Futsal! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 00:22 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: ARSENAL
Futsal!

Anyone here play futsal?

I've made a team again this year and the season is starting in a couple of weeks. It's the second year I'm playing in a futsal competition, and i have to say that it's great.

Does anyone have some experiences, tips, questions about football they'd like to share?

As far as my team goes, we will be versing a state team this year who have again joined our competition. Last year they beat us 9-1 or something like that but im confident we can try and turn that around.

Go futsal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMAICA (Croatia fan)
Australia is funniest team ever. we will rock you 6:0, Brazil maybe 10:0.

Not some funny team like Australia. i hope so that football world will waiting another 40years to see again that joke of national team on this big competition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 17:40
Legend

Teams: AFC Ajax Amsterdam
I play. Started off when I was 16 and this year my team will be up and running again. I'm in goal, but I have played my fair share of games as an outfield player as well.

We play my favourite strategy, with the GK as 5th man. Ideal, since I am one of the better outfield players as well, if I may say so. Great way to pile up the pressure on the opposition, who miss 1 man to stop the GK. Great strategy.

Mens Sana In Corpore Sano

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 01:53 Thread Starter
Premier Player

That certainly sounds like it could work, with the GK playing as a sort of sweeper-playmaker. My team just isn't good enough to work like that. Our keeper is good at shot stopping but nothing special in terms of outifled skill, and our passing isn't very ambitious. We tend to smack the ball up the court too much, although i'm trying to convince everyone that we will be more successful with a short passing game.

Quote:

Not some funny team like Australia. i hope so that football world will waiting another 40years to see again that joke of national team on this big competition.

post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 09:53
Legend

Yeah man, it is all about short and fast passing. I always try to convince my team that we should keep the ball low at all times. High passing is close to useless indoors, because of the small space and the fact that it is way more difficult to control a high ball indoors, because defenders are usually pretty close.

Short, fast passing and continuous movement of the players does the trick. Alas, it is difficult to play and hence many amateur teams cannot play that style.

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 11:30 Thread Starter
Premier Player

In your comp, is there a rule that the keeper cannot throw the ball over the halfway line on the full? I way sure that this was the official rule, but in our competition the keepers just chuck it to the opposition 'box' and see if someone can get a flick on towards the goal.

Quote:

post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 12:29
Legend

Nope, we don't have that rule. It may well be an official rule, but thankfully we don't play by all the official rules. My competition is not one of the official Dutch NT, but a different association (cultural sports association). Therefore, we don't have all the stupid rules like "you can only play the ball to the GK 1 time" for instance.

post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 12:44 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Just played a game with 4 players! against a team that 5on5 i would consider our equal!

We played with pretty much 2 defenders and 1 striker (me), and they were unable to break down our 2 man (plus me dropping back) defence. I did my absolute best to hold the ball up up front and brought the other 2 guys into play. We worked brilliantly, took all out chances and won 4-1!

Quote:

post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 15:21
Legend

Good one mate.

You must have been knackered after the game, being 1 down?

post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2006, 01:02 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince-O
Good one mate.

You must have been knackered after the game, being 1 down?
Absolutely.

Looking back, I'd probably say that the other teams is a fair bit weaker than ours in reality, but before the game i didn't think that at all.

Quote:

post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2006, 06:52
Thought Criminal
Legend

Teams: Croatia
I play!

I started last sunday, first game.

Our team is not used to it yet so we lost 10-4 , but the posistive was i scored two of our goals.

One game in and im loving it. Sunday is a bit of a prik to play but eh, i love it.

post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2006, 18:35
Legend

I think we'll start in a week or two. A bit late for my liking, but I can't wait. I won't have that much of a conditional disadvantage since I have squashed all summer. It will be great to play again.

post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2006, 08:55
Thought Criminal
Legend

Teams: Croatia
Played last night and lost again but with a few fill-ins. 8-5 so we are getting better. Scored two again.

The ref had like some huge problem with me for some reason. I asked a guy who kept diving and then staying on the ground like he has been shot if he needed us to call an ambulance for him and i got yellow carded for that. Then later, they had a free kick and i was at least 3-4 feet away when they went for the kick i stomped one foot on the ground and he told me if i do anything else im ghetting red carded...i couldnt say a thing or he'd card me the fuc.kin gimp.

BTW...

Do you guys use the ball thats like semi flat or something, proper futsal ball? I love it, it allows for greater control and less wild play.

Last edited by Ćevapčići kid; August 21st, 2006 at 09:04.
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2006, 09:40 Thread Starter
Premier Player

The ball we use is small and kinda heavy. I wouldn't say it's exactly flat, i think that's the way it's meant to be.

Quote:

post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2006, 10:17
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
I would love to play futsal but I'm not sure if there is a compeittion in WA. I play indoor as well as outdoor though.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2006, 11:16 Thread Starter
Premier Player

In what ways is your indoor competition different to futsal?

Quote:

post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2006, 11:35
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
There are no outs, you can't header, you can;t shoot outside a D shaped goal box, the ball can't go above a certain height and you can't slide tackle.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2006, 11:40 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Playing with outs is important IMO, because it is incredibly tempting to pass just in the general direction of the player and let it hit the wall, or dribble by kicking past a player and retrieving at a wall, which isn't too good for skills and control.

Can't shoot outside the box? what type of ball you use btw?

Quote:

post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2006, 12:15
Rising Star

Teams: Milan, Australia
last year i played in an futsal comp, it was awesome, but this year were too late for registration.

it was great fun, despite us losing every game, until we got into the semi finals on goal difference (it was a 5 team comp), and we ended up coming second (one win and a medal... not a bad record ).

our 'manager' (the guy who could be bothered organising), insisted we play with a sweeper, two midfielders and a striker, but it turned out to be too much of a fuss as having 3 players (and 3 opponents) in one area of the court just crowded everyone out, and we switched to a box, which worked quite nicely.

agreed on the outs... makes passing and first touch so much more important. we used a small, heavier ball.
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2006, 11:03 Thread Starter
Premier Player

First game in our 'real' indoor comp this weekend

Incredibly - first game is our derby. It is against a team made up of friends of our team. They have some very good players and the results last year were 4-3 to us and then 4-1 to them. Should be exciting

Quote:

post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2006, 00:24
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
I want to play futsal But I don't know how to get involved in a team. Played indoor footie before at a mates party though...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in