Problems with the shin area - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2004, 19:53 Thread Starter
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Problems with the shin area

Hi guys I have real bad problems with my legs...Specifically here they are:

1) Shin splints- I usually know what this is, b/c the pain is in the inside part of my leg where the bone transforms into muscle. Usually that pains me so much when I play, but I noticed that as I play more and more I got less and less pain.

2) this is the real problem I have. Its a pain in my shins, but all the way in the front part of my leg in the very heart of the bone on both legs. Kind of like right 4 or 5 inches above the ankle area, in the front part of my leg in the solid bone. I get this real bad pain, could it be a stress fracture? This one doesn't go away unless I rest up and then once I start playing again in a few days, it comes back. And it hurts. Stress fracture is what I'm supsecting but im not sure..can u help me out guys?

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME

Last edited by Isaac; January 17th, 2005 at 19:00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2004, 20:11
Missing Guidolin.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Parma
Stop playing! NOW!

Trust me, I was told to rest for 3/4 months, and after 6 weeks I had to start playing again, (coach pressure, and myself's stupidity). They felt better but still when I run too much I can feel it, and this is 6 months later.

I'd suggest see a physiotherapist, as each case is worse, my friend was told to not play for a year, see what they say, and do what they say basically. I thought I was clever, but I just made it worse.

It's not a nice injury, and it's re-occuring.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2004, 21:22
BANNED!
Star Player

Argh, I'm going to tell you something you might not want to hear.

A friend of mine had this exact same problem, same injury descriptions, everything. In the end his problem was uneven legs. One of his legs was an inch taller than the other, and this caused terrible shin splints. In the end he had to have his shorter leg broken and lengthened and was unable to play for 6 months.

You need to stop playing nevertheless and see a doctor ASAP.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2004, 17:53 Thread Starter
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
OMg..you guys are scaring me..i'm gonna set up an appointment with my doctor...

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2004, 04:45
Xtratime Legend

Teams: teh AFC lolz
Yep ... see a doctor as quick as you can, it happened to one of my teammates. He had a leg longer than another one that was causing it, absolutely terrible injury to have. I hope it's not too serious, Pulsar.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 03:06
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by khimik
He had a leg longer than another one that was causing it, absolutely terrible injury to have. I hope it's not too serious, Pulsar.
Talk about being reassuring.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2004, 01:11
Star Player

Teams: whitecaps juve chelsea canada
try knocking on your shin bone. If there is no pain you should be OK. It is then a training issue. Figure out what sort of activity causes the pain. ride a bike, jog lightly, eg. find how long and how hard you need to run for it to start bothering you.

If there is pain you may need rest for the bone to heal....likely a stress fracture if this is the case.

ask your doctor if he knows a lot about sports medicine, because most DO NOT know shit. ASk for a referal to a sports med doctor. All the big colleges will have them on staff too.

\/\/
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2004, 07:20
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
I had them all season and played all season. I missed about 6 matches of Aussie Rules because of them and at the moment I am resting, but there is still pain. So my advice to you is to rest ASAP.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2004, 22:04
World Class Player

Teams: Ajax & Barcelona
I had a problem with my shin aswell (same symptoms as you have) but it turned out to be a problem with my calf that was kinda passed trough to my shin. There was some sort of 'obstruction' in my calf and with intensive massage (which hurt like hell) it was solved

I hope for you it's the same problem as I had, since my problem was solved in a couple of weeks, while the other cases in the thread were less lucky :eekani:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2004, 22:32
BANNED!
Rising Star

I Have Has Those Also

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in