Disciplinary Record - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2004, 22:37 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Disciplinary Record

What is your disciplinary record? If you can't remember all, then just your sending offs..

For me, I have 2 red cards and 2 yellows not involved in reds.

The yellows were just for bad tackles, I don't remember the specifics, but the sending offs I won't forget any time soon...

First one I ever got was a double booking red. First I encroached on the free kick (Biggest bit of BS ever invented in football) and second was really late, and I'd worked really hard to win a throw in. I've gone over to take it, only for the referee to have reversed the linesman's decesion. Upset as I am, I just drop the ball behind me and volley it away with my heel. Stupid on both parts for me to go off for it.

Second We were losing one-nil late and I was chasing after a bouncing ball to goal..the defender shielded me from the ball with everything he had and I just lost it and kicked through both of his legs, absolutely crumpled him, and went through to score. However, the ref noticed what happened, and sent me off. Really embarassing, but sometimes the red mist descends. Hey, we all have our Roy Keane moments!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2004, 16:47
Star Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, England
Used to get quite a few yellows for reckless challenges and a few reds for foul & abusive but dont get many now ive got older!

"If god wanted us to play football in the air then he would have built a pitch in the clouds"

Brian Clough - Legend
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 14:00
Rising Star

Teams: Bolton Wanderers, FC Barcelona & Brazil NT
I'm usually pretty good on the pitch. I think I've gotten 1 yellow card in the 7 yers I've been playing. And it was a really dumb card too ...

So good they named him twice. Augustine 'Jay-Jay' Okocha is considered to be one of the most skilled players that the English Premier League has to offer. With his dazzling tricks, blazing speed, and rocket of a shot, he is a deadly presence on the pitch. Captaining both club and country by his "lead by example" type of play, any club would be more than eager to sign the Nigerian wizard.

[I]"Th

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2004, 22:11
Star Player

In youth(age of 13-15 I think) football yellow card is off the pitch,and if you get a red one it's off the pitch AND 1 or more matches too stand over.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2004, 02:30
Rookie

Teams: manchester united and benfica
Ive gotten 3 yellows this season with my club. Mostly from attitude.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2004, 03:16
International

Teams: Portugal, Beira-Mar, Sport Clube Gafanha, Renault
I've never gotten a yellow card, but I think I should've because I was the victim of the biggest dive in the history of the world. I'm walking back and I've lost track of the ball and I'm about to look back when all of a sudden some kid clocks into me and falls down I'm still standing up, the verdict? A FREEKICK!

I should've lost it, but at the time I still didn't know what the hell was going on.

p p p
p p
p p p

Portugal
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2004, 18:50
Rising Star

Teams: United States
Two reds, um not sure about the number of yellows, it has been quite some bit I would say 15 or so maybe less. Some of the have been for stupid things ie encroachment and asking the ref to tell me how much time was left. Oh well what can you do.

Sometimes finding you is like trying to smell the color nine.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2004, 18:58
Winter is Coming.
World Class Player

Teams: Liverpool F.C, TFC, BVB
haha

attitude is important you gotta stay calm or u're gonna get cards..
unless u repeatedly encroach a free kick i don't think they would give you a card
it's a bookable offence but really dumb to get sent off for.

i've only gotten one yellow in 6 or 7 years, i think i was like 14 at the time, probably for aggressiveness.

anyone ever got a straight red?

alm:
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2004, 19:48
Rising Star

Teams: United States
The thing is the officials around here are not the best.

I have gotten a straight red. It should have only been a yellow but considering the circumstances it was a red. We were playing against a team that should not have been in our league. They were a grils team that had done well in their league so they decided to play in our league. First of all that is just asking for trouble by having a female team in a mens league.

It was not the cleanest tackle. It was ankle, ball, ankle. I got the ball just in the wrong order. The ref even said " That would normally be a yellow but considering the circumstances...." The fact is that I have gotten away with worse tackles on guys my own age with no problem, at times things that were worse. The simple fact was that the ref was giving special treatment to them due to the fact that they were women playing in a mens league. Unfair I would say so.

Sometimes finding you is like trying to smell the color nine.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 12:32
Rising Star

Teams: Juventus and Korea
0 yellow, 0 red

“to live is Christ and to die is gain” -Philippians 1:21

Christ came to pay a debt he didn't owe, because we owed a debt we couldn't pay.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 20:08 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by premleague1438
The thing is the officials around here are not the best.

I have gotten a straight red. It should have only been a yellow but considering the circumstances it was a red. We were playing against a team that should not have been in our league. They were a grils team that had done well in their league so they decided to play in our league. First of all that is just asking for trouble by having a female team in a mens league.

It was not the cleanest tackle. It was ankle, ball, ankle. I got the ball just in the wrong order. The ref even said " That would normally be a yellow but considering the circumstances...." The fact is that I have gotten away with worse tackles on guys my own age with no problem, at times things that were worse. The simple fact was that the ref was giving special treatment to them due to the fact that they were women playing in a mens league. Unfair I would say so.
This shows an all-too-real problem with women playing in men's football leagues. I don't know how it happens in other countries, but in America, they say, Hey! These girls are doing well in their league, so let's stick them with the boys. It's terrible for guys, because referees are always so biased and guys usually end up standing a greater risk of getting injured because of the tackles that girls can get away with compared to the guys and they can end up injured.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2004, 16:13
Premier Player

Teams: Barcelona
1 YEllow in my life 13 years playing soccer

For low bridgeing a goalie

When Talking To A Girl Take Notes From Mufyn

i L L punisha (10:55:50 PM): and you have the cutest little white girl ass

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2004, 18:36
Premier Player

+ 10 Yellow cards.
1 red (two yellows).

LOL, I should have more of both though.

Kind of sneaky now am I?

Last edited by Sazón; September 19th, 2004 at 22:11.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2004, 16:57
Premier Player

Teams: Udinese, Czech rep.
I will look like rough guy :smileani:
last week i was sent off, it was last man foul
this season i have rocord of 1 red + 3 yellow in 9 matches so far...

for left back i think it's understandable record

but i'm not brutal player!

van Iaquinten
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2004, 17:02
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
I've been playing for 11 years and not even got booked once, which is remarkable seems as one of the things i'm known for by freinds is my 2 footed lunges I suppose i've been lucky, and also can quickly tell which refs will let rough tackles go, and which will put you straight into the book. I really should have a bad record, but i've got away with a lot of things my 2 favoutites, a 2 footed sliding tackle which completely wiped out a forward clean through on goal on the edge od the area, which only got me a telling off, when the ref called me over i thought i was gonna get a red card and punching the ball clear inside the penalty area (i just had a rush of blood ) somehow the ref didn't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 19:25
Premier Player

I have gotten 1 red card and thats it, i have been playing for years... and the reason for the red was because of fighting... wat happened was i was chasing down a player with the ball, i managed to get the ball but got him as well and he fell down. While he was on the ground he kicked me in the shin on purpose becuase it was a heated match which was getting out of hand, and so stupidly when he got up i pushed him and as he was coming towards me he went to punch me but i moved and got him with a nice right hook and immediately flattened him to the ground. Im not proud at all for that but it happens... i was meant to get a 12 match suspension considering the guy needed stiches and all that but since it was my first ever bookable offence and i knew the administrator i only got 4 games.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in