A Young Managers training - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 14:07 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
A Young Managers training

Since i was 13 i've alway wanted to become a manager for a big club and i want to be a coach as a prefession.now im 16 im old enough to caoch a team and This year I managed a 15 year old team and they were lets say mixed talent.Well heres the players and how i got the best out of each as well as my trainign and tactics.

my team

Levi (cant remmeber his last name)-he is a good keeper.Has great distrubution and is a great catcher.he is but a bad diver and isnt a great shot stopper.how i improved him well first to improve his slow shot stopping i would roll a ball to the left and right of him at different speeds.He wasnt alowed to be acrobatic and a showoff and if he missed a ball it was 20 push ups.After 3 weeks of him doing the above excercise for 10 minutes we made it more difficult.To imrpove his speed and reaction time we did a little excercise i created which was pretty succesful.He had to stand straight infront of me i would be quick and hide my moves when rolling it through his legs and he had to get it before it crossed th el;ine.it going over the line meant 5 push ups.with this and the god old through and dive catch routine he was ready after 4 weeks practise he was ready for hard training.i got our stricker Yovan to take shots form 3 metres to 8 metres and the goaly had to save them.after he let in 10 goals it was a lap.This imrpoved him well and all season he let in only 22 and helped us lift the trophy as we won the div 3 champiosn cup.

i doo the rest of the team later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 14:36
Missing Guidolin.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Parma
You can take your JTM award mate - Junior Team Manager, now known as the Level 1. That is the first coaching award and allows you to coach children up to 16.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 14:56 Thread Starter
Star Player

yeh when i finish school im heading over to euroep.nearly saved enough .im going to get my pfa,fifa and all the other coaching badges and try and get into to coaching as sosoon as i can

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 15:36
Missing Guidolin.
Xtratime Legend

Cool, good luck. I actually took my JTM in 2002 at Millwall Community Scheme.

You might be able to take it there if that's the area you're in.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2004, 12:40
BANNED!
Star Player

That's something I've been curious about for a while. How do the levels work in English football managing? I hear older players talking about getting their "level 1" or "level 2" but I never fully understood.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2004, 14:01 Thread Starter
Star Player

i think nit is a set of classes you take and the higher you get the mroe advanced things you can do.thsi is why some managers cant stand in there dugout as they dont have the right badges
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2004, 15:06
Missing Guidolin.
Xtratime Legend

At the time JTM, was equivalent to what the Level 1 is now. But Level 1 is slightly longer than the JTM was.

However, if you have the JTM is counts as the Level 1, as that what it was at the time.

Coaching Ladder:

Level 1, Level 2, UEFA B, UEFA A, UEFA Pro.

There are seperate courses for Goalkeeping coaches aswell, with the same B,A lisences.

However, you can't take the UEFA Pro course unless you played as a professional, (apparently).
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2004, 21:17
World Class Player

I heard Mourinho was a pro for abit but he wasn't that great.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2004, 01:59 Thread Starter
Star Player

no he never played.he was a translator thats all.also benitez only played under 18 level
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2004, 02:09
World Class Player

Im pretty he sure he played at some level but gave up when he was really young
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2004, 02:22 Thread Starter
Star Player

no he didnt.he never played pro football.he was a pe teacher and and a tarsnlater for robson at porto and barcalona
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2004, 04:02
BANNED!
Star Player

Thanks for the explanation.

However, I think it's silly for you to have to play professionally to be a manager. It's not talent as a footballer that makes you adept at coaching, it's a deep understanding of the beautiful game.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2004, 05:48 Thread Starter
Star Player

i agree but u dont need to be pro to have a fifa coahcing badge and im going to keep going to i have every badge i can take.my dream is to become a caoch and nothing is going to stand in my way
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2004, 11:49
Missing Guidolin.
Xtratime Legend

I hope you know the prices of such badges as the UEFA B & A.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2004, 16:23
World Class Player

I don't know if Mourinho was a proper pro but he played for a 1st or 2nd div club in Portugal.

I agree you don't have to be a pro to understand the game but respect is needed to go far in coaching, Ofcourse if you just want to coach part time and not professionally then you won't have many problems but you rarely find a professional coach who hasn't played the game at some level.

I reckon I could coach as good as anyone if I was given the respect of a ex pro and learn my trade up the coaching ladder but that isn't going to happen, Respect is the most important part, If you haven't got that you won't get anywhere and you can't really win respect if you haven't played the game.

Fitness coaches, Physios etc are different

You can be a coach obviously, But coaching a professional club is highly unlikely
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2004, 00:35 Thread Starter
Star Player

money aint everything.when u have a dream money shouldnt get in the way of it and cost is a mater i will find a way around it
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2004, 00:37 Thread Starter
Star Player

alsi look at all morunhios bios he never played football professionly.he was a pe teacher and robsons translater at porto and braca.he then became manager of benfica,then unio leires and then porto
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2004, 01:00
World Class Player

Im sure he played at some level, I might be mistaken but Im sure he played for abit but realised he wasn't going to make it far.

I found this ''Initially, Mourinho, who had enjoyed a rather undistinguished playing career at youth level with Belenenses and Rio Ave, was only supposed to be Robson's interpreter.'' I knew he had a playing career at some level when he was very young.

Anyway I'll give you abit of advice, Something else thats needed to get far is CONTACTS CONTACTS CONTACTS, Get them anyway you can and make alot of 'friends', Offer to help out around local clubs and venues, Email clubs that have community schemes etc etc

No point having at talent in something when nobody knows it apart from a few

Last edited by Faisal; October 31st, 2004 at 01:56.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2004, 01:21
Missing Guidolin.
Xtratime Legend

I was told before that the higher UEFA lisences in England were 2500 around that region.

I think the level 2 is 250.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2004, 03:42 Thread Starter
Star Player

amuimuter dont worry.i will find some way arounf the price and may move over sees to get it cheaper.this is my dream and no one is going to stop em.

im coaching two indorr socer teams and so far we have won 3 and lost one.also i think i have uncovered a superstar.a yougn 9 boy caled micheal perry.he plays in the under 14 my second team.he has scored 11 goals on his debut against the team with the second strongest defence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in