that will be quite exciting. I've been watching reels of Buffon and Schmeichel to inspire myself. We've also played two exhibition games against pickup teams for practice and won both of them fairly handily. The great thing is, we are all at the college for a good while longer, so we can form into a really successful unit in a year or two's time.

Also, we are considering getting jerseys, but obviously ordering authentic jerseys is going to cost a helluva alot more than anybody is willing to spend. I know you got yours through a personal contact, Captain_Totti, but does anyone else have any ideas of where we could get fairly cheap jerseys that wouldn't have to be authentic? I'm in the United States.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2007, 23:37 Thread Starter
Legend

Wanna play soccer? I'm your man. The league I play in and that I also sometimes help sponsor is the best in Las Vegas. In our Open Mens Division we have Tyneside which the same players of Las Vegas Strikers, the semi-professional team that plays in the NASL, National American Soccer League. So yes... its pretty competitive. We are at our third game now and we are tied at second place with another team. My team, because I just started it, its alright. I had to kick out some peeps and some I might later on. Overall though, we are doing pretty damn well. Unfortunately our main defender got hurt and he already missed 1 week and will miss 2 more for sure. We have many seasons though. Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. I wanted to get Roma jerseys and I might later on, but for now we have Barcelona jerseys. Some guy was gonna use Roma jerseys and then did not. Pissed me off. The director of the league I play in ordered them for me via someone he knows in Taiwan. I can ask him some info and he can give you the contact. You have to buy 20 shirts though, he does all the major teams, and man... trust me when I tell that for 15 dollars... he gives one hell of a shirt! S&H included btw.

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2007, 19:36
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: Lazio
That's pretty cool. So what's the news? Stayed a success?

P.S. As ashamed as I am to admit this stylewise roma jerseys kick the shizz out of Barca jerseys. :embarass: So get those if you can.

"Annoy, tiny blonde one. Annoy like the wind!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Logan Echolls (Veronica Mars)

"Keep your words sweet, you may have to eat them."
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 18:49
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
I used to run an amateur futsal club, we were in a league, finished 5th from 6 teams
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2007, 00:35 Thread Starter
Legend

Well same here, we have one official game left before play-offs and we didn't do so hot. We are not last but you know... around 5th place in a ten team league. But I knew that it was gonna be like this the first season. I got some good players but some that are not that good and thats why this Saturday I got around 9 new players coming in to scout them at practice. You only make a club better with time. I wanted to have an indoor team also because it is easier since its 5-5 but the place is really far and the fee for the season is 900 dollars which is absurd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in