How does it make you feel? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2006, 14:08 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
How does it make you feel?

Before and after games?

When I am to play a football game I am usually quite exited and feel good. I always look forward to games, regardless of prospects. Like right now as I have a game in 4 hours, I feel "pumped up".

Now after the games on the other hand is dependant on result, but also partly on my own performance. A good result and even moreso a good result where I played good will keep me happy for days, while a bad one may almost make me go into a depression.

Is your mood affected by results/games?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2006, 18:49
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo Zagreb,,Benfica,Toronto FC ,Hrvatska,Srbija
yeah it sure is i am also pumped before. after if i win and play well im happy untill the next game. if i lose and play poorly im sick for that day and the next.

I whistle in a riot i strut in a rut im glad that lifes a B I T C H because that S L U T gives it up
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 00:24
Premier Player

Teams: ARSENAL
This isn't to say that I dont try hard, and i'm one of the most passionate footballers around but...

before a game, i'm usually a bit nervous and often i wish i didnt have to play that day.

(once the game starts, i forgot all that and give it absolutely everything i've got though)

a good game will keep me in a good mood for quite a while, but i am usually able to get over a loss pretty fast (unless it is a SF or Final loss etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMAICA (Croatia fan)
Australia is funniest team ever. we will rock you 6:0, Brazil maybe 10:0.

Not some funny team like Australia. i hope so that football world will waiting another 40years to see again that joke of national team on this big competition.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:16
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Yeah, not so much these days though, I just play pub football for fun really, though I still don't like losing, but 3 hours after the final whistle, I'm usually drunk as a skunk though, so all is forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 18:40
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool, PSV, Juventus, Boca Juniors
I always try and get in "the Zone" so i can come on to the playing field with the uptmost focus and not lack in mental toughness. I like to listen to music just like the players before a game especially something that gets me focused some Massive Attack usually does it for me.

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.

Leon J. Suenes
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 23:28
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
well i'm your best friend off the pitch but on the pitch im ultra competitive, i shout, swear, scream, order, direct, it brings out another side to me, but the guys i play with are about the same. that's why we get really competitive games.

Vicente05 will be back
Kroos05
is the future

No Kroos no party baby!!!!!!!!!!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 02:12
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Ararat
Quote:
Originally Posted by arfy05
well i'm your best friend off the pitch but on the pitch im ultra competitive, i shout, swear, scream, order, direct, it brings out another side to me, but the guys i play with are about the same. that's why we get really competitive games.
p I'm imagening you during games.
arfy: MAKE THAT PENALTY OR I'LL SHOOT YOU!!!
arfy: IF YOU DON'T PASS THE BALL NEXT TIME I'LL CUT YOUR BALLS OFF!!!
arfy: YOU SON OF A ***** THAT WAS AN OPEN SHOT!!!MY GRANMA WOULD OF MADE IT!
arfy: COACH YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT!I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LET ANDY PLAY AND I'M SITTING ON THE BENCH NEXT TO 'STINKY PIT'.
Pit tries to tap arfy on the back.
arfy: DON'T TOUCH ME A$$HOLE!!

Dako on UEFA's decision to cancel the Armenia vs Azerbaijan matches. :dielaugh:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dako
It's not over yet, the FFA are going to pursue this legally.

However, if the decision stands, we're the victims; whether we play Azerbaijan or not, they still get no points and we lose ours.

Last edited by X player; August 10th, 2006 at 21:28.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 11:56
Legend

Teams: Arsenal
I amble onto the pitch, say nothing and don't get at all psyched up but as soon as that whistle goes I switch into win mode. I aim to win my prsonal battles on the pitch, hate anybody getting the better of me. That's why I faked a birth certificate and play under 12's.

Hello
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 10:10
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo Zagreb,,Benfica,Toronto FC ,Hrvatska,Srbija
Quote:
Originally Posted by arfy05
That is me 100 % . sometimes ive been known to take it a tad to far

I whistle in a riot i strut in a rut im glad that lifes a B I T C H because that S L U T gives it up
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2006, 00:36
Star Player

Teams: Hrvatska,Bayern Munchen
I'm usually a bit nervous before games but when the game starts i just get into the flow of the game.

I get really competitive but i don't scream at my teamates but rather i argue with the defender marking me. If we win, i'm obviously happy. If we lose, i'm usually extremely pissed and don't want anyone talking to me for a few hours. I remember we lost a game 4-2 for school(Our last game of the season and our defense sucked so bad) and even though i scored and assisted my friend adis, i still wasn't happy with my perormance and the teams so after the game, one of the players from the opposite team walks by me and says "Good game Number 11" and i responded with "**** off" lol. I also drew a PK but my teamate peter missed it. Not an excuse....p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in