Selecting what boots to play with. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2006, 23:16 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
Selecting what boots to play with.

I know it sounds really dumb, but how do you guys choose which boots your going to wear before the match. Like yesterday I brang my Astro turfs to the park as it hadnt rained for days and I was slipping around. When I do bring my boots usuallly it does my back in as it is too hard.
So how do you guys judge it, go in your back garden and check? OR just very well prepared?

Answer my dumb question please,
Umarnino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 05:43
Legend

Teams: Italia - Roma
What exactly are you saying and asking? You mean that even if it was dry you were slipping? And that you actually felt pain in your back? Cleats should not make you slip and should not give you back pain. It’s all about soft or hard ground and personally, I don’t think it makes a difference. I buy all my cleats FG.

Make Xtratime great again.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 13:50 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
Hokey doke. Just wanted to know what ones preference of boots are because everytime I bring my astro turfs I slip around and don't get maximum grip.
FG I guess is more logical to get than SG so I'll take that into consideration.
Thanx.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 18:57
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
You don't have to decide. Take a couple of pairs, and if need be you can change your boots during the warm up or even during the match.

I've never worn astro boots though, not even on astroturf, I really don't like them. Always mouldies for me, although it can be a bit of a bastard when it rains on the astro..

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2006, 07:52
DAR
Premier Player

Teams: Morocco NT, Dutch NT, Juventus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarnino
I know it sounds really dumb, but how do you guys choose which boots your going to wear before the match. Like yesterday I brang my Astro turfs to the park as it hadnt rained for days and I was slipping around. When I do bring my boots usuallly it does my back in as it is too hard.
So how do you guys judge it, go in your back garden and check? OR just very well prepared?

Answer my dumb question please,
Umarnino
in the end it's all about where you play..if it's a thick grass field (by thick i mean like proper grass in a park) then you're better off wearing cleats i guess...and as far as your back goes maybe a pair of real light cleats would help..like mutu said it probably would be best to just bring both pairs and just try them and see which one would like best...as far as boots go i don't like the nike 90 total plastic types..they don't mold well to your feet i think buying comfortable leather boots that mold into your feet would probably solve your issue

Marouane Chamakh is the truth..hold it down in bordeaux
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2006, 18:20
Winter is Coming.
World Class Player

Teams: Liverpool F.C, TFC, BVB
I stopped wearing nike's cuz i didn't enjoy the plastics. a good pair of leathers feel a world of difference, even if they are a bit heavier. I haven't tried the new preds but my manias are holding up well, SG if you play on lush real grass fields, and FGs if you play on other not so good fields. as long as the boot fits your feet and the pressure points of the cleats are in the right place you can't go wrong.

alm:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in