Most Significant goal you have scored - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2004, 03:43 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: United States
Most Significant goal you have scored

This is a little different then the best goal that you have scored. Describe the goal that you have scored that you believe to be the most significant to the game that you were playing in. Describe the mood, feelings after scoring, how you scored, and of course, celebration.

Sometimes finding you is like trying to smell the color nine.

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2004, 04:09
Xtratime Legend

Teams: teh AFC lolz
Two foot tap-in goal that turned out to be the deciding goal in the 2000 SA U15 Cup Final . I took off toward our bench like Mijatovic did in the CL final a few years back. Very special moment for me since i don't score all the time.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2004, 04:12
BANNED!
Star Player

Wot? You posting without spamming? *laughs*

The most significant goal I scored would be the tremendous volley I hit at ODP tryouts this past weekend. I think this would be most significant as making ODP is a make-or-break event in a player's life, and scoring such a brilliant goal could help me go far.

In an actual game, I can't decide whether it was the fourth goal in a 12-2 rout or the seventh goal in a 10-0 rout. I struggle to score vital goals in games.

I guess scoring a treble against my old youth side was probably the sweetest, I got that three years ago at u-13 level. I scored a breakaway, after which I 'raised the roof', glanced in a second which I didn't celebrate, and a third, after which I put up three fingers at the opposing coach, an absolute prick who was the main reason I left.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2004, 15:21
BANNED!
Rising Star

Won The 2nd Game Of The Tournament In Penalties...happy...cursed The Other Teams Fans! :d :d :d :d ...no Really, They Had Marbles In Bags And They Would Shake Them 2 Get On Our Nerves...so I Said How U Like Them Marbles Now?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 13:31
Premier Player

Teams: Sampdoria
the most significant for me would only be a winner in a 4-3 win this year, nothing increadibly special though, just low shot outside the box

SONO BELLO...SONO SANO...MIA MAMMA MI HA FATTO DORIANO!!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 13:55
Star Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, England
I was a sub in the U18s County cup final. Came on with 10 mins to go with the score being 1 - 1 and scored a peach of a volley to make it 2 - 1 which was the final result. I was top scorer for the season although I was sub every game.

i am now a CB.

"If god wanted us to play football in the air then he would have built a pitch in the clouds"

Brian Clough - Legend
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 19:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
I scored a goal in the minute 94 vs a local rival club. It was the 1-1 so it was a very important goal for the team...

We were attacking to get at least the draw, and I was in the area waiting for the ball. Suddenly the ball came to me after some rebounds, and I shooted with my left foot. The ball got into the net near to the bar. It was a nice and "very important" goal
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 03:11 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Zola
Wot? You posting without spamming? *laughs*

In an actual game, I can't decide whether it was the fourth goal in a 12-2 rout or the seventh goal in a 10-0 rout. I struggle to score vital goals in games.
Obviously the issue has been resolved or I wouldn't be here posting this. Goals in routs aren't that significant due to the fact that either way fourth goal in a 12-2 game isn't that important, nor is the seventh goal in a 10-0 rout. Those are goals but I wouldn't really consider them significant.

Sometimes finding you is like trying to smell the color nine.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 03:18
BANNED!
Star Player

I was making a joke.

As to most significant single goal? A sweet strike that put us 2-1 up in an indoor match for our old team, Craig. Remember that game we went into saying "Maybe we can keep it in single digits" and we came out, got the opener, they struck back, and I hit that sweet twenty yard drive straight in?

That was a majorly significant goal, first as I hated those twats and second it gave us the momentum and we eventually ended up pulling out a dramatic 4-4 draw.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 04:42
Rising Star

Teams: AEK Athens, Greece
high school state tournament. semi-finals. we are down 3-0 at halftime. we score first 10 minutes of second half. then we score 3 in about a span of 8 minutes from about 15 minutes left till around 7. i score the game winner when im on a break away with the ball bouncing and lightly tap it over the on rushing goalies head. and we win. awesome feeling and game.

AEK Original_21

YANKEES SUCK
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 22:35
BANNED!
Rising Star

Whoa!!!!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 22:42
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Semifinals.

I was guarding far post.

ATtacker got ball and shot it at me.

I blocked with my feet. My idiotic defender tried to kick it out to the side of the post. I was trying to get it out towards the field. He ended up blasting the ball back at me, and it went off my feet into the goal.

And that was the seminfals.

1-0 LOss

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2004, 21:34
Rising Star

Teams: Ajax & Madrid
When I moved to a new club 6 years ago, 15 years of age, I told the coach of the team I was playing rightwing.
He saw me training and said to me: "I'm gonna let you play in midfield, you don't seem like a forward to me".
Disappointed as I was, i decided to give it my best in the first game. I played rather well the first half, giving some nice passes, and the coach was like: "I told you".
Then, in the second half I was allowed to play rightwing, within 30 minutes I scored 4 goals!
Now you may guess what I told the coach...!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2004, 02:29
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsar36
Semifinals.

I was guarding far post.

ATtacker got ball and shot it at me.

I blocked with my feet. My idiotic defender tried to kick it out to the side of the post. I was trying to get it out towards the field. He ended up blasting the ball back at me, and it went off my feet into the goal.

And that was the seminfals.

1-0 LOss
Fantastic, Pulsar. You know how to stick it in the back of the net when it really counts.

You ever scored a goal at the right end of the pitch?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2004, 08:53
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal and Juventus
Golden goal in the finals of the series. It was a freekick and the second time I'd scored one in the knockout phase. We won 3-2.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2004, 08:27
Star Player

Teams: Italia, Reggina
I was in kindergarden and I scored a goal that beat a friend of mine (the ball hit me and bounced in).

Just joking I haven't scored any significant goals just prevented them I also haven't played in any really significant games.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in