LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2005, 21:48 Thread Starter
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal
Indoor 5 a side footy

anyone play this?
i could be soon...ive asked if i can go in goal...

ive played indoor football like 4 times before...when i was young, never with adults/ older teens so what am i to expect?

the side i could be playing for have recently formed and need players...theyve played two games, i know the result of one a 15-6 loss....so umm im guessing im expecting alot of shots >_<

I have no map to find my way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2005, 22:12
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

I'm not talking of Pro or anything near, but this type of football is the typical way is played in Argentina, you arm two teams at least, rent an hour and a half, or one hour a pitch, and you have lots of fun...then are also Ligas, Tournaments.
Usually when it becomes regular, the teams began to be pretty the same always and you bet let's say the beers, do it is lot's of fun, not 11 man football, but easier to play more regularly....and advice never count the goals like 30 to 80, just keppe counting like: 2 up, tie, you 2 one up, is easier to keep the counting between friends, and yeap some goals can be stole, part of the game....

It happened to me alot that you start with another 9 friends and three months laters you are playing with 9 persons you barely know...

"De cada 10 personas que ven televisión...5 son la mitad"
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2005, 00:21
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangio
and yeap some goals can be stole, part of the game....
Haha. Too true.

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2005, 03:25
Legend

Quote:
Haha. Too true.
so the friends factor is important, if not the beers instead of being drink fly directly to your head..

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2005, 14:40
Rising Star

Teams: Sampdoria
Fangio, i used to play indoor in a competition about 4 years ago and we had a team called Argentina! We were all Argentine except one who was from Uruguay. And we all wore Argentina tops. And we had to play this macedonian team, and we only had 3 players...and they kept saying..."dont cry for me argentina". Anyway we played in defence the whole time and just kicked the ball away to their half...then later on when the rest of the players came we ended up to win! I remember i was very passionate that game, its was a national duty to win!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2005, 19:56
Legend

3 players???? nobody was near to ask him to play?? and uually when you don't present the quantity the other team wins by walk over..anyway, congrats: HUVO!! HUEVO!! HUEVO!! when you cannot play, not let the other jejejejee

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2005, 03:59
Star Player

Teams: Italia, Reggina
If your going to play in net expect hard shots as they are fired from a close range.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2005, 04:00
BANNED!
Star Player

Uh oh, I dislocated my kneecap today in indoor five a side football.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2005, 14:42
Legend

Teams: AFC Ajax Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawZ2002
anyone play this?
i could be soon...ive asked if i can go in goal...

ive played indoor football like 4 times before...when i was young, never with adults/ older teens so what am i to expect?

the side i could be playing for have recently formed and need players...theyve played two games, i know the result of one a 15-6 loss....so umm im guessing im expecting alot of shots >_<
You mean the futsal type of game? I do play it.

If you go in goal, keep in mind that it is quite different from outdoor Goalkeeping. An indoor GK should be a good player as well, for the sake of having an extra man over and because you can react quicker because you have an idea what the opposing player is going to do.

Mens Sana In Corpore Sano

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2005, 18:23
Legend

Quote:
You mean the futsal type of game? I do play it.

If you go in goal, keep in mind that it is quite different from outdoor Goalkeeping. An indoor GK should be a good player as well, for the sake of having an extra man over and because you can react quicker because you have an idea what the opposing player is going to do.
Plus I can't help myself and pull every ten seconds a Loco gatti or Higuita move, here in Argentina are few that wants to be the goalie, so the usuall thing is to turn after every goal receive, and esier way to receive it is playing standing in the middle of the pitch while being the keeper..jejjejeje, well many times you will have to stay for another goal because your mates determinate that you have "let them make the goal to leave the keeper role"..which is certain in a an 80% of cases....

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2005, 20:36
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
i play indoors in an artifical pitch , 5 vs 5, it's gr8 that i'm always scroing goals

i play 2-3 times a week, when the field is empty i just play 40 egyptians pounds to play 2 hours with my buddies, gr8 type of soccer.

Life is only about black and white!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:21
Premier Player

Teams: S.Korea, Athletic Club Bilbao, Pohang Steelers
I just played yesterday, and man it was tough for me I really need to build some more strength

We miss Guus Hiddink days... But we need to move on for better future.

Ji-Sung Park
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2005, 07:29
Legend

[QUOTE]I just played yesterday, and man it was tough for me I really need to build some more strength [QUOTE]

It has more rythim, but playing in high rythim a normall game is much more exhausting and demanding, the thing is that between friend you can even change air sitting in the grass, while your friends want to kill you, while in indoor, they literally will run over you the nest second, little space, and the constant change of attacks is hard, but after a month playing, you will accostume, the thing is to play regular, and btw if some of you are pro in 11 game, is not very good, the kees can be ruined easily, because of the floor.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2005, 15:18
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
artificial grass rules!

Life is only about black and white!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2005, 23:09 Thread Starter
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal
im in pain, my muscles are stiff, namingly my knees
i have a huge feck of wooden floor graze type thing on my rigjht knee

during the game i played down the left side....alot of it in attack - not my natural place to be i was rather shattered

I have no map to find my way
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2005, 11:09
World Class Player

Teams: Ajax & Barcelona
I started playing indoor football three weeks ago We're in a local league, we play every saturday evening So far the score is two wins and one loss. Considering the fact we've never played together and all the other teams did, it's not a bad score Our last game was this saturday, we beat the #1 5-4, we scored the 5-4 2 min before the final whistle I scored two and assisted one

I picked up a few knocks though, some dude hit me in the thigh with his knee which hurts like hell and I fell down badly after I was assaulted from behind while trying to controll a ball on the chest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in