as a player what are your pros and cons - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2006, 12:02 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Hajduk Split
as a player what are your pros and cons

try to be honest and objective
well i didn't play much football, only one season before i gave it up when i saw that wasn't for me

pluses were
well i had a good pass, nothing spectacular but i rarely made bad passes
i could control the ball, nothing spectacular, but at least i knew the basics like stopping the ball which is more than you could say for half of the current hajduk split side

bad sides however are much greater in number
i was lazy, didn't like training too much i especially hated those fitness trainings every tuesday, didn't have a lot of fitness, lack of speed, useless at shooting except on rare occasions, didn't like defending too much or marking players(which is a bad thing if you play left full back ) hotheaded and shortempered like every true dalmatian

there i tried to be objective

Never forget
Never forgive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2006, 19:07
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
good thread.

my pros are simply speed and good positioning, as a striker i tend to run often a lot.

cons, lack of technical skills, i'm the trez/rvn kind of guy, though my speed grants me some skills

need also to develop on my left foot, 1 foot isnt enough.

Life is only about black and white!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2006, 19:26
Star Player

Teams: United, Atletico
For me i would say:

PRO's:
Crossing, Pace, Skill

CON's:
Heading, Short Passes, Tackling

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2006, 22:25
Star Player

Teams: Newcastle United, England
Pro's:

Good hold up play, finishing, positioning.

Con's:

Lack of skills, poor left foot, lack of confidence when things go badly.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2006, 22:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Pros
I am tall so I was naturally good at headers and corners etc.. Have a good hard shot but not needed much as a sweeper.

Cons
Not the fastest person in the world, only good with one foot and at times there were plays where it would of been much easier to use the other foot.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2006, 07:16
World Class Player

Teams: Inter Milan, Macedonia NT
Pros

Quick on the ground as im a striker, Good with the head, good technical skills

Cons

Not very fit, need to work on left foot and tackling
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2006, 14:26
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
Well I'm a centre back/occassional sweeper.

Pros: Tactical. I'm good a reader of the game and have good positional skills which is important when you play "last man". As such it's usually up to me to organise the back 4, call them out etc. and I think I do that pretty well too. I'm also a tough tackler.

Average: Heading, pace, strength.

Weaknesses: Technical ability. I have a poor first touch and am a poor passer. I don't give it away in stupid areas often because I'm aware of my limitations but I very often end up playing aimless long balls up to the strikers when there is an easier pass on short.

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2006, 00:32
Premier Player

Teams: ARSENAL
Sweeper

Pros: PACE, Anticipation, Tackling, Organisation of teammatesm, leadership,

Reasonable: Heading, Strength, Passing, Stamina

Cons: Really poor on my left foot and i just can't be motivated to practise on it too much. Not too good at scoring and shooting either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMAICA (Croatia fan)
Australia is funniest team ever. we will rock you 6:0, Brazil maybe 10:0.

Not some funny team like Australia. i hope so that football world will waiting another 40years to see again that joke of national team on this big competition.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2006, 00:47
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
As a striker:

Pros: Pace, Anticipation/Timing of runs, positioning, penalty taking

My finishing is fine, and I usually have a good scoring, but there are some shots I have missed that make me want to work on it more.

My heading is reasonable, though I'm better at things like redirecting crosses and flicking it on with my head than I am at going up and challenging for the ball

Cons: Strength/Jumping- I'm not as good in the air, I usually work best with a stronger target man to knock balls into my path. I have a pretty poor left foot as well. I really use the momentum from my runs to line up any left footed shots I have, as the ones I would set up from a slow or stopped position are pretty week (ie, its harder for me to turn and shoot with the left than it is for me to run onto a ball and hit it with my left). Also, my aim isn't that great with the left. Sometimes I'm not as confident as I could be.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 05:57
Rising Star

Right midfield/ winger

Pros: Pace, good crosser, good long range shot and good finishing, decent passing and decent techique.

Cons: Bad Stamina, which affects my game a lot in every aspect, when I run out of breath I screw up a lot of stuff that I could usually do without any problems, bad left foot, lack confidence when dribbling and bad decision making at times (mostly when I'm tired, which is often ).
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 07:04
Rookie

Pros: Pace, strength, dribbling, tackling, passing, crossing

Cons: Finishing , aerial control, concentration
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 22:07
Star Player

Teams: Blaugrana
Pros: My best weapon is my speed. Second is airial power, I'm 15 years and 182 cm. My shot is pretty good, it's hard, but I miss the goal sometimes.

Cons: Tracking back.. well, I'm lazy. My technique can be a bit struggling sometimes. And the worst thing is my finishing.. I'm even worse than Giuly. .

Nits màgiques de futbol a l'estadi
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 02:02
Star Player

Teams: Italia, Torino and AC Milan
i like to play as a second striker or anywhere on the left, left wing or left back

pros: tactically/positioning im great on defense, good tackler, very good passer, powerful shot, im a very good dribbler coming down the left wing and im very creative, i have very good ball control, im very quick

cons: im right footed naturally but am not very comfortable on the right side of midfield or defense (go figure lol), my shot lacks accuracy, very bad at heading the ball, even though im better on the left side my left foot isnt as good as my right and i need to improve it, badd stamina
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 15:21
Rookie

I play futsal only, I played 11 a side until 6 months ago, before I decided it wasn't for me, I hate when you can't control the ball properly because of the pitch condition, and that's normal in Croatia.

In futsal I prefer to dictate the play from the back, or the left

Pros: Extremely fast with the ball (over 5-10m), good shot, flair, good at going past players, fine technique and long range passing. Left foot almost as good as my right.

Cons:
I'm horribly, horribly awful at heading the ball. My height (166cm) doesn't get me in many situations where i get to the header, but when I do, I'll probably squander it. I lack physical strength, and while I make up for it most of the time with my speed, I still avoid shielding the ball and backing against players, always preferring to turn and face the opposition.

My physique only comes in the game when I'm facing older opposition, so that's alright and I imagine it will be sorted with time.

I prefer to stay back and wait for balls rather that run into channels, but when I play the game to my strengths I always create trouble when going forward.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 15:41
International

Teams: PARTIZAN, Juventus.
cons - fitness, speed, aggresssion
pros - shooting, finishing, passing, tackling, skill

Da volim CRNO-BELE,
Ja ponosno kazem svima,
Ja volim to slavno ime,
I divim se samo njima.
Na svetu nista lepse,
Ne moze da postoji,
Nego sto je nasa ljubav,
Prema CRNO-BELOJ boji.

Ljubav prema klubu,
Ne moze da prestane,
Dok zivim klicacu njemu,
Volim te Partizane.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 13:13
Premier Player

Teams: Man Utd , Brentford
pros:My pace could do 100m in about 11 flat , dribbling I would go past any player in front of me till i got fouled , Technique wise I could bring the ball out the air and control it with ease.

Cons:was Shooting absolute shite the only way I could score would be to go round the keepr. Passing it was good but I just wouldnt pass it , showboating would do few tricks for the sake of it. Temper , rash challenges Id argue with linesman refs etc

Recuring Knee and calf injuries and the need to get pissed at the weekends meant I packed it in

"When the seagulls... follow the trawler... it's because they think... sardines will be thrown... into the sea". yes Eric
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 12:18
Rising Star

Teams: Man united, Atletico, Sampdoria
Pros--- Strong tackle, Good Heading of the ball, Hard Shot

Cons--- Not much Speed or fitness lol, not much accuracy on my shots
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 20:56
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal
Pros:
Excellent ball control, Great on-ball pace, tackling, Getting my team back in the game physically and mentally, Great passing (lead my team in assist almost every year although im a striker)

Cons: I cant do laps, My snap shots are not that strong on both feet

"I'm a winner and when you wear the Arsenal jersey you have that in your blood. You have to enjoy the moment'' - Thierry Henry. 06/04/2006

"Sometimes there is nothing better in life than being a Gooner." - Kevin Campbell

Gooner + Canuck? Visit Arsenal Canada
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 19:49
Legend

Teams: Arsenal
Pro's: pace, strength on the ball, finishing, vision, when I get fired up I destroy teams

Con's: when I play a great ball I tend to stand and observe, some games I'm just not interested, having played centre back then right wing then striker I guess I don't have an out and out position, I can't goal poach and my heading is diabolical (even at centre back I never headed the ball)
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 21:37
Premier Player

Teams: Inter,Cimbom ve Blaugrana!
pros:assing,crossing, ghoing past ppl, shooting from range and man-marking
cons: fouling others,poor finishing and a bad header of the ball!

:"Yurtta barış, dünyada barış"
A famous quotation and motto of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in