The Own Goal Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2006, 09:12 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
The Own Goal Thread

This is a thread for us members of the own goal club to share our traumatic experiences. I am a double member of the OG club.

First one was a pretty bog standard OG. Cross whipped in which was dropping just over my head. Jumped as high as I could, just got small glance off the top of my head which was enough to put it past the keeper.

Second one as a bit more interesting. We were 3-2 up in a cup semi-final, a lead we've been hanging onto for most of the second half. There's about 5 minutes to play and it is absolutely pissing it down - we're up to our ankles in mud in the penalty area. They win a free kick in a wide position and they pile forward - there must be 20 bodies in our area. As you can imagine, there's all kinds of shirt pulling, pushing etc., and it's my job to mark the big centre forward. I've got hold of his shirt, he's got hold of mine and as the ball comes in, he makes his run and we both kind of wrestle each other to ground. However, as I'm falling the ball hits me on the shoulder and rolls inside the post at a speed of about 2mph. I didn't even see it. Gutted.

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2006, 09:50
Star Player

Teams: Ac milan, Melbourne Victory, Australia
I've only had only 1 goal.

In my early days in under 13 coz i was to young i played for under 12's and 13 on the same right after each other. Mainly coz i was the only decent sweeper the club had. So anyway, it was the start of the match i was aboslutely rooted after the previous macth so i would just hang bak and as a sweeper i didnt have to mark anyone. A harmly cross came i went to whack as far away as i could but instead it hit the inside of my shin and popped nicely to the right corner. Besides the fact we won 5-1 in the dead i was pretty devasted i though i cost us the match since it was 0-0 But no semi-final own goals. Although i have saved alot of goals off the line by standing on the post.

Winner Xtratime Hattrick Cup Season 1

Go Australia
Go Milan
Go Victory
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2006, 14:00
World Class Player

Teams: Inter Milan, Macedonia NT
Never scored an own goal. But I have come close on a couple of occasions, it was a cross near the corner flag, the ball was coming straight at me and I only had an attacker behind me maybe 3m I went to smack it out but it came of the side of my foot started spinning and smacked the crossbar and came back down. I was quite shocked that had happend at that point of the game. Anyway im an attacker so I dont get much scares like that, hehe.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2006, 17:23
Legend

Teams: Cementarnica 55 Skopje
I scored an own goal also It's because I was put in the defence, while I'm good as striker or winger, but not defender. I was last defender before goalkeeper, the ball was in the air, rival attacked me. I got panic and I kicked the ball very high to place it on the corner. Unfortunately I lobed my own goalkeeper

Cementarnica in Vtora Liga 2009/2010
Cementarnica - Miravci 2:0 (Kostadinovski 40'-pen. Naumcevski 43')
Belasica - Cementarnica 1:2 (Markov 24' - Donev 9'-og Trajkovski 47')
Cementarnica - 11 Oktomvri 2:1 (Jakovlevski 15' 77' - Kostadinovski 26'-og)
Cementarnica - Belasica 4:1 (Braga 23' 38' Ristovski 43' Kostadinovski 63' - Jurcevski 88')
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2006, 18:22
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
i never scored an own goal, being a striker and all.

Life is only about black and white!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2006, 19:29
Star Player

Teams: Blaugrana
I was a striker and I actually scored two owngoals, on corners, after that my coach told me to never defend again. I can't say I'm complaining.

Nits mŕgiques de futbol a l'estadi
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2006, 12:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
I can remember two own goals. One was a deflection on a long range shot, the other one was perfect: there was a cross coming from the left flank of the attack (right of the defense) and I was running towards my goal with my opponent. The cross was really strong, almost a shot and finished on my right foot. My touch was perfect and the ball finished under the crossbar, near the post. It was an away game, so the supporters teased me during all the game "Score another one!". Terrible!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2006, 12:32
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
I've done it twice:

The first time I passed the ball to the goalkeeper and an opponent striker run towards him to contest it... they both missed the ball and our left back failed to clear it before it crossed the line. Cue an enormous fight between me, the goalkeeper and the left back (who was the only one involved who wasn't at fault). It was a relatively poor pass but if goalkeeper hadn't panicked he wouldn't have missed it so it's his fault more than mine, I reckon.

Second one was very traumatic. It was cup semi-final and I scored a freaky own goal. A very fast pass came in the area about 2 meters from our goal and I slided in to clear it but the bastard ball richocetted off the post and came back at an enormous speed... bang, hit me in the head and went in... That's us fvcked. I was 14 years old and couldn't stop crying.

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2006, 12:38
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
I also had two OG's. One was a hard cross from my left side, goalie already beaten and 2 opposing players behind me, the ball was pretty much a meter in front of the line and in an attempt to stop them from scoring, I slided it in myself.

The second one was hilarious for bystanders. The ball went over the keeper and I ran to try and kick it out with a bycicle kick, keep in mind that I'm not very agile, so I did the move and just slightly hit the ball, only to see it go in the roof of the goal. I still remember the pain in my back.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2006, 14:31
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp
I can remember two own goals. One was a deflection on a long range shot, the other one was perfect: there was a cross coming from the left flank of the attack (right of the defense) and I was running towards my goal with my opponent. The cross was really strong, almost a shot and finished on my right foot. My touch was perfect and the ball finished under the crossbar, near the post. It was an away game, so the supporters teased me during all the game "Score another one!". Terrible!

yuo play in a specific team in italy?

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2006, 15:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il_Grande!

yuo play in a specific team in italy?
Specifically crap league, 8 levels under serie A, but I retired a few years ago.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2006, 14:00
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

still in italy though.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2006, 20:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il_Grande!
still in italy though.
yes
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2006, 22:09
Xtratime Legend

Teams: teh AFC lolz
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2006, 23:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Leonardo
Damn, that goal was a double blow, hope you didn't have flashbacks

Although, that's not technically an og, is it? Just a calamity of the highest order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 16:51
Premier Player

Teams: FC Thun 1898 - West Ham United FC
I only had one in a school tourney, some centuries back by now. The other team attacked on the left wing and I tried to mark their striker storming to the front of the net. As the cross was driven strongly into the area I wanted to clear it but I arrived to absolutely hammer the ball into our own net... It must have been a look-alike with the latter one described by ToniSamp.

At least I could prevent the striker having an easy tap-in. His confidence remained on a low throughout the game

Cheers
East Ender

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
- Confucius
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 23:59
Winter is Coming.
World Class Player

Teams: Liverpool F.C, TFC, BVB
i once dreamed I did a Djimi Traore.

alm:
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 20:59
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
The first goal I ever did on a training was a OG Passed the ball back to goalie but he was to slow, even more embaressing was that we played indoor so it was handball goals
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:59
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Only ever scored one own goal, but it's legendary around my way. It was when I was playing at under 10 level, we had a giant of a goal keeper, even at 9 he could comfortably touch the cross bar in a full size goal, people thought it was impossible to lob him, but somehow I pulled it off.

I was running towards my own goal as the other team attacked, there player kicked the ball across the edge of the box, and from 18 yards out, I got there just before the forward, stuck my foot out, nd chipped the ball towards the goal, the keeper flapped at it, and it went in...I was gutted, still it got me legendary status for a while, as the guy who lobbed the giant keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in