Is it good enough? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 15:53 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid C.F.
Am I on the right track?

Hi all.

First of all I feel it's important to tell you all that I have not made this topic to ask what my chances are of becoming a professional football player, because I already know the chance is slim (like one of a million) but it's still there.

What I'm more concerned about is if I'm doing the right thing and if I'm on the right track.

I have started running (jogging?) everyday at 22:00. I run like 1.5KM and my goal is to run four of those routes so it will be 6KM every afternoon. I have also started practicing with my World Cup 06 Teamgeist football and will begin to practice 4 hours a day everyday (including weekends), so absolutly no break at all.

I have been in Denmarks best youth-developing school too which is called Br°ndby IF. I had only been there for 3 weeks and already there people said to me that I would be on the SAS Liga (best league in Denmark) team in 5 or less years. Eventually I just quitted but now I will go back fight like no other would every training and match. Btw, I think it's important to say that I'm turning 17 in April month.

When I were a part of the club I worked my ass off at every training session. It hurted so much and I could feel the pain all over my body and I couldn't run but I kept fighting, kept playing and kept running. I think it showed all of them what a fighting spirit I will use to pursue my dream of playing for Br°ndby's SAS Liga team and play in Spain one day.

What I want to know is, if I'm on the right track and doing the right things? Are there things I should add?

I won't here things like 'Keep dreaming' and such because it's important to have dreams and work for them.

A list of what I am and will do:
-Jogging/Running 1.5KM everyday at 22:00 (including weekends).
-Practicing with my Teamgeist football 4 hours a day everyday (including weekends).
-Will join Br°ndy IF's youth-system again and fight like no other would.

So anything you wanna add? And I know it's all about talent and practice.

PS: Sorry for my bad english (?).

Last edited by Marialtha; February 28th, 2006 at 16:37.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 18:08
Legend

Teams: England
I think you should set aside a couple of hours a week at least to work totally on passing. As if you aren't the biggest or the quickest then being able to outpass everyone else is going to make up for that.

So like buy hoops or something and place them on a field, then get to a decent distance and work on your whipped passes to see how close you come and your lofted passes. Work on passes with the outside of your boot and your weak foot. Try 'killer' balls, through passes on the ground that curl to some extent are usually the best.

Don't forget about other aspects as well. You need to be able to communicate well and have tactical awareness for example.

Also worth thinking about your strengths and weaknesses and decide on a position then concentrate on that one position. So if you can defend well but perhaps not good in the air, then maybe a fullback position. Right sided ideally due to the lack of competition. Which is also a factor, try to find out a general sense of what players are needed and which are in abundance. Like strikers are a dime a dozen as everyone starts off wanting to be a striker. Competition is more fierce so small things are more likely to get you cut.

As for physical stuff, try to do a lot of plyometric exercises as they will probably benefit you most. Just jogging really isn't going to be of use. Lunge running with big strides is better although you'll look a pleb.

Come visit us in the England Forum

Follow XtraTimeOrg on Twitter

" Marc, ok you won" - Calcio100

I am the circle and the circle is me.

Shall I then fear the tone
That breathes from world's unknown?
Surely these feverish aspirations there
Shall grasp their full desire,
And this unsettled fire
Burn calmly, brightly, in immortal air. - Felicia Hemans
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2006, 18:19
International

As long as you a dream and the real desire to accomplish that, I think you have a chance. You should at least not give up if this is what you really want.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2006, 15:02
Egg
Rookie

When doing your jogging, be sure to add in sprints every minute or two. It'll improve your fitness for itll keep your heart rate extremely high.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2006, 23:57
Star Player

Teams: United, Atletico
Even though youre a Madridista ill try help you out. lol
Try and train with any local team even if they suck, as no matter how physically fit you are, match fitness is completly different.
Rebuild your confidence, a confident player is always a threat even if his ability is questionable.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 03:53
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal
Jogging alone isn't going to help. You probaby need to develop upper body and lower body strength and explosion in your legs. Polymetrics should help with the legs and you should do a lot of sprints because in addition to jogging around there you need to be able to run in bursts. Plus depending on what position you play you need to be strong enough to not get knocked off of the ball. I would think that working the core will also help so in general you need to do more physical activity other than just joggin in order to play soccer at the highest level. I'm sure your coaches could help you out soccer wise but you want to be as fit as possible. BTW what position are you playing?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:22
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
I think you have a great chance. If you have the determination, desire and work rate to acheive your goals, I see why not. No matter what age i.e. Bazzani and David Busst, without the snapped leg:thmbup:.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in