Question to cleats fans. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2006, 00:33 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Italia - Roma
Question to cleats fans.

Well as many might know, I own several pairs of cleats. Yeah, I got a little too crazy back in the day but I decided to stop buying cleats for good until I wear off all my pairs and will hopefully keep it one pair a time from then on . This being said, I am trying to get rid, so to speak, of the boots I find less good first. They happen to be Nike Mercurial Vapors II. Now, I took a shower with them (was quite funny ) because I heard and read it around that it does work, and after much thinking, I did it. It seems that now they strerched a bit more and the heel counter (the one that has been giving many troubles to many I hear) seems to have adpated. But does nayone know if it will remain this way? Or are there any other ways to make the shoes fit to my feet? As in stretch it a bit more? (especially the hard plastic heel thing) Thank you.

Make Xtratime great again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2006, 21:59
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
If the boots are leather there are special sprays you can buy to spray on your boots which will help them strech but as the vapours aren't leather I doubt that'll work.

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2006, 21:47 Thread Starter
Legend

Which spray do you recommend?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 18:22
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
How do you get grass stains off white boots? .
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 18:42
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
The Vapors are a synthetic material that really doesn't stretch much. I hope yo udidn't ruin them.

As for hte Vapors, its funny but I found them for 50% off and tried them on and found them to be the most uncomfortable thing ever. The sole seems molded so your foot fits perfectly but if the mold doesn't match your foot then the bumps are in all the wrong place. I hated them and did not buy them.

Any idea what happened? I like how light the shoes are, but I could not walk two feet in them much less run a football match.

Grass stains are tough but maybe try some bleach/water solution and a toothbrush.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 00:09 Thread Starter
Legend

Well I stopped buying cleats and will keep buying one pair a time from now on. It will take a while before I use them all but...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in