My 5-aside indoor team. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 15:58 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: teh AFC lolz
My 5-aside indoor team.

I thought I'd make this thread so you can all enjoy the perils and joy of my five-aside indoor football team

-------

Anyway. So the team name is Nameless. We play at the Modbury ICA (which is chiefly used for indoor cricket ) on Friday evenings. Games usually last for forty-four minutes, the halves are twenty-two minutes long. There's five players on my team currently, but I also play as a backup for another team. We alternate between goalkeepers where everyone does a half every few weeks.

The team comprises of Nathan, otherwise known as "Aff". I know him from school and he used to play for Modbury Vista SC in Adelaide. He's mostly used as a midfielder but does wander up front sometimes, and is pretty good in goals.

Sean, otherwise known as "SB" is probably the best player we have on our team. I've known him for about twelve years, we went to school together and played at Enfield together. He mostly plays in defence because he can't run a lot due to an ankle injury I gave him one time while playing 1x1 in the backyard . He doesn't score a lot.

Most of our goals are scored by Dale, nicknamed "Nibs" for some reason I don't remember. He plays the furthuest forward and has a pretty good shot on him. I went to school with him.

The last player not me is Dariusz, whose English name is Darek. He also went to school with me and played at Enfield with SB and myself. He's a midfielder also and usually rotates between Aff and I playing behind Nibs. Scores usually once a game.

And then there's of course, me. I'm the 'capitan' (Me > Maldini) and team founder. I play as a midfielder or defender usually. I like to get forward but my shooting is awful although I probably have the hardest shot on the team. I don't have a nickname either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 15:59 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Our first game of 2005 was last Friday (the 4th) against WNB. This was the team that somehow beat us in the Spring Season Final 4-3. They're not a very good team, frankly, and play very defensively. With only four outfield players available to play, they play three of them in defence and leave on his own up front. Darek wasn't playing since he seems to think relatives from Poland he's never met before are more important than football

They took a quick lead through this guy who shouts a lot. It was a defensive error when SB and I went the wrong way. He thought I was marking the guy who scored but I went left to mark the other player coming forward, thinking he was going across from me. He had an easy shot to make it 1-0. We equalised soon after when Aff tapped it in after I shot from distance and hit the crossbar. HT it was 1-1.

We made it 2-1 shortly after half time when Nibs got the ball in midfield and blasted a shot into the bottom corner, but they equalised soon after when a deflected shot went in.

I scored the winner after a brilliant piece of football. SB took the ball out of defence and crossed it up the pitch for Nibs to head across to me. I didn't have the space or time to control the ball, so, I stuck my foot out and volleyed it into the top corner. We won 3-2.

I'll post last weeks (the 11th) game later.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 16:14
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Posted 10:58
Quote:
Posted 10:59
:eekani: Wow, you can type very very fast!

Quote:
(Me > Maldini)
Yeah right.

Seriously, good luck with your team, although I must say I'm looking to drop the indoor football trade. Especially after talking with Mike (Owenization) recently about the torn ACL he suffered in indoor, combine it with my injury, and I'm starting to not see the benefits anymore. I will still play futsal, though, just not indoor 5 a side.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 16:15 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I wish we had futsal here but I can't find a place that does it. I'd like to give it a go because the netting for indoor annoys me a lot. I cut my face on them once p
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 16:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Good luck, I did a thread like this. The problem is with 5 a side, after playing, you're too exhausted to type!

~ The Green ne
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 16:38
BANNED!
Star Player

You cut your face on the netting? I'm confused.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 16:39 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
Good luck, I did a thread like this. The problem is with 5 a side, after playing, you're too exhausted to type!

~ The Green ne
That's why I'll leave it a day or a week late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac
You cut your face on the netting? I'm confused.
I don't know how it happened either. I just remember going for a ball and then bumped into the netting on the side, and when I turned around I had a small cut below my eye.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 17:02
BANNED!
Star Player

I meant as to why is there netting on an indoor pitch? Here we don't even have nets in the goals, just walls...how is the netting used there?
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 17:06 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I meant as to why is there netting on an indoor pitch? Here we don't even have nets in the goals, just walls...how is the netting used there?
They're normally indoor cricket courts, hence the netting (ICA stands for 'Indoor Cricket Australia'). Here's a pic:

I managed to cut myself on it.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 17:23
BANNED!
Star Player

That's quite neat, how do they manage to play football on those kinds of pitches, though?
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 17:25 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

It's just plastic grass, similar to what's used in Field Hockey. The blue and brown etc. are just sprayed on. They play Badminton on there too.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 17:27
BANNED!
Star Player

Sounds kinda dangerous, like it'd be really painful to fall on and easy to trip, roll an ankle etc. etc.

Now when you play football there, do you play with outs, or do you play off of the netting and such? And are the goals just like futsal size, and they're mobile, or what?
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 17:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Now when you play football there, do you play with outs, or do you play off of the netting and such? And are the goals just like futsal size, and they're mobile, or what?
We're allowed to play off the nets and we have the semi-circle rule about goalkeepers - outfield players aren't allowed to step over that circle and goalkeepers aren't allowed to step out of it either. The goals are about 3m wide and about 1.5m high.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 20:08
Star Player

hey guys ive got 2 hours until my indoor soccer game but am feeling very tired what should I do to become more energetic right now??
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2005, 20:09
BANNED!
Star Player

Drink water, take a cold shower, listen to techno music, and watch videos of your favourite players and imagine getting to play where they are and scoring the goals that they're scoring.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2005, 20:46
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
or eat a banana in future
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2005, 11:25 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by khimik
That's why I'll leave it a day or a week late
Alright. Last week's match. We played against a team called The Tigers. We'd never play them before but it turned out it was just a new team of people from various other teams so we knew what we were going to get.

They scored first after they caught us on the break. We were attacking with three at once so they qutie easily scored on the break. We replied soon after and then scored another one, but they grabbed one just before half time. 2-2 at the break.

It was my turn to go in goals . They scored pretty easily and we grabbed one back, but they scored three more ridiculous goals. One of them came when I slipped over and the ball bounced over my glove and into the net. We got two more but eventually lost 6-5.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2005, 22:22
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
interesting game

Life is only about black and white!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2005, 03:28 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I'm just a terrible goalkeeper in general.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2005, 08:16 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Forgot about this p

Two weeks ago we lost 5-3 to Keep Left, and then last week we lost 7-1 to Winning Seven. We're having a poor season compared to last season.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in